Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
Easter Egg
Yellow Candy
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Cake
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
I had a cool idea for the next installment of Animal Crossing: spelunking.

There could be a cave or caves that your character could explore. Perhaps you could use your shovel to dig in certain spots for minerals, or a new tool like a pickax or something to dig in the cave walls for valuable items/collectibles. There could also be special bugs and fish that could be catchable in the caves, i.e. blind cave fish.

Your thoughts?

I like it. Could I add on?

There could be a bat NPC that gives you daily quests to do in the caves. Example: Bat NPC (Name him Harold?) gives you the task of catching 15 cave bugs, and 2 other tasks. When you complete all 3, you get a prize (Cave furniture set, minerals, etc.).

I feel like it should be on a private beach, where you'd have to swim to get there. Inside there are various rocks you can hit to get sapphires, rubies, etc. Also lots of pits with fossils, and other cool stuff.

I love these ideas! I may start a project to make a animal crossing game with caves!

Oh my gosh, I am in love with this idea. And the bat NPC idea is so cute! Somebody make them do this.

I was just about to mention that but you beat me too it! i love the harvest moon games and animal crossing and i think it would be a really cool idea!

Yeah! This is actually a really good idea because not only can this help get gemstones more easily, but it can also spawn onto newer gemstones.

Gonna add what I'd consider Newer, Rarer Gemstones under a spoiler.
Okay so I'm a huge, HUGE sucker for cyan things that glow. So why not Gemstones that can glow? Which, you can refurbish to make all refurbish-able (is that the right word for this) furniture into lamps!

(Though it's not REALLY a lamp because I don't think you could turn it off...)

What if really rare fossils that you can only find in a cave? This might be going off to far, but what if it was an online network where you mined with people online?

Kind of like Club Tortimer, but there wouldn't be the tours, so then people could just leave if they wanted, instead of doing the thing where people force people to stay on the island for money and stuff.

Caves would actually be really cute. They had them in Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times, and they were really neat. There were bugs you could only get in the cave, and there was a little water hole where you could catch fish. So this type of thing would definitely work in Animal Crossing.

When I was trying to develop an AC fangame I had a cave idea like that from the movie. In fact, there were going to be rocks inside you break open for crystals, but that already happened officially eh?

Yeeeeeeeeeesssssss... It'll be just like the movie! :D

To be honest, I thought a cave was going to be in this game. I think this because in 2010, when new photos and footage and information about this game came out, I saw a video and the person was looking closely at the map and they thought a cave was under the red bridge. I would be excited if this were in the new game.

Edit:

I think it'd be cool to have the cave on the private island and at first the cave is enclosed, and you have to get in by hitting it with a shovel/pick-axe a certain ammount of times.

Last edited:
Back