• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite Beatles Song?

jaxdog

Bells
Switch
6234-3589-1213
Everyone has heard a Beatles song at least a few times. Their music is timeless and I can't even think of one genre that they haven't attempted doing. So what's your favorite song by the Beatles? There really are so many to choose from!

Mine would have to be Let It Be, written by Paul McCartney. I find the lyrics really beautiful and the guitar solo is kick-ass.

I'm torn between two of their songs: Hey Jude and Blackbird. I find they are both just mellow, and they put me into like a relaxing trance.

I'd say When I'm Sixty Four, followed closely by All You Need Is Love and Come Together. I also like Octopus's Garden. It's actually really hard to choose...

I always liked 'Help!'. I'm not the biggest Beatles fan but I just really like that song.

And 'Eleanor Rigby', though I've always prefered this cover of it personally. That cover is what made me give the Beatles a try in the first place and I was surprised by how similar it was to that cover since I was expecting 100% less 'punch' (if you get what I mean).

Their music is timeless and I can't even think of one genre that they haven't attempted doing.

They never tried Death Metal...Or neo-classical...Or chiptune.

Blackbird & Let it be was always my favorites, but I basically love them all.

Last edited:
I always liked 'Help!'. I'm not the biggest Beatles fan but I just really like that song.

And 'Eleanor Rigby', though I've always prefered this cover of it personally. That cover is what made me give the Beatles a try in the first place and I was surprised by how similar it was to that cover since I was expecting 100% less 'punch' (if you get what I mean).

They never tried Death Metal...Or neo-classical...Or chiptune.

I think I've actually heard that cover before. However, I'm not the biggest heavy rock/metal fan so I'd have to side with the original personally.

Also, one could argue that Helter Skelter was bordering on metal. Sure, it's not really death metal, but at the time it was pretty hard. As for classical, there are classical elements in many beatles songs such as Eleanor Rigby and The Long And Winding Road. A lot of the stuff that Phil Spector did for the beatles has a classical feel to it. As for chiptune, you got me here. However, I love listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl9AFpwYku0&ab_channel=8BitFanboy LOL

Hard to decide between "If I Needed Someone","I Don't Want to Spoil The Party" and this one:

"Rain"

I like most of them. Across the Universe was the movie that was playing when my first dog died though, so sometimes that song is hard to listen to.

I really love Blackbird, I Am The Walrus, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, and Here Comes The Sun.

Revolution is my all time favorite, followed by You've Got To Hide Your Love Away and Let It Be

Blackbird, Seargent Pepper, Maxwell's Silver Hammer (I forgot the actual name lol), Fool on the Hill, Magical Mystery Tour.

I grew up on the Beatle's. I've heard all of their songs. Every Sunday I'd listen to Beatle Brunch with my parents as we rode out to my grandparents... good memories. I really didn't listen to any modern pop music until I was 6 or 7. I grew up on the "oldies". The Beatles were always my favorite.

Blackbird, While my Guitar gently weeps, and Lucy in the sky with diamonds are some of my favorites.

with a little help from my friends, if I had to choose one

eleanor rigby is a close second though, that was always my favourite when I was a kid

Back