Features that were removed in NL that should return in the next game?

I miss the shopping cards, constellations, and the good presents attached to the balloons, I don't like the balloon set.

Last edited:
Am I actually the only one who prefers the activities and events in Wild World to those in New Leaf?

Maybe it's just nostalgia going to my head, but Wild World *felt* more unique and detailed, whereas New Leaf is more focused on personalization and feels more like an iPhone game to me...!

to be able to zoom in and out and rotate outside like you can inside (maybe hold 1 of the triggers and then use the cross pad to activate outside camera changes)
constellations!
K.K. playing in the roost again (maybe only on saturdays & club gigs stay the same)
the morning aerobics!
the signs in WW that told you where a villager would move in at. Maybe now we could have the choice to move them around like a PWP if we don't like where they are (that way we don't have to plot reset like a mad person)
I would like old villagers to visit inside the town! It would be super cute to see them fishing/talking with new villagers!
ISLAND VILLAGERS! Maybe we could have the same island as now but be able to buy another island and have the choice to make it residential or not.
More storage on our person.
STATS omg PLEASE! Why introduce a badge system if you can't see how close you are to getting to the next one? (Also I love stats in general so yeah)
Bigger maps! I miss the cliffs, too.
A map editor omg. Maybe kind of like poke-bank, like something we have to download but can use in game.
A way to send things to other players without having to go to their town/them coming to yours.
Tool storage.
A way to get villagers you don't want out faster (eviction notices?) and then a way to keep the ones you do want longer, like maybe you formally have to approve every move. Also maybe we could have to approve of when someone wants to move in. Like we get a notice at the town hall or something and we can either accept or decline. (This could also be a way to farm for your dreamies by reseting and seeing who wants to move in now)
Be able to place furniture outside
More pattern storage on our person.
Maybe like a DLC shop or something. So if you got the game late you could still get old DLCs but maybe for a super high price. OMG a competitor for Gracie! Bc the store owner would have similar prices lol!
Redd his own store like in a back ally way or something lol omg that'd be so funny. I know he has his tent but it'd be so funny to have like a secret passage to his store on main street lol.
An easier way to place PWPS and have the buff zone smaller. Placing PWPs is SUCH a pain that I hardly ever used them!

I know that these are things that haven't been taken out but it would be SO COOL to have these in game! Also this list could go on and on.... I think about these things a lot!

Last edited:
Anything that was left out in any game. (Shopping card, Game-specific events and festivals, the game-specific villagers, the customizable inventory screen, etc.) Also, this wasn't in any other game but, if the player is ever elected mayor again, LET HIM/HER HAVE ATLEAST SOME F***ING SAY AS TO WHERE VILLAGERS MOVE IN!!!!! All the lost flowers...

Not so much a feature that was left out but toned way down - NL villagers don't seem to talk to each other nearly as much as they do in WW and CF.
As for full-on features...
I, like many others, would like the backstory conversations to return. Anything to make it all seem more like a real, living town.
I had a lot of fun with the GBA Island...I'm not sure how something like that could be reimplemented for a new game, but I'd like to see something like that return.
Same with island villagers - although I think that would be easy enough to include if the island itself is enlarged.

Also, we used to have copy/paste functions while writing letters!
Why isn't that a thing anymore? /:

Oh my god the note in the bottle. When I was little I probably sent 50 of them thinking someone would actually get them... ;( But alas, I had no wifi back then. I think it'd be super sweet to find one after you streetpassed people.

I'd really like to see cliffs come back. >w< I mean real cliffs, not the ones in NL. I feel like the new ones just cut off the beach, as you hardly ever have any real reason to go there. But I liked the sort of vertical space the cliffs in City Folk provided, and the fact that the beach still felt like a part of your town and not some kind of borderland.

I'm also seeing a lot of things I agree with, like the randomised balloon presents, Wisp, meaner villagers (it was really satisfying to know you'd cracked them?). Definitely the gyroid storage. I think the Acorn Festival was one of my favourites, but it was really nice to see Halloween get a revisit.

Like what happened to that Boondox scandal Tortimer and Phyllis were running? More of that.
That was a scam?! ;n; What what how didn't I know this?

I would love to be able to work for nook again. I know the idea is pretty outdated now, but I still really enjoyed it.

I HIGHLY think that they should bring back drawing on Blanca's face. I know they removed It because of the rude things on it that were sent to different towns. How about if someone witnesses blanca's face in a rude state they can report it to some character and the person's player will receive a message, maybe in mail as a warning. 3 warnings, fourth time they are banned from drawing on Blanca.

I miss two things from Gamecube version.
1. The garbage dump!! Dumping all the paper I was given there was the best.
2. When villagers would post on the board that they buried an item in a certain acre. It was awesome to go out treasure hunting and dig up a bed or something.

This has been gone for several entries but I always missed how you were never able to ask for favors directly like you could in GCN. Sometimes, I just want to run some errands for them and not chat about whatever.

Back