• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Games You Regret Buying

Umm no? I pressed whatever not advanced still can't get first that blue rock thing lol

Look, I was just trying to help. Sorry.

hold this and that for this attack or you will be KO'd

The way you worded it, it sounded like a flash guard. If you are having problems with a boss, like all RPG games, you can just go grind a level or two until you can beat it. I died at the first boss as well when I first started playing Celceta.

Last edited:
Not that.. Level shouldn't be a problem tbh.. It's just the button combination it's like a fighting game ffs.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was referring to that boss where you should aim only for the body..Aldovoss. But yeah.

Fable on the Xbox, that game was one horrible experience....

Tomodachi Life I think is the only 3DS game I regret buying. On other platforms there's been quite a few over the years.

Last edited:
Tomodachi Life is pretty much the only game I regret buying. While seeing your Miis acting and doing silly were appealing, the rest of the game is pretty much shallow in terms of content. A week or two will be usually enough to bore me. Definitely not worth $35, let alone 4,980 yen (around $50) for the Japanese version I own.

eh i still enjoy all of the games i have bought ;w; i mean, i rarely play tomodachi life now i've had it for so long omg but i don't regret buying it bc i've done some pretty hilarious things on there :cool: i mean, i guess i regret buying some in-game tf2 items bc like tbh having that cosmetic is cool, but i could have used that money for more meaningful things~ i also sorta regret buying a 2DS instead of waiting a few more weeks and buying an XL sigh...

Super Smash Bros for 3ds
I hardly touch it and I could've used the money to buy Fire Emblem Awakening instead *face palm*

"Deponia" (and it was not only via Steam, but also on sale so I can't get my money back). Granted, I did get it during a sale for much cheaper than its current price, but it was the worst point-and-click puzzle game I ever had the displeasure to play.

Also on Steam (and also on sale), "Reus". It was interesting at first, and reminded me a little of Sim City, but I didn't like having to start over every single time a new era began.

Another game I waited for a sale on was "Hometown Story"...and I wish I could return it. Alas, I got it through the eShop, so that's another $10 I'm never getting back.

Despite my love for the pokemon franchise, I wish I had saved my money instead of getting "White 2" (at least I didn't pay full retail for this game, either, since I got it as part of a game trade-in). I got bored with it after the first gym, and even running through it with a blindlocke didn't make it more fun/interesting.

There was an old YuGiOH game for the Gameboy Color I can't remember the name of which was pretty much money down the toilet, too.

Cloudberry Kingdom, Iddle Dew, Teslagrad, all on WiiU, all yawnsome. I also regretted MH3U but I sold that back so whatever.

Smash 3DS...Aside from me not touching it at all since I got the Wii U version (and will likely never touch it again), I could have also used the money for Braverly Default or Fire Emblem Awakening instead.
I get a free Mewtwo DLC and soundtrack from Club Nintendo for owning both versions...But honestly, I would rather have just paid the minimal price they'll end up selling Mewtwo for, and I only want the soundtrack because I'm already eligible for it...I wouldn't care otherwise.

Monster Hunter 3U 3DS again, simply because I've not touched it since owning the Wii U version and likely never will.

I want to say Final Fantasy XIII series but as I own all the other main series games, I would have bought these even if they were blank discs covered in urine (rather than them just being flat out disappointing).

I've had many other regrettable purchases over the years but I tend to sell them shortly after and forget about them forever, unless they're a sequel to a series I otherwise love. I've only had those 3 games (Lightning Returns being the 3rd) this year that I regret...But still own them because of 'collector reasons'.

Mario Kart 7 as I only played it once before I wound up getting a Wii U and then Mario Kart 8, which I like a whole lot better.

Oh and Super Street Fighter IV for 3DS. I like the game but I never ever play it cause I don't like it much on a handheld, and plus I think I paid a bit too much for it at $40.

Last edited:
It hurts me to say, but I regret buying Injustice. I was so excited for it, and had some fun for a bit, but now it just collects dust. Boooooooooo.

For some reason I thought buying the sims 3 for the 3ds was a good idea.
it isn't.

Back