• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Your skincare!

• Cerave PM is a cheap but good one
  • Neutrogena Hydro Water boost gel cream also fairly cheap and nice
  • Kiehl’s ultra face cream is a fav from a lot of people but it’s on the heavier side imo and more pricey
  • First aid beauty ultra repair cream is another one similar to the Kiehl’s
I use a lot of Asian products (I’m Asian so it seems to suit my skin better sometimes)
  • Cosrx Snail 92 All in One Cream - it’s gross sounding but trust me on this, it’s amazing
  • Etude House Soon Jung 2X Barrier Cream - supposed to
  • Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream - expensive but amazing
  • Belif aqua bomb cream - expensive but works well & it’s light
side note: I hope you’re not double cleansing with those two cleansers o: I also love the DE Jelly Cleanser but I couldn’t justify the price 😭

Is Kiehl’s a good brand? I’ve tried their cleanser and toner but I wasn’t a fan. I’ll look into their creams though! I’ve always wanted to try a snail cream/essence so I’ll probably try that one out! Thanks for the recommendations!
Also I’m not double cleansing so dw! If I was that would be so damaging on my skin because of how strong the acne cleanser is 😱

I swear by this skincare routine, especially if you have sensitive/dry skin. I started my korean skincare journey in 2017. I started off with a 10-step routine, started following EuniUnni (K-skincare God) on Youtube and I haven't found a better skincare regimen than this.

sounds like we have almost the same skin type, so i'll look up the products mentioned here! :0

sounds like we have almost the same skin type, so i'll look up the products mentioned here! :0
Awesome! If you decide to try any of them out let me know. I actually posted a little earlier (I was still writing lol) but its been updated now.

oh good lord I'm nowhere near as intense with my skin care as yall are lmao 😂
then again I've been blessed with nice skin, I've never really had an issue with acne and my skin has always been clear and free of excess oils and stuff.

I do however have a skin care routine, even if it is super small. I basically wash my fair with a general face cleanser at least once a day (before I go to bed). I don't use any moisturizers or anything, but I just recently started actually washing my face since wearing a mask all the time in school makes me face sweat a bit.
You’re one of the lucky ones 😆

Is Kiehl’s a good brand? I’ve tried their cleanser and toner but I wasn’t a fan. I’ll look into their creams though! I’ve always wanted to try a snail cream/essence so I’ll probably try that one out! Thanks for the recommendations!
Also I’m not double cleansing so dw! If I was that would be so damaging on my skin because of how strong the acne cleanser is 😱
I personally am not a fan (aside from their lip balm for winter) but my friends will die by them haha so ymmv!

that snail cream is my life and 100% recommend it (but also ymmv)💕

I think they're ok. Opposed to some of the other brands that you can get at makeup stores like sephora, i think they give more product for the same price. The biggest reason why I like Kiehl's face cream is because of how extremely neutral the scent is! other FCs I've used usually have some kind of smell that I can't stand.

here's mine~

name: DoeReMi
age range: 20-25
skin type: oily
skin concerns: 1) oil control/shine 2) pores (size, blackheads) 3) dark circles (because I sleep ~6hrs/night and don't drink enough water) 4) hyperpigmentation from past acne
skin sensitivity: low, I rarely break out because of a new skin product, but I might if go to bed without doing my night routine (on the days that I put on sunscreen and go outside)
other information: I only buy skincare with the bunny / no animal testing sign, and prefer if it's also vegan. and I like to have a separate day routine focused on oil-control and night routine focused on restoring my skin

current products:
Morning:
  • botanics shine away mattifying cleaning mousse
  • botanics shine away mattifying toner
  • any essence/serum focused on hydration or anti-aging
  • botanics shine away mattifying day cream with SPF 15
  • etude house sunprise mild airy finish APF 50+ <-- I bought this before I switched to cruelty free, and its been amazing with oil-control to the point that I'm still shine-free at the end of a 10 hour shift. trying to look for an alternative since the bottle will finish soon. If you know a good and relatively cheap mattifying / oil control sunscreen please let me know!
Night:
  • botanics all bright cleansing foam wash
  • botanics all bright cleansing toner
  • any essence/serum focused on hydration or hyperpigmentation
  • botanics all bright hydrating night cream
Occasionally: scrubs, face masks, face sheet masks

name: crash
age range: i'm 25
skin type: combination
skin concerns: maintaining good texture and reducing redness
skin sensitivity: pretty sensitive
other information: i'm a total addict when it comes to skincare. i avoid any products with sulfates, fragrances, essential oils, microbeads, dyes, etc. i'm careful about my skin's PH and i never use scrubs or anything abrasive

current products:
  • dhc deep cleansing oil
  • cerave renewing SA cleanser
  • pure aloe vera
  • the ordinary niacinamide
  • timeless vitamin c
  • eucerin anti-wrinkle night cream
  • the ordinary AHA 30%/BHA 2% (only once a week)
  • eucerin spf 30 daily sunscreen
  • the ordinary azelaic acid

favorite products + why:
  • i really love both of the eucerin products i use. i feel like no one appreciates how solid of a brand they are lol, the night cream is so rich and moisturizing and the sunscreen is non-greasy with no white cast. they have a bunch of new sunscreens now so i'm looking forward to trying the spf 50 one as i've been looking for something with a higher spf for ages
  • the ordinary's AHA/BHA is also a staple!! it's strong af but it really does exfoliate so well
i love this thread, sooo many new products i wanna try now ;-;

Last edited:
name: crash
age range: i'm 25
skin type: combination
skin concerns: maintaining good texture and reducing redness
skin sensitivity: pretty sensitive
other information: i'm a total addict when it comes to skincare. i avoid any products with sulfates, fragrances, essential oils, microbeads, dyes, etc. i'm careful about my skin's PH and i never use scrubs or anything harsh

current products:
  • cerave renewing SA cleanser
  • pure aloe vera
  • the ordinary niacinamide
  • timeless vitamin c
  • eucerin anti-wrinkle night cream
  • the ordinary AHA 30%/BHA 2% (only once a week)
  • eucerin spf 30 daily sunscreen

favorite products + why:
  • i really love both of the eucerin products i use. i feel like no one appreciates how solid of a brand they are lol, the night cream is so rich and moisturizing and the sunscreen is non-greasy with no white cast. they have a bunch of new sunscreens now so i'm looking forward to trying the spf 50 one as i've been looking for something with a higher spf for ages
  • the ordinary's AHA/BHA is also a staple!! it's strong af but it really does exfoliate so we'll
i love this thread, sooo many new products i wanna try now ;-;
I love the ordinary’s AHA/BHA! I use it time to time but it weirds me out that it’s dark red 😆 the first time I used it, my bf thought I rubbed blood on my face

name: Renee
age range: it’s a secret
skin type: dry
skin concerns: flaky skin
skin sensitivity: gets red for a long time if I’m not gentle with it I’ve had people ask what’s happened to if I’m not gentle enough.
other information: I don’t get much acne Except for certain times. If all else fails take selfies in the bathroom with the lights off and rely on the window to make my skin look better than it is. I also go for products that are animal friendly.

current products:
  • Pacifica Chrystal foam
  • Nourish Organic face lotion
  • Wash cloth to gently exfoliate with
  • random hydrating face masks from target.

favorite products + why: Anything with the Shea butter smell from the body shop because I love the smell so much.

Last edited:
the ordinary's AHA/BHA is also a staple!! it's strong af but it really does exfoliate so well
I love the ordinary’s AHA/BHA! I use it time to time but it weirds me out that it’s dark red 😆 the first time I used it, my bf thought I rubbed blood on my face
I've been meaning to buy that for so long but when I finally checked on their site (and other sites like ulta) I found out that they weren't making it at the time, I think they were updating the formula or something? But I've been breaking out a bit during quarantine so I wanted something ASAP and ended up buying Glossier's Solution since instagram kept throwing its ads in my face, and it also has AHA, BHA as well as PHA. It looks like the ordinary has restocked theirs so once this bottle is done I'm going to go buy the ordinary's and try to compare results

ohhh I love this thread already!

Name: Sam
Age range: 18-24
Skin type: combination
Skin concerns: cystic acne
Skin sensitivity: I would say moderate
Other information: I had pretty normal skin most of my teenage years until age 19. At that point, I had to see a dermatolgist to get my cystic acne under control. I was on doxycycline for a little over a year, and she put me on day and night prescription topicals that I still use daily (I'm 23 now). I love skincare, but I have to be picky.

Current products:
In the AM:
-AVAR cleanser (prescription). Sweat was really clogging my pores during the day at work since I was out exercising on my lunch breaks, so my doctor prescribed this for as needed use.
-Clindagel 1%. A prescription that helps stop the growth of bacteria on my face that promotes acne.
-Cetaphil Oil Absorbing Moisturizer with SPF 30. I like this because it's noncomedogenic and absorbs into my skin really well, also SPF.
-Neutrogena Hydro Boost during the winter months, the hyaluronic acid also makes my skin super soft and hydrated 💙
-I'm still playing around with day time eye creams, but I switch between a brand called Revolution and IT Cosmetics for eye serums/eye creams.

In the PM:

-Garnier Micellar Cleanser Water & Makeup Remover. I use this strictly as a makeup remover as it removes all my makeup effortlessly.
-Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Face Wash. I've used this for years, and the fact that it's foam doesn't dry my face out.
-T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner, just in case I didn't get all my makeup off. Some people don't like witch hazel as a toner, since it's an astringent. I've never had an issue with it, it removes remnants of makeup I've missed and has also aided in lightening acne scars.
-Epiduo Forte. I was started on regular Epiduo (0.1% adapalene & 2.5% benzyl peroxide), but after several months my skin adjusted and I'm on the .3% dose of adapalene now.
-I don't typically use a night moisturizer now, but if I do, I'll use that Neutrogena one listed above after my Epiduo has absorbed. Usually an hour later and not a lot or it may burn.
-R.O.C Retinol eye cream

Favorite products:
-anything by the Cetaphil DermaControl line 🥺 they even added a clay mask to that line, which I've been using weekly and I 💖 it! It's all noncomedogenic.
-My Neutrogena hydro boost moisturizer- that hyaluronic acid feels so nice once absorbed! Also noncomedogenic.
-Pixi Glow Toner is a great toner with glycolic acid, although I can't use it anymore.
-Advanced Clinical lotions. It's just some generic lotion I got off Amazon but I've been alternating the CoQ10 lotion & retinol lotion after my showers, and my skins been really soft! Even my husband has made comments!
-Egg Peeling Gel Holika x Gudetama. Cute packaging, and exfoliating

If anyone has daytime eye cream recommendations, I'm all ears ☺

• the ordinary's AHA/BHA is also a staple!! it's strong af but it really does exfoliate so well

i'd love to try this, as i'm looking to replace scrubs with chemical exfoliation. my skin is sensitive and scrubs tend to irritate it, but i'm not familiar with AHA and BHA, so i wasn't sure where to start. I'll definitely check this out 👀

i'd love to try this, as i'm looking to replace scrubs with chemical exfoliation. my skin is sensitive and scrubs tend to irritate it, but i'm not familiar with AHA and BHA, so i wasn't sure where to start. I'll definitely check this out 👀
it's really great! however if you have sensitive skin, you may want to start with something a little bit more gentle just to be safe. the ordinary's lactic acid 5% is a good starting point for chemical exfolation in my opinion, it's not nearly as harsh and you can always go forward from there once you see how your skin reacts to it. c:

it's really great! however if you have sensitive skin, you may want to start with something a little bit more gentle just to be safe. the ordinary's lactic acid 5% is a good starting point for chemical exfolation in my opinion, it's not nearly as harsh and you can always go forward from there once you see how your skin reacts to it. c:
100% agree with @Crash! The AHA/BHA is really strong and is only meant to be used as a “mask” every now and then and not for regular use.
The TO lactic acid one is a great option and you can let your skin acclimate to AHA/BHAs before you head into the really strong one. I also recommend as well c: but please wear sunscreen if you are using AHAs and make sure that your actives don’t clash if you’re using any other ones o:

I'm mildly (read: totally) obsessed with skincare and products, so this is my kinda thread! Fair disclaimer that most of what I use is on the pricier side, but I'll go over why I love all my products and list my can't-live-withouts.

name: Oblivia
age range: 30s
skin type: Normal to dry, with a lot more dryness in the winter months
skin concerns: Moisture and age-preventative maintenance
skin sensitivity: More reactive than sensitive
other information: I avoid anything with AHAs or BHAs, retinol, dimethicone/cyclopentisiloxane or other silicone-derivatives, parabens, or scrubbing agents

current products:
Morning Routine 1:
  • Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser
  • Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Serum
  • Derm Institute Youth Alchemy Eye Cream
  • LaBruna Growth Factor Peptide Perfecting Créme
  • Vintner's Daughter Active Botanical Serum
Morning Routine 2:
  • Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser
  • Retrouvé Nutrient Face Serum
  • Derm Institute Youth Alchemy Eye Cream
  • de Mamiel Skin Recovery Blend
I'll switch between the two routines Depending on how my skin is feeling on that particular day. I'll rub the respective serum on my entire face, eye orbit, and neck area, then follow with the eye cream and moisturizer. I end routine 1 by using a small amount of the Vintner's Daughter on top of the moisturizer and then patting until it's absorbed.

Night Routine:
  • Dr. Barbara Sturm Cleanser
  • Mukti Vital C Elixir
  • Osea Eye Firming Cream
  • Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream OR Crème Ancienne if I feel really dry
  • Biossance Squalane and Vitamin C Rose Oil

favorite products + why:
My Omorovicza night cream has been a staple in my routine for over 5 years now. I've tried many, and I always keep coming back to that one due to how lovely my skin looks when I wake up and the incredible scent. The Retrové serum is a relatively new find, but my skin seriously looks like glass when I use it. It's so nourishing that I almost don't need another moisturizer on top, but I find that the de Mamiel blend works well with it and my skin always feels so soft and healthy at the end of the day when I use them in conjunction. I still don't have so much as a line anywhere on my face, but I equate that to a healthy lifestyle along with babying my skin every day.

I'm not sure if anyone here can commiserate, but after I passed age 30 my skin completely changed. During my 20s my skin was relatively flawless, but as soon as the number 3 was slapped in the front of my age I developed these dry patches on my cheeks and my skin just seemed unhappy with the products I had been using throughout my teens and 20s. It's taken a while to find a good blend of products that mesh well with my skin and meets its needs, but I can't say the journey of trying hundreds of products hasn't been a fun one!

That said, I am always down to discuss products and skincare with other enthusiasts! Feel free to drop me a message anytime if any of you want to trade tips or talk about a new product you're into. :)

other information: I avoid anything with AHAs or BHAs, retinol, dimethicone/cyclopentisiloxane or other silicone-derivatives, parabens, or scrubbing agents

oh, why do you avoid retinol and AHA/BHA? :0 you definitely seem like you know a lot about skincare so i'm very interested to know!

I'm not really that into skin care tbh, but I'm trying to get a bit better with remembering to use the essential products that really help my skin. My "routine" is not very intense at all, but I thought it would be fun to share :p

name: ali.di.magix
age range: 20-25
skin type: oily, moreso in the T-zone than anything
skin concerns: acne, acne scarring and large pores
skin sensitivity: low, I haven't really had any reactions to anything
other information: A few products I use are medicated and prescribed as they work really well for me

current products:
- crystaderm: I use this for literally anything as it speeds up the healing process. I use it on acne when it first appears to boost the healing of it.
- differin: I use this everyday to help acne healing and scarring. It works wonders!
- cetaphil: I use this a general face wash almost every day. Once again it's an acne-preventive face wash.
- St. Ives Coffee and Coconut Face Scrub: I used this a few times a week for exfoliating. It's a fairly harsh exfoliant, but it leaves my skin glowing and it smells soooo good!
- by nature Eye Creme: the skin around my eyes seems to dry out every so often, so I use this most days to keep the skin moisturized.

oh, why do you avoid retinol and AHA/BHA? :0 you definitely seem like you know a lot about skincare so i'm very interested to know!
Alpha/beta hydroxy acids just don't vibe well with my skin, more or less. Even those touted as "gentle" have caused an unpleasant reaction, so I use a Diamondbuff tool to exfoliate every 1-2 weeks rather than applying any sort of chemical exfoliant. I've just found it works better for me!

As for retinol, it's another one that just doesn't work well for me, but I'm also iffy on the benefits when compared to the possible risks. The benefits of retinol are easily obtained with gentler products (like bakuchiol) that don't cause the same photosensitivity. Also, and I'll say that there is conflicting data out there about this - retinyl palmitate (earlier form of retinol) has been linked to the formation of cancerous skin tumors. Having dealt with skin cancer once already, I always err on the side of caution and choose more natural or chemical-free products when possible. :)

Alpha/beta hydroxy acids just don't vibe well with my skin, more or less. Even those touted as "gentle" have caused an unpleasant reaction, so I use a Diamondbuff tool to exfoliate every 1-2 weeks rather than applying any sort of chemical exfoliant. I've just found it works better for me!

As for retinol, it's another one that just doesn't work well for me, but I'm also iffy on the benefits when compared to the possible risks. The benefits of retinol are easily obtained with gentler products (like bakuchiol) that don't cause the same photosensitivity. Also, and I'll say that there is conflicting data out there about this - retinyl palmitate (earlier form of retinol) has been linked to the formation of cancerous skin tumors. Having dealt with skin cancer once already, I always err on the side of caution and choose more natural or chemical-free products when possible. :)

thanks so much for explaining to me!! it's always great to learn new things and discuss, i'll definitely keep that in mind about retinol especially, i'm pretty sure i've read it before actually, it just popped in my head when you mentioned it.

thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to me and made recommendations!

My skin is fairly easy to care for, EXCEPT my chin which regains the same freaking pimple if any product so much as grazes it, so I'm extra careful about what I put on my face. Besides water, I use Curel Daily Healing for moisturizer. For makeup removal, I use Cerave cleanser, and for sunscreen I use Australian Gold Botanical Sunscreen SPF 50. None of these products are permitted to touch my chin. :rolleyes:

Back