• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Features that were removed in NL that should return in the next game?

I miss the meaner crankies and snooties--it always felt like such an accomplishment to earn their friendship!

I also miss the morning aerobics from ACGC, and Wisp the ghost was one of my favorite NPCs on the Gamecube. ;w; I also really liked the flea market, the observatory, and flower fest!

I also really miss Blathers rambling about your donations, and the little character events that happened when you talked a lot to Nook, Sable, Pelly, etc. It made me feel like I was a lot closer with them, and made all the characters much more lively IMO.

I feel like I'm the only one who ever remembers, but the diary/calander they gave you at the very beginning in GC that had all the events and your birthday in it. And you could add notes to days and stuff like that. I also miss how many cool, interactive events were in the GC game.

And when I pay off all of my home loan, I would like to still have a huge statue of me constructed in town.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm the only one who ever remembers, but the diary/calander they gave you at the very beginning in GC that had all the events and your birthday in it. And you could add notes to days and stuff like that. I also miss how many cool, interactive events were in the GC game.

And when I pay off all of my home loan, I would like to still have a huge statue of me constructed in town.

Yeah. Those were the good old days. The balls that you could kick around were fun too, and it would be nice to have them with wi-fi. The aerobics event and the radio that you could put in your house were cool too. It is kind of unfortunate how much stuff got removed from the GC version that never came back.

I really liked wisp. And the police station. What happened to them?

I really liked wisp. And the police station. What happened to them?

The police station is a PWP in NL, so while it was missing in WW and CF (though you could do the same stuff at the gate), it has been brought back. I don't know why they got rid of Wisp. We will never know.

The Cooper/Booker duo, balls, multi-layered towns, original villager design, NO ISABELLE, and Nook being the owner of the shop. I hardly ever saw him in New Leaf because I barely needed to do anything to my house. At least as the shop owner you'd have a reason to visit consistently. The Nooklings are cool but man Nook's classic-ness is so much better. As for the Isabelle thing, I really miss Tortimer and his Mayor-ness. I feel like Isabelle just took out a huge reason to visit Pally/Phyllis/Tortimer (granted they didn't do much but still). I much prefer them over her. Oh, and Phyllis's personality.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, scratch that.

I want them to remove all this "super-cheery-happy" fake crap and add back the actual personalities. Come on, optional Resetti who doesn't even scold you or make you do those annoying tasks? That's literally the best part of him. Isabelle just comes off as someone putting on an act or some mindless assistant. Same with the villagers. Instead of acting like people, they come off as mindless drones who just want to coddle you like you can't live with 1 harsh word. Like what happened to that Boondox scandal Tortimer and Phyllis were running? More of that.

But I guess I'm bias. I just didn't like the way New Leaf turned everything all cutesy and that Isabelle is everywhere now, plus some things like the re-designs really did bother me.

I remember I used to enjoy when a villager would ask you to go pick up something from another villager that they lent them (like a gameboy, camera, or a book) then when you ask said villager about it they would say "oh yeah, I lent that to someone else.." And you'd have to go on a hunt to find the item since all your villagers like sharing, apparently.

I used to really like that. It showed the villagers really interacted with each other and it gave doing errands a little bit of fun.

The police station is a PWP in NL, so while it was missing in WW and CF (though you could do the same stuff at the gate), it has been brought back. I don't know why they got rid of Wisp. We will never know.

they probably got rid of wisp because he was redundant in NL because of the changes - wisp would either give you a random item, smash cockroaches (thats gonna censor lol) or weed the town, but because ordinances were added, players who had the beautiful town wouldn't get weeds or cockroaches, so if you had that ordinance wisp would only have one use, the his most popular use was weeding, which was easily preventable because of the beautiful town ordinance. so unless they changed him up, him being in the game would've been pretty useless to people wh had beautiful towns, which is the majority of players anyway. and for those that didnt have the beautiful town ordinance, leif offers a weed pulling service anyway, so the only options for wisp left wouldve been killing cockroaches and giving you a random item, which is pretty useless

that said, I really loved his character and hope he comes back because he's defs one of my favorite special NPC's

Last edited:
they probably got rid of wisp because he was redundant in NL because of the changes - wisp would either give you a random item, smash cockroaches (thats gonna censor lol) or weed the town, but because ordinances were added, players who had the beautiful town wouldn't get weeds or cockroaches, so if you had that ordinance wisp would only have one use, the his most popular use was weeding, which was easily preventable because of the beautiful town ordinance. so unless they changed him up, him being in the game would've been pretty useless to people wh had beautiful towns, which is the majority of players anyway. and for those that didnt have the beautiful town ordinance, leif offers a weed pulling service anyway, so the only options for wisp left wouldve been killing cockroaches and giving you a random item, which is pretty useless

that said, I really loved his character and hope he comes back because he's defs one of my favorite special NPC's

They could have brought him back but with a different role. Like when you find him and give him the lamp he moves a villager's house for you gives you a "ghost series" item or something like that.

I think wisp NEEDS to come back with a new role. He could be a part of Halloween or something.

Things That We Miss From the Old AC Games

I really do like what was added in ACNL, but I do miss some things. For one, I miss being able to draw Blanca's face xD, and I also miss all of the special events that the GameCube version had.

I miss making constellations with Celeste </3 She was my favorite special character in AC:WW. I also miss hearing about the Able Sisters' background in New Leaf. Now they just talk about how happy they are to see me and to have Label back with them, but I really miss hearing about their family.

I also miss a lot of the old villagers. There were so many awesome ones that never made it past the original AC for Gamecube. Like Tad, Marcy (not Marcie) Candi, Stella, Sprocket, Bea, Maddie..I could go on and on. I also miss being able to have 15 villagers.

I really miss having those shows with K.K. where he was by the train station... Drawing Blanca's face was also really awesome and then I liked being able to buy entire sets from Gracie Grace in CF.

Back