• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Scariest thing to ever happen to you?

I suppose the scariest thing was almost losing my mom in a car crash when I was 9 years old. The doctors said there was a slim chance that she would make it, but she did! Only spending 10 days in the hospital. I was pretty terrified , being only a child, and having to think about my life without my mother. Im so grateful she survived tho :)

This is probably going to sound kind of pathetic in comparison to a lot of the other stories here, but here goes...

So I was part of a group that needed to ensure that you were able to swim and keep afloat, due to sailing being one of the main activities. And, of course, we had to take a test for that- just getting into the ocean with a life vest and treading water for a few minutes. But... I don't know why, maybe I have a fear of deep water and the ocean, or of the jellyfish that were around there, maybe it was my dislike of cold, but as soon as I got in, I practically freaked out. I admit myself- it was kind of irrational. I can swim, I has a life jacket. But honestly- I think there was a part of my mind that was convinced that I was going to die; that something would happen.

The worst thing is that nearly the same thing happened last summer, and the water wasn't even cold nor deep.

Oh man one time in middle school my school went into lockdown every day due to something because of this one kid who was picked on was doing. He had this weeklong plan of events starting with a fake bomb threat, a fire on tuesday, a blackout on wednesday, a real bomb threat on thursday, and an actual shooting on friday. He was smart enough to make the first three days happen without getting caught but because he actually planted a real bomb on thursday they got really serious in their search and I think another student ratted him out. Then when they caught him they found out he planned to kill himself after the shooting and had recorded a suicide message right in what sounded like the middle of gym class, and they broadcasted the suicide message on the intercom on Friday morning as some sort of moral thing when in reality it was kind of creepy that they did that, even to my sixth grade self.

Oh and one time the school got locked down on my birthday in seventh grade, but it was just a naked guy with a shotgun this time. I thought it was hilarious and I happened to get locked in art class so me and a couple of guys at my table started drawing a naked guy with a shotgun in his hand.

Middle school was so real.

Probably not the scariest of my life, but I remember one time I was walking home with my friends. One of them legged it across the road when a van was coming and we couldn't see her at the other side of the road when it'd passed, so we started freaking out and looking for her dead body.

She came out from behind us when we'd crossed the road and I almost slapped her for scaring us like that. =P

Last edited:
Oh man one time in middle school my school went into lockdown every day due to something because of this one kid who was picked on was doing. He had this weeklong plan of events starting with a fake bomb threat, a fire on tuesday, a blackout on wednesday, a real bomb threat on thursday, and an actual shooting on friday. He was smart enough to make the first three days happen without getting caught but because he actually planted a real bomb on thursday they got really serious in their search and I think another student ratted him out. Then when they caught him they found out he planned to kill himself after the shooting and had recorded a suicide message right in what sounded like the middle of gym class, and they broadcasted the suicide message on the intercom on Friday morning as some sort of moral thing when in reality it was kind of creepy that they did that, even to my sixth grade self.

Oh and one time the school got locked down on my birthday in seventh grade, but it was just a naked guy with a shotgun this time. I thought it was hilarious and I happened to get locked in art class so me and a couple of guys at my table started drawing a naked guy with a shotgun in his hand.

Wow, That's crazy! We have only had one bomb threat in the High School I go to

When the hospital tried to discharge me without knowing what was wrong with me while my blood results were out of control, there was a certain enzyme 20x higher than normal xC
They transferred me at the last minute, I was later diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis >-<

Then I came to the realisation that if they discharged me I would be dead by now
Close call.

I saw my kitten get mauled by a dog and since I was only a wee Lil one I couldn't move or do anything all I could do was just watch as the dog shook my kitten in it's mouth like a ragdoll I was just so frozen in shock, I eventually let out a scream and the dog's owner came out and stopped it but it was too late :c

Also small note this dog killed my other cat which was the mother of the kitten.

Last edited:
I saw my cat get mauled by a dog and since I was only a wee Lil one I couldn't move or do anything I could just watch as the dog a joke my cat on it's mouth like a ragdoll I was just so frozen in shock, I eventually let out a scream and the dog's owner came out and stopped it but it was too late :c

Oh my gosh, that's terrible!

"Just a naked guy with a shotgun"?
Dude......
Man, I would have been scared like hell in both those cases honestly.
----------------------------------

Well, I got some threats myself, but although they frightened me, I didn`t think someone would actually kill me. Thats the good thing about being a nobody, it really lowers the incentive for others to murder you, haha.

They were just trying to scare me probably. It happened at a former job, where I made some enemies. I hit some guy in the face while working by accident (well his version of this story is different) and he got furious, he threatened only to beat me up.
Another guy at work threatened my life, after a longer period of trouble between him and me. I don`t even really know what happened, he insulted me because I wasn`t as strong as him, he was built like a bodybuilder. So I mentioned we all had our strengths and weaknesses, then after a fair assessment of his weaknesses after he as earlier mentioned analyzed mine, he got all mad. He actually kept saying he would kill me. It felt a bit unreal, but there are crazy enough people out there, he didn`t turn out to be one of them. Some people huh? Weirdos.

Oh and some other guy pulled a knife on me. Also a longer fight. He threatened long before that to throw someone in the water while we were fishing as a group. But the boy he said it to was much younger, so I told him if he would attempt it, I`d throw him in the water. After that he pretty much stalked me and always asked me to fight. So when I finally accepted he refused and sent his friend after me. He pulled that knife on me. He held it close to my throat for a while and said he could easily cut it. I don`t think I was very impressed, it made me laugh. He didn`t react to well to that, but he did stop after a while. After pulling a knife and saying something like that, it becomes impossible to pull it back and do nothing without looking like a dumbass, but thats still exactly what he did.

Pure insanity, all of it. I have many memories like this, I was an easy person to pick on. I still truly believe most of them thought it instilled some form of quiet respect for them in me. They couldn`t be more wrong. Imagine having to look back on such childhood behaviour from yourself. Being bullied isn`t an easy burden for my shoulders, but atleast I treated people with respect. More then they deserved, but so be it. Being a complete wanker to people for no other reason then being able to do it and get away with it is sad beyond words. I could never carry such a past on my shoulders.

Hmm... Probably the scariest thing ever was when I use to have bigger hallucinations. I was smaller, and it kinda scared me. I didn't tell ANYONE about them because I was a stupid little kid and thought it was normal.

Scariest thing to ever happen to me was having anxiety for about a year. It might not sound like a big deal, but to anyone who's had to deal with anxiety issues it can be awful. I worried about everything and it affected me a lot physically to the point I thought I was dying or something. I felt like no one could help me and it got so bad I had trouble leaving the house to get groceries. :c
Luckily I was able to work through it and function like a normal human being again. This year is a lot better.

Scariest thing that comes to mind would be almost having been taken out into the ocean by the current. I got pulled under over 10 feet deep, dragging my back across the rocks and sand at the bottom and I couldn't push against it enough to get out of the rolling current since I was only maybe 10 at the time and I was actually a very strong swimmer but still couldn't fight the current. I inhaled so much water and was very close to having been drowned, but my mom's boyfriend at the time noticed I disappeared from the surface and dove down to save me just in time. I swear I coughed up a good half gallon of water, which was probably was got me sick since I was in Mexico. =[

Last edited:
Back