• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Disturbing moments in childern shows/movies? [Come at your own risk]

3 words and a number: Shrek 2 Technical Goofs

Last edited:
518.jpg

THIS!
But yeah honestly the "weird" things in cartoon are what make them so fun IMO, like Flapjack and Courage for sure had a ton of creepy af stuff going on in them but that's why I ended up as the weirdo I am.

But yeah honestly the "weird" things in cartoon are what make them so fun IMO, like Flapjack and Courage for sure had a ton of creepy af stuff going on in them but that's why I ended up as the weirdo I am.

Yeah Flapjack was definitely messed up and it was hilarious because of it

I HATE THE LAST TOM AND JERRY EPISODE

Also idk what Cartoon Network were thinking with the carpet eating biker gang, it's not creepy but it makes me laugh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Sea Lion from Pingu. That thing was so creepy the episode ended up being censored.

I had a friend who was petrified of the sea lion from Pingu and it has tainted his view of sea lions for the rest of his life. I don't blame him either, who decided to give that thing teeth?
latest

I know it isn't a TV show but Happy Tree Friends is disturbing. I came across it when I was a kid and gave it a watch cause it looked really cute.

How wrong I was.

OMG! You just made me re-live my nightmare D:

Think with the mind of a 3-4 year old (it's how old is was at the time) and Google the walrus episode from pengu the penguin. That is the stuff of nightmares...

Poor pengu, you will never be the same again :(

EDIT: Why did you make me watch this again D:

Lol didn't realise someone already posted this ^-^

g29uKhH.jpg

Last edited:
In Tom and Jerry, I don't really remember the episode, but when Tom looks at the camera and just says "don't you believe it" in a really weird voice. I found that really 'off' as a kid.

I HATE THE LAST TOM AND JERRY EPISODE

I assume you mean the one where Tom and Jerry are depressed and sit on the train tracks, then the episode just ends implying they killed themselves?

Also idk what Cartoon Network were thinking with the carpet eating biker gang, it's not creepy but it makes me laugh.

That was Cow & Chicken. The biker gang were the 'Buffalo Gals'. They would come in your house and munch your rugs.

There was also the episode of Dexters Lab/Dial 'M' for Monkey with the Silver Spooner, who was an over the top gay stereotype...And Krunk got drunk.

And an episode of Dexters Lab where Dexter and Deedee swear a lot, but it's beeped out every time they swear (so I remember) even though it was obviously 'the F bomb'...Kind of like that one Spongebob episode, so I don't know why the Dexter one was banned when the Spongebob one wasn't.

There was also unsurprisingly a Johnny Bravo episode with something that wouldn't pass today either, but I can't remember what that was.

The SpongeBob episode Spy Buddies had an "bad" joke when the red blimp shows up. I love the episode though.

This used to freak me out really bad and give me nightmares when I was younger, but I still loved it. I was always a little horror junkie, still am.

tons of stuff in Courage, the tom and jerry one always made me sad too.

I also found that a lot of episodes of certain things gave me the creeps too, as an adult.

-The episode of Wild Thornberrys where Eliza gets lost in the woods and is haunted by the Maasai legend of the lost little girl

-several episodes of rugrats, including the one with the monster under chucky's bed, tommy getting kidnapped by mobsters, chuckie dreaming about being executed on the toilet, and the time there was A DEAD BODY IN THE DEAD LETTER OFFICE
rugrats-tommy-post-office1.png

-The episodes of Hey Arnold with The Ghost Train, The Headless Cabby, The Ghost Bride, and Four Eyed Jack. These always creeped me out as a kid, mostly because at the end of the episode, the legends all turned out to be true, which creeped me the eck out. not to mention:
haghost09.jpg
3wy2wJc.png
latest

I'm sure i could think of others as well, but those are the most prominent examples i can think of

this definitely isn't a children's movie, but i saw this movie as a child so i'm posting it here anyway...

watership down.
everything about this movie was absolutely terrifying to six year old me
i remember there being so much blood in this movie, i have absolutely no idea how or why they were allowed this show this at a daycare

adventure time

idk how much the series has changed since i tuned out but that show was my childhood i watched every single episode when it aired! its so weird to think about how old it is now it makes me sad its popularity went down. i had soooo much adventure time merch my life revolved around that show ****. definitely was the inspo to many shows that are on tv now (clarence, steven universe, mighty magisword, etc). and they all are doing a great job honestly a lot of cartoon network shows are very strange! disney tried doing this with a lot of shows but almost every single cartoon show they tried failed besides gravity falls ironically (falls? get it?). disney is ****. cartoon network is god.

adventure time

idk how much the series has changed since i tuned out but that show was my childhood i watched every single episode when it aired! its so weird to think about how old it is now it makes me sad its popularity went down. i had soooo much adventure time merch my life revolved around that show ****. definitely was the inspo to many shows that are on tv now (clarence, steven universe, mighty magisword, etc). and they all are doing a great job honestly a lot of cartoon network shows are very strange! disney tried doing this with a lot of shows but almost every single cartoon show they tried failed besides gravity falls ironically (falls? get it?). disney is ****. cartoon network is god.

ZHZmWan.gif

The overly realistic/detailed weird stuff in all shows are my faves.

the episode of powerpuff girls where the professor's friend(?) came and made his own powerpuff girls scared the **** out of me, especially that scene where the real girls are trapped and the weird deformed ones are surrounding their little cube it's ugh

traumatized for life

Last edited:
Definitely not one of the creepiest moments in a kids show, but one of my favorites, was the episode of Spongebob with the ear worm or whatever. Spongebob gets an annoying song stuck in his head, due to this worm that keeps playing it over and over, inside his ear. He eventually goes ****ing bananas, and while at the Krusty Krab he has a spaz moment and he can't stop shouting the lyrics to this song and he dashes out of the restaurant on all four. Sandy and Patrick chase him home, and when they open the door to his house, they find him hanging from the ceiling singing that damn song, WITH THE LIGHTS OFF. Wtf Spongebob.

Back