[Important!] Dreamtown Stealing!!!

Shutting down the Wi-Fi hurts more people than this does. These games are meant to be played with others.

if u actually think nintendo are going to shut down wifi because of this then i-g-g-bye

I wanna know how someone copies another town. It seems impossible.

Honestly you could copy someone's town -without- hacking, it just takes a lot, lot more time. If they have their patterns available to dreamers, all you have to do is use them in the same way then work on getting the same villagers, pwps, flowers/bushes/trees, etc. Copying someone isn't always hacking, just most people are too lazy to do the work to copy someone manually which is why you never hear of it.

Honestly you could copy someone's town -without- hacking, it just takes a lot, lot more time. If they have their patterns available to dreamers, all you have to do is use them in the same way then work on getting the same villagers, pwps, flowers/bushes/trees, etc. Copying someone isn't always hacking, just most people are too lazy to do the work to copy someone manually which is why you never hear of it.

But according to the post, the hacker does it pixel-for-pixel. Meaning everything is the exact same, you literally take a copy of the person's town and paste it into your town, making it your own. I'm just curious. Do they steal your dream address somehow? It just seems so weird..

But according to the post, the hacker does it pixel-for-pixel. Meaning everything is the exact same, you literally take a copy of the person's town and paste it into your town, making it your own. I'm just curious. Do they steal your dream address somehow? It just seems so weird..

It's just a hack that was found out but it's being kept confidential by a lot of decent people who don't want plagiarists/leeches...

- - - Post Merge - - -

what's so bad about iggy

does she hack too

why else do you think her crappy albums win awards

It's just a hack that was found out but it's being kept confidential by a lot of decent people who don't want plagiarists/leeches...

- - - Post Merge - - -

well she's better than beyonce

Ah yes, this is all caused by the hacking tools. Amazing, but can be abused as any tool can.

Honestly I've used the tool myself for getting the Japanese items and move some of my buildings around (and it's a [little] complicated to use), but there's an entire thread dedicated to this tool and a few people within the thread have decided to at one point steal dream towns.

Last edited by a moderator:

the real question here is why are you insulting an artists album as a means to try defend your point of nintendo potentially shutting down wifi??

the real question here is why are you insulting an artists album as a means to try defend your point of nintendo potentially shutting down wifi??

i was just making a joke... lol I'm not trying to put threats out but I was just saying it was a potential thing that could happen. They did it with Swapnote, yknow.

i was just making a joke... lol I'm not trying to put threats out but I was just saying it was a potential thing that could happen. They did it with Swapnote, yknow.

Swapnote is a drop in the bucket compared to ACNL. Do you honestly think that Nintendo would shut down Wi-Fi over this? Because that's quite frankly a naive thought to have. Shutting down the Wi-Fi for a game that has a thriving online community would be pretty bad idea for Nintendo.

That, and the fact that if people were copying each other's towns, I doubt they'd shut down Wi-Fi over that because I don't think they care.

because pedo's were taking pics of their junk and then sending it to randoms they met online or would take pics of their junk and then sell their 3DS to surprise the next person who bought it......

this is completely different. online is accountable for the majority's of AC's replayability so shutting down wifi for the game would be the stupidest thing they could do, and not to mention the original "source" (i mean its tumblr what even) says they'll put out an update, which will prevent hacking, and you need to do the update in order to use online features. it says absolutely nothing about shutting down the wifi permanently like u tried to make out in the first post

if u wanna hack there's good and bad and u gotta deal with the consequences so i dont really have any sympathy

Swapnote is a drop in the bucket compared to ACNL. Do you honestly think that Nintendo would shut down Wi-Fi over this? Because that's quite frankly a naive thought to have. Shutting down the Wi-Fi for a game that has a thriving online community would be pretty bad idea for Nintendo.

That, and the fact that if people were copying each other's towns, I doubt they'd shut down Wi-Fi over that because I don't think they care.

This is actually true.

Nintendo doesn't actually give any care or sometimes notice to any stealing going on in a major community.

Flipnote was(and still is) a good example of this.

I... wasn't trying to put a threat on it or claim I was 100% correct in predicting the future... |D I was just saying it as a POTENTIAL POSSIBILITY. so just stop nitpicking me on that one thing. good lord.

I... wasn't trying to put a threat on it or claim I was 100% correct in predicting the future... |D I was just saying it as a POTENTIAL POSSIBILITY. so just stop nitpicking me on that one thing. good lord.

And we're just saying why it's not even a potential possibility.

Also guys, as someone with knowledge of how all of this stealing is happening, I can tell you that these things only work with people who haven't upgraded their 3DS systems past version 9.5.0-22.

So don't worry too much, this isn't a hack that's able to spread too much as I'm sure the majority of the people who have 3DS systems update them whenever there's an update available.

Last edited:
And we're just saying why it's not even a potential possibility.

preach

im p sure ninty r more concerned about ppl who are doing it with the intent to brick other ppls games than ppl who are doing it to steal dream towns

Also guys, as someone with knowledge of how all of this stealing is happening, I can tell you that these things only work with people who haven't upgraded their 3DS systems past version 9.5.0-22.

So don't worry too much, this isn't a hack that's able to spread too much as I'm sure the majority of the people who have 3DS systems update them whenever there's an update available.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it becoming a HUGE thing, but I'm just making sure people are aware of this as a thing-thing.

I do have a 3ds thats below that amount that I do use for hacking tools (general just housemoving and getting more flowers/clovers to plant around) and it doesn't force you to update but by the time the tool came out a lot of people already upgraded their system to the version that patches the browser exploit. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
im p sure ninty r more concerned about ppl who are doing it with the intent to brick other ppls games than ppl who are doing it to steal dream towns

Luckily it's practically impossible to connect to another game when you're a couple versions down from them and it's impossible to push the home button to get to the browser while you're in another town. I was just posting this to raise awareness that it's a thing, not to say omg Nintendo notice this lol

Back