The Legend of Korra

is it on tomorrow?
Yup, well today technically, it's 4am here. But yeah it's Friday @8pm EST on Nick

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nickelodeon has been giving LoK trouble since the beginning.
Ikr they keep switching up the schedules for it and they barely gave us notice when the new season came out. And they don't even show re-runs

Last edited:
I love that they made it for old Avatar fans, but I wish they ran more with the Equalist movement. It's still a kid's show and when villains die so do their ideas, which kind of sucks.

If they knew they'd get a second and third and fourth season they probably would have dragged out the Equalists a little more instead of jail or they've gone missing.

If they knew they'd get a second and third and fourth season they probably would have dragged out the Equalists a little more instead of jail or they've gone missing.
I highly doubt that. It's still a children's show at the end of the day.

I loved Varrick in today's episode, he's such a dork
And Asami's pajamas are cute where do I get them??

- - - Post Merge - - -

I highly doubt that. It's still a children's show at the end of the day.
It still has darker themes though.
Like how Tarrlock killed Noatok along with himself

- - - Post Merge - - -

i really liked last air bender, but then i watched about 20 minutes of the first ep of lok, but she just annoyed me so i didnt bother with it
Korra annoying? I love Korra <3 She's developed so much over the seasons and has really matured

You call murder-suicide a dark theme! Well, yeah, yeah, it is.

Reminds me when fans speculated that Korra may have been contemplating falling off the cliff before Avatar Aang appeared.

Last edited:
Nickelodeon is a terrible company. Just look at what they air constantly. Sponge bob got old years ago, yet they keep making it, on top of that competing with Disney channel. Saturday mornings work best.

You call murder-suicide a dark theme! Well, yeah, yeah, it is.

Reminds me when fans speculated that Korra may have been contemplating falling off the cliff before Avatar Aang appeared.
well you know, definitely darker than ATLA at least. Also they had some ~teen drama~ going on for a while ha ha
tbh I though she was going to for a split second before I came to my senses. It probably wasn't their intention to make it seem like that, but I can kinda see it

Last edited:
well you know, definitely darker than ATLA at least. Also they had some ~teen drama~ going on for a while ha ha
tbh I though she was going to for a split second before I came to my senses. It probably wasn't their intention to make it seem like that, but I can kinda see it
Let's see if I remember the scene correctly:

Yeah, it is tempting to interpret the scene as contemplated suicide because she was at her lowest moment emotionally, and only moments after she looks over the cliff, cries, and falls to her knees (as if ultimately deciding not to jump down), Avatar Aang shows up and says: 'When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.' The line gives a sense of reassurance, as if Korra made the choice not to jump, and has instead chosen to grow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Of course, how I think about the scene is colored by my interpretations, but for accuracy I was just thinking about whether she really did cry and fall to her knees after looking over the cliff.

Last edited:
Some game play was shown today at SDCC today for the bideo gaem~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36HCkUwWQHo

I wouldn't say I particularly like the series, but I keep watching so I dunno man! The only character I could say I like is Tenzin... and it kind of bothers me that all the characters seem have mommy/daddy issues (of course that was prevalent in the first Avatar series too). :rolleyes:

This hasn't been discussed so I'll just throw it out there: episodes 3,4, and 5 of this season were leaked before the season premier had even been announced (the episodes were in Spanish but people made subtitles quickly). The viewership has been steadily going down even without that oopsie though.

I watched season one of LoK but I just lost interest in keeping up on the updates about the second season being released, so I pretty much forgot all about it. I haven't watched it yet and I most likely won't due to laziness. I much preferred TLA though.

i lost interest in korra after the disappointing season 1 finale. haven't watched any other episodes after that but i might someday. also i don't have nick on my t.v. so i can't watch it there :(

Let's see if I remember the scene correctly:

Yeah, it is tempting to interpret the scene as contemplated suicide because she was at her lowest moment emotionally, and only moments after she looks over the cliff, cries, and falls to her knees (as if ultimately deciding not to jump down), Avatar Aang shows up and says: 'When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.' The line gives a sense of reassurance, as if Korra made the choice not to jump, and has instead chosen to grow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Of course, how I think about the scene is colored by my interpretations, but for accuracy I was just thinking about whether she really did cry and fall to her knees after looking over the cliff.

Ahhh I love Aang's line a lot! I can definitely see why people would think that Korra was contemplating it. I really liked that season finale. I mostly just remember how Korra went into the avatar state and the music was playing, and wow I got chills at that part.

Last edited:
I didn't quite realise all the stuff going down with Nickelodeon until I finished Ep8 and found 9 hadn't aired. What the crap Nick, I can't believe that they argued having a non-white female lead much less that they are the root of all the airing issues that have happened. Now I'm supremely glad I haven't watched LOK on any medium that earns them money (Not that I have a choice being from the UK). Quite wanting to go to their head office and earthbend it into the ground.

And wtf Su, sending Korra and gang away from Lin?! I fear Su might also be a Red Lotus member after her side eye when she learned they ratted out Aiwei, and that she was so confident when Lin said to interrogate her. I think she might have known all along. ~ It's certainly foreshadowed enough. And sibling rivalry being the reason she undermined Lin is not excuse enough for sending the gang into harms way as Aiwei is almost certainly with Zaheer. S:

I really loved TLA however I dropped out of LOK by the second season. The show lacks the charm TLA had and it feels more like a show that tries to please the generic teenage audience with all the unneeded romance and such. The humor is kinda lacking too in a way.. I miss Sokka xL

I love Legend of Korra. I've got an Iroh tattoo on my left arm, those shows mean the world to me. I was super bummed about the digital-only announcement - especially since season three is SO good.

I didn't quite realise all the stuff going down with Nickelodeon until I finished Ep8 and found 9 hadn't aired. What the crap Nick, I can't believe that they argued having a non-white female lead much less that they are the root of all the airing issues that have happened. Now I'm supremely glad I haven't watched LOK on any medium that earns them money (Not that I have a choice being from the UK). Quite wanting to go to their head office and earthbend it into the ground.

And wtf Su, sending Korra and gang away from Lin?! I fear Su might also be a Red Lotus member after her side eye when she learned they ratted out Aiwei, and that she was so confident when Lin said to interrogate her. I think she might have known all along. ~ It's certainly foreshadowed enough. And sibling rivalry being the reason she undermined Lin is not excuse enough for sending the gang into harms way as Aiwei is almost certainly with Zaheer. S:
I wish I could give Brian and Mike a hug, I feel so bad for them!
I can see where you're coming from, especially with Su being a criminal as she grew up and stuff, but of course people change. That's a pretty interesting theory, I wonder if her kids would know anything about that?? I don't want to count Su out yet tho, she's kind of grown on me

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really loved TLA however I dropped out of LOK by the second season. The show lacks the charm TLA had and it feels more like a show that tries to please the generic teenage audience with all the unneeded romance and such. The humor is kinda lacking too in a way.. I miss Sokka xL

I'll tell you this: by the third book all that teenage/romance stuff is pretty much put to and end, I was really relieved about that :)
I miss Sokka too but...
they hinted that Toph might be alive! And old man Zuko!!
I like Bolin though, he has his funny moments.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love Legend of Korra. I've got an Iroh tattoo on my left arm, those shows mean the world to me. I was super bummed about the digital-only announcement - especially since season three is SO good.

It is really good! omg iroh tattoo! that's so cool

I wish I could give Brian and Mike a hug, I feel so bad for them!
I can see where you're coming from, especially with Su being a criminal as she grew up and stuff, but of course people change. That's a pretty interesting theory, I wonder if her kids would know anything about that?? I don't want to count Su out yet tho, she's kind of grown on me

I'll tell you this: by the third book all that teenage/romance stuff is pretty much put to and end, I was really relieved about that :)
I miss Sokka too but...
they hinted that Toph might be alive! And old man Zuko!!
I like Bolin though, he has his funny moments.

Same, but I feel like the decision to only air the show online and go to one a week was theirs as a way of getting out of Nicks clammy hands.
She's grown on me too, but I do kinda want to see her become an enemy now I've thought about it more, it'd be a good twist. I imagine her kids are none the wiser. That or Opals off to go spy on the Northern Air Temple? :S

I do kinda want Zaheer to get Korra, and kidnap her and take her to his master who happens to be Toph. xP Then Toph can announce that Zaheer is Su's father and that she wanted Korra so she could teach her Lavabending to beat the Earth Queen. :p But that's just my imagination running wild now.

Same, but I feel like the decision to only air the show online and go to one a week was theirs as a way of getting out of Nicks clammy hands.
She's grown on me too, but I do kinda want to see her become an enemy now I've thought about it more, it'd be a good twist. I imagine her kids are none the wiser. That or Opals off to go spy on the Northern Air Temple? :S

I do kinda want Zaheer to get Korra, and kidnap her and take her to his master who happens to be Toph. xP Then Toph can announce that Zaheer is Su's father and that she wanted Korra so she could teach her Lavabending to beat the Earth Queen. :p But that's just my imagination running wild now.
Yeah well they can't really help it, Nick is the one who calls the shots on whether they air the episode or not :/
yeah that would be a good twist omg. haha i like your ideas though especially about master toph. that'd be hot, uh i mean, cool. yeah.

Back