• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Legend of Korra

I watched season one when it aired, and, despite being disappointed by it, I was planning to watch season two to see if it got any better. I grew up watching ATLA, so I really wanted LOK to be good. Unfortunately, I didn't know when season two was supposed to air, and when I found out, I was in the middle of marching band season and juggling all of my classes.

Honestly? I would have liked to see the second season, but I'm not too disappointed that I didn't. I feel like there were so many mistakes in the first that it would take them a long time to rectify. I think a lot of season one's badness stems from the time constraints they were on (only 12 episodes to tell a fairly complex story) and the fact that they have so much screen time to an awkward love triangle.

That said, I've been thinking of watching the second season sometime soon. I've heard bits and pieces of what happened, and my interest is piqued.

Last edited:
I watched season one when it aired, and, despite being disappointed by it, I was planning to watch season two to see if it got any better. I grew up watching ATLA, so I really wanted LOK to be good. Unfortunately, I didn't know when season two was supposed to air, and when I found out, I was in the middle of marching band season and juggling all of my classes.

Honestly? I would have liked to see the second season, but I'm not too disappointed that I didn't. I feel like there were so many mistakes in the first that it would take them a long time to rectify. I think a lot of season one's badness stems from the time constraints they were on (only 12 episodes to tell a fairly complex story) and the fact that they have so much screen time to an awkward love triangle.

That said, I've been thinking of watching the second season sometime soon. I've heard bits and pieces of what happened, and my interest is piqued.
You should definitely watch season two! Well, if you have time of course. There's some more love triangle stuff, but not quite as much as season one I'd say. There's also a lot of character development for Korra which was really enjoyable to watch, especially on her spiritual side. I would DEFINITELY recommend season three to you though! It's been SO SO good so far, and the love triangle is relatively resolved. I hope you continue to watch <3 if you do, I'd love to here what you think!

Last edited:
You should definitely watch season two! Well, if you have time of course. There's some more love triangle stuff, but not quite as much as season one I'd say. There's also a lot of character development for Korra which was really enjoyable to watch, especially on her spiritual side. I would DEFINITELY recommend season three to you though! It's been SO SO good so far, and the love triangle is relatively resolved. I hope you continue to watch <3 if you do, I'd love to here what you think!

The part about Korra is really good to hear. I always thought that she had potential to be a great character, but they made some mistakes with her and made a lot of her character about Mako. I'd also like to hear more about Bolin and Asami, as well as Tenzin's family.

Really all I know about season two is that Korra and Mako break up, Korra loses her memory, someone names Eska is introduced, and something called Harmonic Convergence (IIRC). The good thing is that it's a relatively short season (around 12 episodes, I think), so binge watching it shouldn't be much of a problem. I might look into it later this week and let you know.

The part about Korra is really good to hear. I always thought that she had potential to be a great character, but they made some mistakes with her and made a lot of her character about Mako. I'd also like to hear more about Bolin and Asami, as well as Tenzin's family.

Really all I know about season two is that Korra and Mako break up, Korra loses her memory, someone names Eska is introduced, and something called Harmonic Convergence (IIRC). The good thing is that it's a relatively short season (around 12 episodes, I think), so binge watching it shouldn't be much of a problem. I might look into it later this week and let you know.
Awesome! Can't wait!
There's actually a lot about Tenzin's family in the season which was nice. There's not a whole lot of background on Bolin and Asami, but they have some more screen time

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but:

Did anyone else appreciate that whole scene with Zaheer and co's raid on Zao Fu? The bending was incredible and the animation really well done.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but:

Did anyone else appreciate that whole scene with Zaheer and co's raid on Zao Fu? The bending was incredible and the animation really well done.
I'm also glad to see useful guards. In shows usually they're like the 'Putties' from Power Rangers.

Last edited:

It was very cool, especially seeing the lava bending. My only wish is that Asami was more involved in the fighting. It'd be kind of hard for her I guess seeing that it was more of a long distance fight, but I always appreciate Asami action. If you can't tell, I like her a lot.. I also liked the fight earlier between Kya and Zaheer. The action this season is good

It was very cool, especially seeing the lava bending. My only wish is that Asami was more involved in the fighting. It'd be kind of hard for her I guess seeing that it was more of a long distance fight, but I always appreciate Asami action. If you can't tell, I like her a lot.. I also liked the fight earlier between Kya and Zaheer. The action this season is good

I almost think it'd be cool if Asami caught the airbending bug going around, might get her more involved in the story.

Alternatively, she should just get a boomerang.

The importance of non-benders in combat in general seems to have gone down since the first season of Legend of Korra, or even since the end of Avatar: The Last Airbender. If I have a major complaint, it would be this.

The importance of non-benders in combat in general seems to have gone down since the first season of Legend of Korra, or even since the end of Avatar: The Last Airbender. If I have a major complaint, it would be this.

It has yeah, but compared to The Last Airbender, there's no wars being fought thus no need for non-benders in the armies. While it's clear we are gearing up for a new war (Earth Queen), I don't suspect we'll be seeing non-benders being drafted.

Just watched episode 9, great to finally have some questions answer. Seen some fan theories that floated around /r/TheLastAirbender seemingly come true, cannot wait for the new few episodes. This one episode a week thing is going to kill me now.

Hey hooooo bringin this back! Anyone watch the finale? Pretty freakin' fantastic and well done in my opinion! I don't wanna spoil stuff though but hnghhguhunggnhn

The finale was amazing! The battle reminded me a little bit of when Aang faced the Fire Lord. The only thing I didn't like was that right after...it was sort of anti climatic, but I can see how they're setting up for the next season.

Also, I loved that Jinora finally got her tattoos :>

No worries: we still have at least one more season, unless there is bad news about that I missed.

Definitely loved the fighting in the finale, Korra was doing pretty good all locked up everything considered. ALSO BOLIN AND LAVABENDING YES.

Back