• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Species you like irl but dislike ingame?

Lualdara

nocturnal poetry
Bells
For me that'd be definitely lions. I love them but the animal crossing lion model just looks so bad imo, I wish they looked more like the tigers. Also rabbits on a lesser degree, I'm not too fond of their model although I do like some rabbit villagers!

Oh yeah, I definitely agree, lions. They're not very attractive. I don't really like the tigers IG either. :/

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of rhinos IRL, but I think Merengue is the cutest.

The tigers look off.... it takes away from their in real life swag

Tigers. I hate how the tigers loon ingame, but I like them irl

I love all animals in real life dearly, but some high missed marks imo are the cats, they always have ugly faces. The Lions/tigers, cows, frogs, gorillas, octopi (oh god the hate) but they look like hair dryers to me, and the rabbits.

Tigers and alligators. I live in FL and think that alligators are adorable, but when I see them in-game I think they look more like fat iguanas or something.

I don't dislike any species in the game since the individual design of a villager counts more, but the way dogs are shaped in the game is so weird. Mice too because their heads seem as big as their bodies. I like the cat design but their ears are just too triangular. I like villagers from those species, though. It's just the way they've shaped them in the game that seems weird.

I love rabbits irl, but the rabbits in the game are just kinda weird. Also cats to some degree, since some of them are kind of strange(but I love Rosie and Tangy).

I love rabbits irl, but the rabbits in the game are just kinda weird. Also cats to some degree, since some of them are kind of strange(but I love Rosie and Tangy).

I forgot the rabbits in the game! I hate the way they've shaped their faces and ears. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also forgot to say that I like all the species I've mentioned irl.

Joining the chorus of people saying tigers and lions are pretty weird-looking ingame, despite being amazing IRL.

I think mice are cute as hell but all the mouse villagers look kinda icky to me. Dunno what it is about them... just not a fan though.

I'm not particularly fond of the gorillas and monkeys in game, even though I love them to death in real life. Mice are weird too, I think they'd be cuter if their ears weren't so big. Rabbits ears are kinda weird too, they just stand right up. I also wish the dogs had more variations.

Normally I think Hippos are absolutely adorable....but AC hippos....not so much.

I agree with the above also...the tigers are kinda...odd. I want to like them, I really do, but I just don't. Lol.

Definitely the tigers, the mice, the monkeys and the bears. All of them are generally pretty atrocious (and the tigers imho are a real tragedy because they had so much potential!) just on a basic design levels. Some of the more themed bears and mice are okay, but it looks as though a good majority of them are the ugliest villagers lmao.
I also have issues with just how big the mouths on the wolves are, but heck, I guess everything can't be perfect P:

That's the main thing that bothers me about the wolves! Their mouths are absolutely huge, good lord.

A lot of the villagers look like bad drawing a kid would make instead of what they should be like.

Back