• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

also apparently you can now buy skills from units?????

well i suppose this will be great for nohr since theres no grinding allowed (unless u buy dlc i think??) so nice.. but the way to get skills seems annoying

ALSO I SPOILED MYSELF A BIT FOR THE GAME BUT
WHY DOES ELISE TAKE THE HIT FOR YOU WHY WHY WHY WHY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

well i suppose this will be great for nohr since theres no grinding allowed (unless u buy dlc i think??) so nice.. but the way to get skills seems annoying

WHY DOES ELISE TAKE THE HIT FOR YOU WHY WHY WHY WHY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OMG IKR!
And to make it worse..
Marx-onii-san has to die as well. ;-;

I had this spoiled for me on a youtube title, after looking for the OST. I kept getting related videos. 8(

So, I'm thinking of buying this game soon. I've never played any other Fire Emblem game. Is it like Bravely Default/Second where I need to play the first one beforehand, or can I play this one without any background knowledge?

So, I'm thinking of buying this game soon. I've never played any other Fire Emblem game. Is it like Bravely Default/Second where I need to play the first one beforehand, or can I play this one without any background knowledge?

The game will be out in 2016 which is still months away, so you can wait till the game is actually released here before making a decision (unless you're planning on buying the japanese copy?)

The story in Fire Emblem Fates is standalone so it's fine starting with this, you don't need to play the other games unless you want to, but older Fire Emblems fans do recommend the older games in the series. So to answer your question, yes, you can play this without having background knowledge about the series.

The developer actually designed Hoshido version (Birthright) for new players, but if you're up for challenge or are used with tactical/strategy games, then Nohr version (Conquest) might be the one for you.

The game will be out in 2016 which is still months away, so you can wait till the game is actually released here before making a decision (unless you're planning on buying the japanese copy?)

The story in Fire Emblem Fates is standalone so it's fine starting with this, you don't need to play the other games unless you want to, but older Fire Emblems fans do recommend the older games in the series. So to answer your question, yes, you can play this without having background knowledge about the series.

The developer actually designed Hoshido version (Birthright) for new players, but if you're up for challenge or are used with tactical/strategy games, then Nohr version (Conquest) might be the one for you.

Yeah, I'll be getting the Japanese version. I'm not exactly great at strategy games, but I do want to give it a try so I might pick up the Birthright version then. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, I'll be getting the Japanese version. I'm not exactly great at strategy games, but I do want to give it a try so I might pick up the Birthright version then. Thanks for the info!
You're welcome! I forgot to mention that the game has Phoenix mode where the characters revive after a turn, so picking Nohr/Anya won't hurt. Based on people's impression, which version you want to get seems to heavily depended on which side has the most characters that you like? You can check out their profile on the main website here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/index.html You could also get the third path DLC which has characters from both side, but I'm not sure if the option is available on the start (At least not in hard copy as there are only two versions for those, but digital copy let you play up to chapter 6 and pick a side afterwards)

I'm personally planning to get all three and starting with Hoshido/Byakuya to familiarize myself before jumping to Nohr, but if you're only getting one copy, then you'd have a few things to consider :(

wait so there's gonna be 2 different physical versions of the game? like pokemon black and white? and the third route is a paid DLC? sorry i don't really read much about this yet since i really don't want to be spoiled about anything..

You're welcome! I forgot to mention that the game has Phoenix mode where the characters revive after a turn, so picking Nohr/Anya won't hurt. Based on people's impression, which version you want to get seems to heavily depended on which side has the most characters that you like? You can check out their profile on the main website here: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/index.html You could also get the third path DLC which has characters from both side, but I'm not sure if the option is available on the start (At least not in hard copy as there are only two versions for those, but digital copy let you play up to chapter 6 and pick a side afterwards)

I'm personally planning to get all three and starting with Hoshido/Byakuya to familiarize myself before jumping to Nohr, but if you're only getting one copy, then you'd have a few things to consider :(

Oh, lots to think about for sure! If I get it, I think I might go with the digital version then, since I don't have any preference character-wise, and I can always buy the other version's hard copy later.

wait so there's gonna be 2 different physical versions of the game? like pokemon black and white? and the third route is a paid DLC? sorry i don't really read much about this yet since i really don't want to be spoiled about anything..
Yeah, that's right. I was hoping they'd combine both versions since it's possible with the Special Edition copy (two routes in one cartridge) but it seems the NA version is split too. I hope we get the Special Edition as well :(

Oh, lots to think about for sure! If I get it, I think I might go with the digital version then, since I don't have any preference character-wise, and I can always buy the other version's hard copy later.
You can get the other path that you didn't choose as DLC at ?2000 :D

Yeah, that's right. I was hoping they'd combine both versions since it's possible with the Special Edition copy (two routes in one cartridge) but it seems the NA version is split too. I hope we get the Special Edition as well :(

You can get the other path that you didn't choose as DLC at ?2000 :D

also each path has the content of awakening without dlc essentially so its definitely worth it if you enjoy fire emblem

tho if ur not used to older fe games, try hoshido first. hoshido is like awakening, nohr is more alike to the older games where you cant stop and theres limited exp/grinding etc..

- - - Post Merge - - -

hoshido still ****s me up though its more sad than nohr imo

So DLCs are being released every few weeks, it seems. More information here: http://greenclosed.tumblr.com/post/124814987693/fire-emblem-if-dlc-information-just-my-own Three DLCs are already released (Awakening, Paradise, EXP grinding map)

Playthrough of the Encounter with Awakening DLC are here:

The ending ;_;
The conversations with the Awakening characters are translated here (under Awakening DLC): http://pastebin.com/u/feifsupports

And Paradise Competition here:

This map seems hard since you only have 3 units to control and the other royal siblings + their retainers to beat. This player picked Takumi as their side. Translations for this DLC are here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=56151 You can view the CGs from this DLC here: http://marxryouma.tumblr.com/post/122595703372

And something to note from the Invisible Kingdom DLC...
tumblr_nry9hpoKq31uydz1xo1_400.jpg

Hydra/Anankos's human form? And he called the Awakening children with their real names here.

Oh, and you can grab some twitter icons on the main site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/twitter_icon/index.html

Last edited:
This thread needs to be bumped, especially when this game is still ranked #3 on GameFAQs 3DS Board at the time of writing the message. I've got some more juicy tidbits about the game.

Some DLC chapters in Fates not only opt for predetermined character stats, but also limits you on which character you could choose from. If you're army isn't leveled properly, worry no more! These missions are more focused about properly deploying your strategies than the main campaign would.

I don't have a source link this time around, as I don't remember where I actually found that information.

Last edited:
It's nice that it won't be easy to grind your characters to make them OP, it will make it much more challenging.

I'd like to see someone as challenging as Radiant Dawn hard mode since u can skip turns n such because it would be the challenge without the long waiting times

i got fe awakening and beat it in one day like a few days ago. i rly loved it and i plan on getting this game too, but for some reason everyones telling me its gonna be bad? usually i dont care but im actually curious as to y people are saying that. i dont wanna look it up for spoilers tho

i got fe awakening and beat it in one day like a few days ago. i rly loved it and i plan on getting this game too, but for some reason everyones telling me its gonna be bad? usually i dont care but im actually curious as to y people are saying that. i dont wanna look it up for spoilers tho

The games out in Japan and it's definitely not bad, and I haven't heard anyone say that it is so far.

Back