• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Gyroid Theory

Yeah. Kinda already new about this. But why is their selling price A FIXED 828 BELLS?!There has got be something signifacant with this number. Also,number 4 is a number for death in japan guys.

I believe that it's a little bit of Japanese wordplay. As I said, they are based off of (and their Japanese name is just) haniwa. In this case, you read 828 as "eight two eight" not "eight hundred and twenty-eight." Eight can be read as hachi or just ha. Two can be read as ni. And I guess the last 8/ha is just a pun since it sounds similar to wa. Thus you get 828 (with the last sound used as a pun and not a direct reading).

Someone else can give a better/more accurate explanation if they have one. Gyroids are also worth 828 HHA points, I believe!

Last edited:
I believe that it's a little bit of Japanese wordplay. As I said, they are based off of (and their Japanese name is just) haniwa. In this case, you read 828 as "eight two eight" not "eight hundred and twenty-eight." Eight can be read as hachi or just ha. Two can be read as ni. And I guess the last 8/ha is just a pun since it sounds similar to wa. Thus you get haniwa.

Someone else can give a better/more accurate explanation if they have one. Gyroids are also worth 828 HHA points, I believe!

I knew that it had some significance of some sort . Thanks!

Maybe the names and sounds have to do with each person's death. Those with gargloids drowned, lullaboids died in slumber, nebuloids were lost in space, drilloids died in a construction zone, fizzoids were electrocuted, and alloids were stranded on a deserted island.

Maybe the names and sounds have to do with each person's death. Those with gargloids drowned, lullaboids died in slumber, nebuloids were lost in space, drilloids died in a construction zone, fizzoids were electrocuted, and alloids were stranded on a deserted island.

This...creeps me out. And yet,no talks about the brewsteroids. http%3A%2F%2F25.media.tumblr.com%2F9a06919a2ec92ae353c544e000ade394%2Ftumblr_msk51q20Z51sziqtpo1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, those are custom-made by Brewster himself. I wonder if there's any more story behind it. Maybe his ancestors were "gyroidsmiths" (or "smithoids" :p).

Well, those are custom-made by Brewster himself. I wonder if there's any more story behind it. Maybe his ancestors were "gyroidsmiths" (or "smithoids" :p).

Or,Brewster knows that he is going to die soon,and he made them for himself. And when the time comes,you know what to do

Or he can make gyroids that can revive him.
OR HE PUTS HIS HORCRUXES IN THEM AND ENTRUSTS THEM TO YOU
DAMN.

HE IS LIKE A VOLDEMORT WHO IS A BIRD AND MAKES COFFEE FOR YOU. D?AAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUM. Does brewster even HAVE A NOSE?

We can have a gyroid face in the original if we reset the game from someone else's town.

hqdefault.jpg

A subtle way of saying the character died/voided because they didn't reset from home. :p The face effect is only temporary.
OMG THAT'S CREEPY I MIGHT CRY
HE IS LIKE A VOLDEMORT WHO IS A BIRD AND MAKES COFFEE FOR YOU. D?AAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUM. Does brewster even HAVE A NOSE?
OMG WHATTTTTT

And howloids were frightened to death? They act like trapped souls wanting to rest in peace.

Woahhh, this concept is pretty new to me. I didn't even think about that!!! :D That's pretty cool. :) A little bit creepy? But pretty cool

Back