• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

[Important!] Dreamtown Stealing!!!

Muffie

The Mini Brewstoid C:
Bells
I don't know if I'm of the first to post this or not (if I am saying the same stuff from another thread please let me know) but, I want to make this something known here, too, considering that this has been spreading like a wild fire on Tumblr.

Some people have found a way to basically copy a dreamtown and all it has in it into their own town

I don't know how this should be handled and you people of this forum might not be so accepting to hacks. I respect that, but I just want this information to be known by you guys so that you are aware and you can take action if needed.

If you see someone having an identical town to someone's you may know, try to tell that person so they're not left in the dark about it. They're the ones who should know first and foremost that their own town is being copied.

I don't really find myself a commoner on these forums but I think it should be a thing that if someone here is caught doing this that they should be banned. It's wrong.

THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER ONE where people are making it so that they can post whatever as a TPC photo, which can lead to innapropriate doings such as nudity or other vile images. With this you might think "oh not as bad." but think about it...

If Nintendo catches on that people are doing this, they will disable ACNL's wifi. Just like with Swapnote... lets not do that, PLEASE.

source: http://delia-song.tumblr.com/post/115067847562/hacking-abuse-about-stealing-dream-towns-and

Last edited:
So is it that they just copy what your town looks like or do they literally steal all your things?

Oh, Someone on my fc book posted the program yesterday
It allows you to edit your town basically if you have a old version of the DS
You can move villager houses/ unlimited bushed move rocks and plaze/retail, change tpc picture. ETC
I think you might be able to change your villagers but idk.

it's stealing intellectual property. it sounds like the hacker would be able to copy what they have seen in the dream unto their own copy of the game.

Well, my town is nothing special so I don't really mind. I'm confused about how that is bad though. The TPC thing I understand, that sounds not too good, but people tend to "copy" dream towns all the time. Do you mean like, the items too? Or what exactly?

If Nintendo catches on that people are doing this, they will disable ACNL's wifi. Just like with Swapnote... lets not do that, PLEASE.

source: http://delia-song.tumblr.com/post/115067847562/hacking-abuse-about-stealing-dream-towns-and

Back in Wild World, people drew penises on Blanca's face.

I doubt they'll shut down the wifi

- - - Post Merge - - -

that's not cool at all... it's literally like theft

Is the victim affected at all?

No. It's a scummy thing to do to copy someone's town, sure, but is it theft? No.

Oh, Someone on my fc book posted the program yesterday
It allows you to edit your town basically if you have a old version of the DS
You can move villager houses/ unlimited bushed move rocks and plaze/retail, change tpc picture. ETC
I think you might be able to change your villagers but idk.

I know of it, and I'll admit to using it but those are the okay things, the bad things are what I posted. :/

they copy your layout block for block, basically.

Ohhh. Well good thing neither of my towns are worth stealing. In fact I'd probably be honored if someone thought my garbage towns were good enough to copy lol

Isn't this thread just going to alert people that it's possible to do those things? I don't think this thread is going to convince people who want to gross out others with their TPC to stop grossing out others.

So is it that they just copy what your town looks like or do they literally steal all your things?
It's just a copy of the town. The only town that's gone forever is the visitor's.

Shutting down the Wi-Fi hurts more people than this does. These games are meant to be played with others.

Honestly, Nintendo needs to include some of these features in the next game.

Isn't this thread just going to alert people that it's possible to do those things? I don't think this thread is going to convince people who want to gross out others with their TPC to stop grossing out others.

I just wanted people to be aware so that they could maybe acknowledge when these things are being used and take action.

It's like when people make awarenesses of like poison in halloween candy, it makes you aware that it's possible to do but it helps people be aware that it's happening and keep a closer eye out on the kids, yknow? (granted that's more of an extreme case ik but just an example.)

Back