• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Features that were removed in NL that should return in the next game?

kwark

Bells
What features should return in the next game that were removed from New Leaf?

First of all, I would like the Brewster gyroid storage from City Folk back. It's really annoying for gyroids to take up most of your personal storage.

Second, the shopping card from City Folk. I don't get why they removed this from New Leaf. If you want to buy an expensive item from GracieGrace, you have to go to the post office first, withdraw the bells and then head back to GracieGrace. It's really annoying and it is so much easier with the shopping card in City Folk.

I have been playing City Folk a little over a month, so I am not actually sure how the shopping card works, but from what I've seen so far it's pretty convenient.

So, which features do you want to return?

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty cool how in Animal Crossing GameCube there were NES games that you could find and play. I think it would be pretty cool if that or something like that returned.

I wish snooty and cranky characters were meaner when you first start talking to them, like they used to be back in the original and Wild World. And I wish the animals showed more emotion when you said you'd do a task and then didn't.

I also wish they would bring back the daily morning aerobics that Copper hosted in the summer time. Maybe Isabelle could lead them instead.

Last edited:
I thought it was pretty cool how in Animal Crossing GameCube there were NES games that you could find and play. I think it would be pretty cool if that or something like that returned.

Yes! I completely agree with this, along with @Soda Fox when they said something about the snooty and cranky villagers. Both of these need to come back. I also liked making Blanca's face.

Celeste's observatory! I feel so sorry for her without it aw. And a couple of the holidays from WW would be nice to have back :3

I would like for them to bring back Wisp again along with his 5 spirits, weed pulling, and rare item giveaways he does.

Not NL things per se, but some of the jap game exclusive villagers...or just the older ones in general

that won't happen, because in 2002 there was no Virtual Console like there is now. Nintendo already said they won't put emulated games into Animal Crossing games anymore. They're not going to give those games for free when you can buy them on the eshop.

One thing they're adding back that's cool in e+ is the choice of villagers through their cards. Happy Home Designer isn't the first to allow you to have an animal through their card, e+ has that option. Plus, another thing e+ has that I wish would make a comeback is allowing you to shop after closing by banging on the door 3 times with an axe or shovel. That's pretty cool- granted for a cost since the buy price increases and the sell price decreases for items. Still, shopping at 3AM is kind of cool!

I'm glad they added back the ability to walk around while holding the net ready like in the originals. That was super annoying as soon as you hit the button in Wild World and City Folk, you'd instantly swing your net, and it's like I want to hold and walk like in the original! I kind of miss the top down view like the N64/GC ones had, and kind of wish you could move the camera all around outside like you can inside. Those are future advances, maybe if/when a Wii U possibly gets one (nothing is guaranteed with Nintendo), those will be some of the options.

NES games would never return because Nintendo has the eShop now where they can sell them and actually gain profits from them. Putting them in the game again would just prevent sales. That said, I can see them putting in an item that works like the amiibo Touch and Play app, where you scan an amiibo, and can play a short demo of a certain NES game, but that's just extra programming for something that already exists elsewhere.

@Thread: Everything I want back has basically been said in this thread already - Gyroid storage, more diverse personalities, balloon presents to contain actual items and not dopey balloon items, Wisp, and the godsend that was the shopping card.

Other than that, the only things I really want back are Serena, balls from the GC version, multiple levelled towns, and the pile of leaves and such that were in the GC version - but those are just for nostalgia reasons, not because I'm desperately waiting for them to make their triumphant return (except maybe multiple levelled towns).

i miss a lot of the cute little events like the flea market and flower fest from wild world! there needs to be more stuff happening. oh and, mean crankies and snooties... i also miss the annoying-ness of some of the character like lyle, nook and blathers ngl

edit: how did i forget this... The double river-y island-y thing going on in wild world maps! with villagers living on the beach ahh so cute

Last edited:
i just wanna mail the villager i hate a fish :p

i miss celeste's observatory ;v; that was one of my fav parts of the old games and i love celeste as a character too! i felt sorry for her when they took away her chops xD

Getting the island back in ACNL was cool, but I would have liked for it to include the house and the island villager like in the GC version. The easy cloning trick with the GBA in the GC version was also nice. Please bring that back with the 3DS.

Last edited:
I kinda miss having two levels. It seemed like there was so much more land... it may just be me lol. I really miss the island river thing too. I also agree that the observatory and shopping card should come back! Also, on the Wii, you could attach a microphone so you could talk while doing stuff with a friend. I thought that was cool.

Last edited:
I miss some of the little festivals. I loved La di da day. My town tune is a wreck at the moment.

In wild world there were WAY more slots in closets. I miss that a lot.

Back