• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fantasy Life General Thread

Oh good idea! That list should be very helpful! n_n Thanks for your help!

And while I'm at it: is the DLC worth buying? I find it pretty expensive to be honest...

Hope it helps!

I'm really biased since I've already bought the DLC- but it adds /a lot/ of extra content (new pets, lunares coins, origin island, new weapons, higher level caps, among other things). I heard it cost more money to translate and whatnot which is why it costs more - but if you think of it in terms of hours spent playing/dollars spent - if you enjoyed the main game - the DLC will help you enjoy it for longer. The DLC has better return than a cup of coffee or a movie ticket (....actually a movie ticket costs more here where I live lolol)

(full disclosure: I got the game on sale @_@ so that's kinda why I didn't mind paying the extra ~$8 for the DLC but I totally understand why it feels totally unfair on nintendo's part for day 1 dlc)

Who are the best allies to have on your team?
That depends - where are you in game? :p

Who are the best allies to have on your team?

end-game wise or....? personally I like fern and mustang best. mustang's a good tank (and sometimes he removes and throws his mustache as a weapon, I'm serious lol) and fern hits criticals a LOT and she uses stun arrows regularly so that's nice. heard jinx was good too, but haven't gotten to god lvl in magician yet so idk personally. actually all the life masters are prob decent lol

before I unlocked those two though, ophelia, odin, and yuelia were all alright.

Oh~ You just input mail passwords (being case sensitive) in the Post Office and get free items ^^. With that, I got the mysterious set which helped me to fly through monsters. You'll be able to use that set once you hit level 20 though. I have a Batastic Wand if you need (if you also have DLC though). Mail passwords link here - Use the code word under whatever region your game is from

Other than that, putting all points into INT + using fire/ice should help ;o; ... you can try to grind 4 levels so you can wear the set too.

Thanks Gracelia for the Mail Password link! (Guess I can't use any of them just yet,
Or joining Delphine & Zulehan on multiplay any time soon...)

*is a lowly Level 8 Paladin* OTZ
*shows self to door*

end-game wise or....? personally I like fern and mustang best. mustang's a good tank (and sometimes he removes and throws his mustache as a weapon, I'm serious lol) and fern hits criticals a LOT and she uses stun arrows regularly so that's nice. heard jinx was good too, but haven't gotten to god lvl in magician yet so idk personally. actually all the life masters are prob decent lol

before I unlocked those two though, ophelia, odin, and yuelia were all alright.

Love Fern. She's the bomb.
I only drag Yuelia along cause she heals me.

I haven't tried Jinx or the merc master (can't remember his name....woops)
....I feel like I should but Fern is good enough for me lol

i'm at tera nimbus

Probably Odin at this stage! :eek:
And I guess Damien (if you can bring him along?? I can't remember)

Last edited:
Love Fern. She's the bomb.
I only drag Yuelia along cause she heals me.

I haven't tried Jinx or the merc master (can't remember his name....woops)
....I feel like I should but Fern is good enough for me lol

Probably Odin at this stage! :eek:
And I guess Damien (if you can bring him along?? I can't remember)

I think either mustang or fern heals me sometimes as well, very rarely though.
yea I used to bring yuelia along but she's just way too weak compared to the life masters, so I replaced her with mustang lol. Easier for me to just spam healing sprays/potions if necessary.

but yes fern is amazing omg

I have odin on my team and that furin thing you meet at tera nimbus. How can I get damien to join? If i can

Tbh never really liked Fern since as a hunter I like to have melees :l Could try her out though... Is Mustang better than Odin?

I have odin on my team and that furin thing you meet at tera nimbus. How can I get damien to join? If i can

I think if you just go back to talk to him. (I don't remember when in the game he joins you though ._. so it might be later.) does anyone else know? orz

Tbh never really liked Fern since as a hunter I like to have melees :l Could try her out though... Is Mustang better than Odin?

Mustang without a doubt is better than Odin. Combat life masters are great allies.

Daemon joins you after you beat the main story I think... ( when you go talk to him) Wish Daemon was better :l His attacks are neat and showy but his main attack is just so goshdarn slow...

Last edited:

if you play as a hunter mainly go with Mustang and Cervantes (Merc life master), or at least have one of them. I think Mustang is tankier bc he's the paladin master, but I'm guessing Cervantes would do a more damage. Even Ophelia is better than Odin imo. I can beat most things with Mustang and Fern in any combat life, bar the Trial of Light bc I don't think I have the levels for that yet;;

Newbie questions here (lowly Lv 8 Paladin):

1) was over at East Grassy Plains level grinding for a bit, when I came across a big floating blob (Spook?) at night.
It was my very first bounty, and as I haul it over to the bounty clerk over at Farley's Plantation, the hauling action DRAINS my SP like there's no tomorrow. Is this normal, or am I doing it wrong?

2) Would it be helpful if I ask Laura to join me, and try to defeat the Bandits & their Leader over at the Grassy Plains?
The 1-3 bandits quests are the ones remaining, and I can't seem to be able to tackle them on my own XD

3) What would you recommend to be a good level to start branching to a 'new' Life?
(thinking of either woodcutter / magician / angler)

Many thanks in advance! C:

Last edited:

1) was over at East Grassy Plains level grinding for a bit, when I came across a big floating blob (Spook?) at night.
It was my very first bounty, and as I haul it over to the bounty clerk over at Farley's Palntation, the hauling action DRAINS my SP like there's no tomorrow. Is this normal, or am I doing it wrong?

2) Would it be helpful if I ask Laura to join me, and try to defeat the Bandits & their Leader over at the Grassy Plains?
The 1-3 bandits quests are the ones remaining, and I can't seem to be able to tackle them on my own XD

3) What would you recommend to be a good level to start branching to a 'new' Life?

1) bizarre, i never experienced my SP draining when i hauled a bounty @_@ that's really, really weird.
in my experience it has been the opposite - since you arent allowed to run with a bounty, i recover sp....
i can't think of why you'd lose SP though... (sorry not much help orz)

2) ask whoever you'd like :) allies are there to help! just dont get too attached to laura because she's really wimpy @_@

3) any level should be fine. you'll start off with the life story introduction which is made for completely new level 1 players so you'll never be too "weak" to do any life.

Hope it helps!

I'm really biased since I've already bought the DLC- but it adds /a lot/ of extra content (new pets, lunares coins, origin island, new weapons, higher level caps, among other things). I heard it cost more money to translate and whatnot which is why it costs more - but if you think of it in terms of hours spent playing/dollars spent - if you enjoyed the main game - the DLC will help you enjoy it for longer. The DLC has better return than a cup of coffee or a movie ticket (....actually a movie ticket costs more here where I live lolol)

(full disclosure: I got the game on sale @_@ so that's kinda why I didn't mind paying the extra ~$8 for the DLC but I totally understand why it feels totally unfair on nintendo's part for day 1 dlc)

Yay I'm now a Legend Magician :D Thanks again for the advices!
As for the DLC, I may buy it in the end, I really like this game... And I think it's the only way for me to become a "God" Magician? ;-;

As for the DLC, I may buy it in the end, I really like this game... And I think it's the only way for me to become a "God" Magician? ;-;

Yay! Congrats on becoming a Legend Magician!! :D I have a bunch of fantasy life things bookmarked on my computer since it's been a while since I've been so addicted to a game @_@ ahah

And yeah, the DLC is the only way to reach the "God" rank.

Thanks Gracelia for the Mail Password link! (Guess I can't use any of them just yet,
Or joining Delphine & Zulehan on multiplay any time soon...)

*is a lowly Level 8 Paladin* OTZ
*shows self to door*

There are only a few item sets from the post office where you need to be at level 20 to use. You can use a different password for the time being until you reach level 20 for the mysterious set.

It was my very first bounty, and as I haul it over to the bounty clerk over at Farley's Plantation, the hauling action DRAINS my SP like there's no tomorrow. Is this normal, or am I doing it wrong?

1) weird, I've never had SP drain either when hauling bounties?? hmm

2) allies are always helpful! you can ask your pets too if you have no other allies atm :)

3) get woodcutting/angler/mining lives asap because you can fulfill the requirements needed in those lives while playing as other lives (i.e. you can chop trees in a paladin life and that will count towards the goals in the woodcutting life)

- - - Post Merge - - -

congrats!! and personally I think the DLC is realllly worth it, the amount of content Origin Islands has is amazing!! and yea it's the only way to reach God-tier.

also man finally became a God mercenary and omg the special once you reach that is amazing O:
might main as a mercenary now instead of a hunter...

Last edited:
also man finally became a God mercenary and omg the special once you reach that is amazing O:
might main as a mercenary now instead of a hunter...

I use to /hate/ merc when I was trying to complete that hurricane quest but now it's tied with hunter as my favourite class xD

even got furia del mar eheh. kinda want the sea lord set now....
the special does so much damage @_@

If his SP drains while he's hauling any bounty, he might be sneaking as well, which is the most likely scenario.

Back