• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Place your random thoughts.

The song I heard the most frequently this year? It’s the Ghost and Molly McGee theme song.

im so nervous for my psych final ive done so much studying yet feel like ive done nothing at all

Definitely me when I went back on my OC design and suddenly decided on changing the hair color in the design because the current hair color doesn't do justice.
2votv0.png

i have to study for my finals but i cannot stop hyperfixating on my website and im going insane
i kinda popped off with the new page i made tho at least my rampant fixation is like, making something. have somethin to show for it. i feel crazy. also discord mobile is so trash now that i deleted it and added a button for the web version to my homescreen.

I went go karting today for the first time, for my friend's birthday, and I thought it was going to be fun. Spoiler alert. It wasn't. It was only my friend and his cousin, yet I was still the only person that ever crashed. I also didn't realize how much it would hurt when I did hit a wall, which was a lot. I ended up crashing three times, and eventually they just had me get out for safety reasons. I'm really happy it wasn't an actual race, because then I would be in the hospital right now, but I'm kind of sad since this was supposed to be a lot more fun than it ended up being.

Is it just me or is learning new words super fun? 😭 For example, today I learned what "lecherous", "gritter", "emanate", and "low-brow" mean. Even though I've used some of these words before in my writing or everyday speech, it's nice to know their full definitions.

I also like learning new words in other languages. I've learned a couple French words the other day ("abri" and "plainte") in a comprehension text I was reading for class.

I don’t think streaming would kill off DVDs completely. Due to high prices, possibility to remove content (like how HBO Max did to animated shows), and required internet connection, there is a reason to watch DVDs today.

Cable TV, however, may phase out because of streaming.

Is it just me or is learning new words super fun? 😭 For example, today I learned what "lecherous", "gritter", "emanate", and "low-brow" mean. Even though I've used some of these words before in my writing or everyday speech, it's nice to know their full definitions.

I also like learning new words in other languages. I've learned a couple French words the other day ("abri" and "plainte") in a comprehension text I was reading for class.
I love learning new words as well! I even started keeping a list of all the new words I’ve learned in the past few months along with their definitions so that I can more easily remember and use them!

I don’t think streaming would kill off DVDs completely. Due to high prices, possibility to remove content (like how HBO Max did to animated shows), and required internet connection, there is a reason to watch DVDs today.

Cable TV, however, may phase out because of streaming.
I feel like cable will be completely gone in the next 15 years or so. But I wonder what the next step after streaming will be. I don't see how they could improve being able to watch any show whenever you want.

I feel like cable will be completely gone in the next 15 years or so. But I wonder what the next step after streaming will be. I don't see how they could improve being able to watch any show whenever you want.
I’m feeling this way with the Nintendo Switch. Technology advancements will eventually reach the peak, where it will not go any further.

Before 1492, there were many intelligent civilizations outside Europe. And there are at least a few species of animals smarter than humans. So why did European humans take over the whole world?

^Ah, yes...colonialism. One of Europe's greatest sins.

I want a modern Nintendo VR system. Animal crossing and open world pokémon VR when?!!

Yeah I think vr is "the next step" in entertainment. Basically a headset to give the impression that you have different surroundings. There are steps after but I guess the question would then be, how invasive are you willing to get or accept?
And for those who are nausea sensitive, (me) they would have to play another way unless somehow there is a work around while still having the headset. Maybe something graphical or lighting could be improved. (I'm not sure what causes the motion sickness in vr. I assume movement speed but not sure)

Dome IMAX theaters use to be a thing long ago for movies because it had a visual surround feel. I bet they will make a headset for streaming services for home.

And for some reason this discussion reminded me of one of those view masters I had as a kid. Completely unrelated beyond it kinda reminds me of the fantasy 90s and 80s themed artwork with headsets for vr. Anywho the dinosaur disc I had was cool. The pictures were 3d looking to me and tried to look realistic.

Back