• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Introducing Bellculator v2.0!

WToa

Bellculator Creator
Bells
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Cake
8tlGMwX.png

[url]www.bellculator.com[/url]

So I created Bellculator a very long time ago. Its use back in the day was mainly for adding bugs / fishes that you caught in the island into a basket. Here's a link to the original posting if any of you are interested:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?70333-Introducing-BellCulator!

Now with the passage of time that feature is not as important anymore. So I've decided to rewrite the application from scratch. Here are the features presented:

Features:

* Same Bellculator features (Adding bugs / fossils / fishes into a basket to figure out the total Re-Tail price)
* Villager Search
* Coffee Preferences

The main new feature that I have presented is the villager search. Now what it does is that it accesses both /r/AdoptMyVillager (Please set your flair when posting on AMV!)and The Belltree Forums to provide you with a solution to find the villagers that are currently being traded / given away.

The deal is that it only accesses NEW posts. So you can always be sure that the page is up to date.

As such, I hope this application will be of a great benefit to all you people either starting to trade villagers or are already in the business.

Enjoy!

[url]www.bellculator.com[/url]

NOTE:

If nothing displays on the Villager search page just refresh the page / if only TBT shows up then just refresh it and it will show all the recent villagers.

Currently Supported URLS

/r/AdoptMyVillager Remember setting your flair on AMV is a requirement!
The Belltree Forums

Changelog

July 29, 2014
- Created the changelog!
- Officially moved site to www.bellculator.com
- You now have to manually refresh the list (Sorry, was really taking too long for people to load up the page if it was refreshed automatically)

July 30, 2014
- Search bar has been put back
- Changed background to be a white background with AC shapes!

August 2, 2014
- Created a better parser to include a larger variety of titles

To do
- Better parsing of villager names!
- Create a special section to accomodate for cyclers!
- Change the way the list is constructed (will result in faster refreshes!)

Last edited:
Really useful! Definitely going to use it, thank you for your hard work! :D

Note: at the Coffee tab, when I type a villager name, it will not find it (or not completely correct). When normally scrolling through the list, the name is available there, but only not through the search engine.

Here's an example when I typed Isa, and Isabelle did not show up.
rRpdRnr.png

Not that I want to criticize you O_O I think you did a wonderful job and this will help a lot of us! but could be something to fix when you work on it again =)

Ooh, how lovely! Thank you so much! I'll be sure to bookmark this <3

Really useful! Definitely going to use it, thank you for your hard work! :D

Note: at the Coffee tab, when I type a villager name, it will not find it (or not completely correct). When normally scrolling through the list, the name is available there, but only not through the search engine.

Here's an example when I typed Isa, and Isabelle did not show up.
rRpdRnr.png

Not that I want to criticize you O_O I think you did a wonderful job and this will help a lot of us! but could be something to fix when you work on it again =)

Don't worry about it, criticism is always good :)

Thanks for pointing that out and it appears that it did not only affect the coffee tab but the other searches as well. I have fixed it and it should work properly now.

I did a little bit of fixing to ensure that there won't be a blank page when you visit the villager search page anymore.

I updated the site to let it refresh every 3 minutes so you can just leave your window open instead of refreshing it every single time!

Wow this is great, love how you added the villager search. So many reddit pages will have to force me to make an account. :p

I love it! :D the coffee time will help a ton.

Been a while since I last updated the site.

The biggest update is that now the new URL is now:

[url]www.bellculator.com[/URL]

I also made it so that you have to click the refresh button to get the latest villager listings.

The reason I did this was that I noticed that the site was taking 3 seconds to load for some people!

Enjoy!

What a wonderful site. I like that there is a lot of information on a minimalistic layout.

This is a great site, very helpful! I'm sure I'll be using this a lot! Thank you.

Back