• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

(Help) Climate Change - Your Thoughts?

What do you think is happening to our climate?

• Total voters

Princess Weeb

What's 1,000 minus 7?
Bells
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Dusty Scroll
Okay so I need to complete a statistics assessment/coursework sometime soon on climate, and I thought it might be useful to ask people on here as you're all of varied ages and in different parts of the world. (Even if the response is minimal ahah)

So do you think that the climate is, on average, changing, from your experience? Do you think it is getting hotter, colder or nothing is changing?
Just to make that a little more descriptive, vote based on things you have literally experienced in your country, things you have read and been told etc)
This is based more on global temperatures more than the actual effect of climate change (like freak weather - tornadoes/hurricanes etc) but some people believe in global warming, others in global cooling, and some think nothing is happening at all.

Last edited:
Yes, it's definitely getting hotter from what I've been noticing. This past Summer, in the state I live in, it broke the record for being so hot. It hasn't been this hot since around 1996. It went up to around 96-99 degrees. I don't know, I just notice every year it feels more hot.

Last edited:
hard to tell really.

i mean yes i believe climate change exists, but any more than that, i cant really say whether its been getting hotter or not.

i've only been alive 19 years, so thats only 19 years of temperature ive been able to assess, and lets be real, 19 years isnt that long a time when assessing something like temperature change over time. like last year, where i live we had a not that hot summer, but the year before it was so ****ing hot. so if climate change was a drastic thing then it should be getting a lot hotter the next year instead of getting cooler

looking at statistics from other people, yes it has been getting hotter, but from my own personal experience, i can't really say yes or no, as i don't have anything to back up whether the change is actually due to climate change or simply just because there was other variables in the weather making the temperature feeling cooler/hotter.

basically my answer on the poll would be "i believe it's getting hotter but i haven't really noticed it myself"

hard to tell really.

i mean yes i believe climate change exists, but any more than that, i cant really say whether its been getting hotter or not.

i've only been alive 19 years, so thats only 19 years of temperature ive been able to assess, and lets be real, 19 years isnt that long a time when assessing something like temperature change over time. like last year, where i live we had a not that hot summer, but the year before it was so ****ing hot. so if climate change was a drastic thing then it should be getting a lot hotter the next year instead of getting cooler

looking at statistics from other people, yes it has been getting hotter, but from my own personal experience, i can't really say yes or no, as i don't have anything to back up whether the change is actually due to climate change or simply just because there was other variables in the weather making the temperature feeling cooler/hotter.

basically my answer on the poll would be "i believe it's getting hotter but i haven't really noticed it myself"
Jake doesn't care as long as the boys are getting hotter. ;)

I have to agree though. I've been alive for four years less than that, and I don't think I can really say whether it's changed from my own personal experience or not. I've noticed the weather (causing floods and natural disasters) freakishly changing in Britain over the past few years, and it's been pointed out in places like the news. Temperature is something I don't really pay much attention to though.

Although if I had to choose one, then I'd say it's getting hotter slightly.

Last edited:
I remember winters with thick coats of snow. We haven't had those in years now.

Same </3

Thank you for voting guys it helps a lot <3
I know the question/choices are very blunt but unfortunately that's what it seems mark schemes require ahah

its getting hotter no question

I remember when I was able to walk home from school as a kid where I used to live perfectly fine no problem

now I'm basically sweating like crazy within a minute of being outside while over there

Last edited:
Your poll should have more options, because climate change is possibly making more drastic weather changes (like hurricanes and stuff), so not either hotter or colder
But it's obvious that the ice is melting

You should all really research how climate change actually works. To keep it short and simple, there are some places where it gets warmer by approximately 1 degree Celsius, and some places where it's gotten colder by approximately 1 degree Celsius.

I'm pretty sure most people are fully aware of how it works, this is just asking whether people think there is an obvious difference to them and where they live in the bluntest/most simple way ahah

- - - Post Merge - - -

Your poll should have more options, because climate change is possibly making more drastic weather changes (like hurricanes and stuff), so not either hotter or colder
But it's obvious that the ice is melting

KEEPING IT SIMPLE YO
I get it tho ahah

Last edited:
It was cold yesterday, and it's even more colder today.

I'm surprised that snow didn't show up yet.

i feel like winters are getting wayy colder here. i'm in massachusetts and theyve always been cold, but lately i feel like they're more bitter than they were before...however, i feel like we aren't getting as much snow as we used to. :c

summers are, eh, whatever. they're hot, but they're usually pretty rainy, and i don't feel much of a difference.

Climate change isnt just hotter or colder. When it comes down to it, its more of the weather becomes more extreme. More violent hurricanes, etc

- - - Post Merge - - -

You should all really research how climate change actually works. To keep it short and simple, there are some places where it gets warmer by approximately 1 degree Celsius, and some places where it's gotten colder by approximately 1 degree Celsius.

Your point being?

A lot of people have this misconception of weather being climate.

Climate is the long term average of weather over a period of time. Scientists must have at least 30-50 years of data to compare and see a difference in climate. So just because there was a snow storm one year doesn't necessarily mean the climate is getting colder.

On an average scale of the past 60 years, we can clearly see that climate is changing, and that humans are contributing to the cause. The fact that we emit so much Co2 has really sped up the whole global warming process.

A lot of people have this misconception of weather being climate.

Climate is the long term average of weather over a period of time. Scientists must have at least 30-50 years of data to compare and see a difference in climate. So just because there was a snow storm one year doesn't necessarily mean the climate is getting colder.

On an average scale of the past 60 years, we can clearly see that climate is changing, and that humans are contributing to the cause. The fact that we emit so much Co2 has really sped up the whole global warming process.

Yeah, this sums up what I was going to say. ^

Maybe if you and the other people arguing the same stuff get some reading skills.

literally tho <3

anyway idk bumping this up
It really didn't need people screaming at each other about the same thing multiple times but yaknow :")

Back