The Legend of Korra

Jollian

g2g fast
Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Hello, you may have seen me around the forums, but I'm Jollian and I love the Legend of Korra! Does anyone else? Or, on the same page as that, does anyone like Avatar: The Last Airbender?

They're both fabulous animated shows created by Michael Dante DiMartino and Brian Konietzko. In LOK the heroine is Korra, who is the avatar and can bend all the elements - Earth, Air, Water, and Fire (just a little background sorry)

Now, Nickelodeon is thinking of moving Korra off television to digital viewing only. Source: [x] Korra hasn't been getting enough viewers due to all the random schedule changes Nick has been forcing on the show as well as poor advertising for it. This is a major blow to the show and to its creators. On Friday 7/25 at 8PM EST, the new Korra episode will be on Nickelodeon.

I ask, no BEG, you to please have your TV tuned in at this time if you can at all. It would mean the world, this show is so important, not only to me but other fans, and little kids. This might not change things, but it's worth a shot, right? Look at Korra! A female protagonist whose super strong to boot. Nothing gets more awesome than that folks. I'm sorry if you think this is silly or something, you can just ignore this thread, but it's important to me.

Thank you for reading this, any help is very appreciated. If you promise to help maybe I'll even you draw you a crappy doodle using my trackpad on my laptop or something idk. I'll give you my left foot, just please tune in to nick at that time above!!

~Also feel free to simply discuss Korra/ATLA here as well~

Update: No more Korra on TV now after today. Thanks for nothing Nickelodeon

Update 2: Nick.com will have the new episodes of Korra posted at 12pm EST on Fridays

Last edited:
Like the idea of one commenter in the article you linked to: Netflix picking up Legend of Korra as an exclusive. Funny, somehow I feel like it'd get more exposure that way.

Last edited:
NOO! This show is fantastic! Why Nickelodeon, why? I am a big fan of the Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra. Legend of Korra is one of the very few GREAT shows on Nick D: I hope they don't follow through with canceling it :(

Like the idea of one commenter in the article you linked to: Netflix picking up Legend of Korra as an exclusive. Funny, somehow I feel like it'd get more exposure that way.
Right, but watching it on Netflix doesn't count as views of course. Maybe people just see it on Netflix and figure "Why watch it live when I can just wait a while and watch it here later"?? I hope more people watch, it needs the views D:

NOO! This show is fantastic! Why Nickelodeon, why? I am a big fan of the Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra. Legend of Korra is one of the very few GREAT shows on Nick D: I hope they don't follow through with canceling it :(
They acted similarly with Avatar: The Last Airbender, going on lengthy breaks without informing anyone of what was going on, and splitting the third season for unexplained reasons. I even read comments by people on other active message board expressing frustration with the show due to scheduling; they stopped watching. Moreover, they for some reason shied away from showing encores of the episodes, so if your schedule didn't allow, well you were just out of luck.

The creator of Invader Zim had his frustrations with Nickelodeon.

Somehow Nickelodeon has never had time to every again air As Told By Ginger, despite it being a high-production show with endearing characters and a well-developed story arc aimed at teenagers. They never even bothered airing the final episodes.

Last edited:
Yay, fellow fan! I wonder if they're going to put Book 4 on digital as well? That would stink a lot, but in the article they said it looks like Book 4 is going to be okay. I don't think people are watching Korra because they liked ATLA better which is a shame. I think it's because ATLA is a finished product while Korra is unfinished. They don't have the full picture on Korra yet and they really should get that before they compare the two.

Right, but watching it on Netflix doesn't count as views of course. Maybe people just see it on Netflix and figure "Why watch it live when I can just wait a while and watch it here later"?? I hope more people watch, it needs the views D:
But that's what is meant by Netflix exclusive: it would be aired there first. No idea about 'views;' I'm ignorant about the politics of television.

After more thought, though, Cartoon Network came to mind. They advertise their shows, have plenty of re-runs, are consistent with programming and announce well beforehand through advertising on the off-chance they change schedule.

They acted similarly with Avatar: The Last Airbender, going on lengthy breaks without informing anyone of what was going on, and breaking of the third season for unexplained reasons. I ever read comments by people on other active message board expressing frustration with the show due to scheduling; they stopped watching. Moreover, they for some reason shied away from showing encores of the episodes, so if your schedule didn't allow, well you were just out of luck.

The creator of Invader Zim had his frustrations with Nickelodeon.

Somehow Nickelodeon has never had time to every again air As Told By Ginger, despite it being a high-production show with endearing characters and a well-developed story arc aimed at teenagers. They never even bothered airing the final episodes.
Just goes to show that Nickelodeon sucks :p. I heard that in the beginning they originally didn't want to air the show because Korra was a female protagonist and they weren't expecting that, but everything was already in place and they went through with it in the end

Just goes to show that Nickelodeon sucks :p. I heard that in the beginning they originally didn't want to air the show because Korra was a female protagonist and they weren't expecting that, but everything was already in place and they went through with it in the end
I wouldn't be surprised if they had reservations because Korra is a girl. I remember that they wanted to start with a mini-series instead of a regular series because of course the guys who brought them the hard-hitting, successful Avatar: The Last Airbender should have to prove themselves first, heh.

Last edited:
But that's what is meant by Netflix exclusive: it would be aired there first. No idea about 'views;' I'm ignorant about the politics of television.

After more thought, though, Cartoon Network came to mind. They advertise their shows, have plenty of re-runs, are consistent with programming and announce well beforehand through advertising on the off-chance they change schedule.
If the creators are okay with that, it could potentially be all right I suppose to have it as a Netflix exclusive. It's just better for it to get more views on the premier of each episode so that Nick wont cancel it as of right now

- - - Post Merge - - -

TL;DR of this whole thing: Nickelodeon is full of jerks

If the creators are okay with that, it could potentially be all right I suppose to have it as a Netflix exclusive. It's just better for it to get more views on the premier of each episode so that Nick wont cancel it as of right now
Yeah, the show having to move would be bad news. Would have been better to start on another channel, I believe, thanks to the unpredictability, inconstancy, and incoherence of Nickelodeon programming support, but it's late for that now.

I was thinking Netflix could have been a good alternative fit because I have seen exclusives like Orange is the New Black and House of Cards doing extremely well there, and I also saw a new anime exclusive for Netflix: Knights of Sidonia. For Netflix to invest in an animated series (moreover one based on a Japanese comic) tells me it is not farfetched to believe they'd throw their resources at Legend of Korra, an original American cartoon, if the pitch was made to them, especially seeing as Netflix executives can already look at Avatar: The Last Airbender, the story it stems from, to see how the idea would be received by the public. (Relatedly, Netflix could look at how Nickelodeon marketed, supported, and scheduled the series to see how they could improve the popularity of the show.)

Last edited:
Yeah, the show having to move would be bad news. Would have been better to start on another channel, I believe, thanks to the unpredictability, inconstancy, and incoherence of Nickelodeon programming support, but it's late for that now.

I was thinking Netflix could have been a good alternative fit because I have seen exclusives like Orange is the New Black and House of Cards doing extremely well there as exclusives, and I also saw a new anime exclusive for Netflix: Knights of Sidonia. For Netflix to invest in an animated series (moreover one based on a Japanese comic) tells me it is not farfetched to believe they'd throw their resources at Legend of Korra, an original American cartoon, if the pitch was made to them.
Hmm yeah I agree with you. I hope something like that will happen. I kind of doubt it will, but that'd be nice!

Nick definitely doesn't seem to have any faith in shows that aren't Spongebob, that's for sure. Really disappointed when I read that they are moving (or at least Bryan's tumblr seemed to indicate) to digital only after tomorrow. Hopefully it goes up on Hulu fast enough, I can't stand Nick.com's awful video player.

i really liked last air bender, but then i watched about 20 minutes of the first ep of lok, but she just annoyed me so i didnt bother with it

Nickelodeon has been giving LoK trouble since the beginning.

I was soo upset when I heard they were moving it to digital! D: I love the show so much and it seemed Nick didn't even care for it..

I love that they made it for old Avatar fans, but I wish they ran more with the Equalist movement. It's still a kid's show and when villains die so do their ideas, which kind of sucks.

Back