• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Your skincare!

What abut some vitamins and supplements which are good for your skin? Do you take anything?
I don't personally take anything specifically for skin. But! I've noticed that if I eat really greasy foods, I wake up with some pimples the next day, usually around my mouth or my T zone. I try to keep my diet balanced because of this.

What abut some vitamins and supplements which are good for your skin? Do you take anything?

I only take vitamin D, at my former family doctor's advice (apparently, where I am, we don't get enough of it through mere exposure to sunlight). Overall, I am wary of taking supplements over getting the nutrients from food sources, even though Health Canada regulates them as a sub-set of drugs, though that isn't necessarily the case for other countries.

Perhaps others have experienced this, but I've noticed I get a lot more acne around that time of the month than I did when I was in university (i.e. I'm getting more sleep, exercising more regularly, and eating better all around). I'm not sure what's going on. 🤣

name: xii
age range: 15-20
skin type: it's a combination of dry & oily!! it's usually dry during colder weather, and oily during summer months.
skin concerns: definitely acne, i went to a dermatologist in january and got diagnosed w almost severe acne?? my acne was actually really bad.
skin sensitivity: it's not v sensitive besides the acne but i dont rly break out when i try out new products
other information: n/a!

current products:
in the mornings, i use up&up brand charcoal face wash. i don't do much in the mornings but my night routine is sm more complicated haha. i use a face wash my dermatologist prescribed me, it's sodium sulfacetamide + sulfur cleanser, it's helped sm for my skin. i started using it in february and it cleared up my skin somewhat, but i ended up having to go on doxycycline since the face wash stopped working somehow. the pills cleared my skin fast!! i still use the prescribed face wash just so i dont risk breaking out again. then i use CeraVe moisturizer and it works really good. then i use epiduo forte and it's supposed to help fade the dozen acne scars i have 😖 it's helped a lot tho!! that's all i use. all my stuff is prescribed except the cerave which sucks but hopefully once my skin clears up more, i'll be able to try more products ☺

age range: 25-30
skin type: oily and lacking moisture
skin concerns: acne and scarring, large pores/texture and preventing signs of ageing
skin sensitivity: medium, I don't really break out too much from new products but have a habit of touching/picking my skin especially if I feel uneven texture
other information: I used to get really bad cystic acne but was on a course of roaccutane at the beginning of the year for a couple of months. the course got cut short due to the pandemic but I've just restarted today, so my routine will probably change!

current products:

AM:
- rinse with water (or if I'm particularly oily I'll wash with simple moisturising face wash)
- TO niacinamide
- innisfree green tea serum
- simple light moisturiser
- missha SPF 50+

PM:

- cleanse with oil cleanser (if I've worn makeup or tinted spf)
- wash face with simple moisturising face wash
- apply cerave tub moisturiser

I do also apply a charcoal face mask either weekly or bi-weekly, and occasionally use sheet masks, I used a hydrating one today!
I love skincare and have a million products but I've been doing this routine consistently for a couple of months now and it seems to be working quite well. I find I'm breaking out more because of wearing a mask at work (especially around my chin/mouth area), and have been getting quite a lot of closed comedones on my forehead too.. not sure of the cause exactly but I'm assuming it's stress/diet related. writing this out has also reminded me that I have a retinol serum that I should really reintroduce at some point, maybe after my course of accutane has finished!

Name: Tyler
Age Range: 25-30
Skin Type: Dry
Skin Concerns: Eczema, Sweaty palms
Skin Sensitivity: Medium
Other Information: N/A

Current Products: Carpe for my sweaty hands. Currently has been the best effect so far in reducing the sweat, but it hasn't eliminated the problem completely. I've tried Drysol as prescribed by my doctor but it made my hands really dry and peel. I've also tried Sweat Block, but it didn't do the trick as well as Carpe. Carpe definitely feels the best on my hands and has reduced the problem the most. Looking for other recommendations.

Selsun Blue shampoo for the scalp. I don't really have a dandruff problem, but it is annoying how much gets on my glasses throughout the day so I'm trying to reduce that. Feels really nice and is 2-1 conditioner and shampoo so I don't have to use two separate products.

Lotion wise I kind of just use whatever. I think we have Suave in our bathroom. My eczema problem really only kicks off in the winter. It's not so bad in the Spring/Summer and part of fall.

this is a great video! I love that they mention the bs of topical collagen bc that always bugs me when I see it on a product 🙄

This is a video that I didn't know I needed to exist. XD I'm so glad they filmed it. There is so much misinformation and disinformation in the beauty and health industries. :cautious:

Name: mar
Age range: 25-30
Skin type: Dry
Skin concerns: I struggle with mild rosacea on my face (redness) and eczema on my arms (redness, bumps).
Skin sensitivity: My skin is beyond sensitive. Heavily scented products and anything with remotely harmful chemicals will set my skin off.

There's probably a lot more I could be doing for my skin. 😭 Youth will only help me for so long. I see a few of you struggle with dry skin. Going to try a few of your recommendations!

Routine/Products:
  • Splash water on my face and wash with Cetaphil
  • Avene day cream for redness/dryness. I also use their soothing eye serum to provide relief for my usually tired eyes
At night I'll wash my face and use one of those exfoliation sponges (love these!)

used to be seriously, obsessively into skincare when i was a teenager. i'm 22 now and i only use a gentle cleanser in the morning + some nights (if i'm not too tired to do it), use lip balm when i can, and a gentle moisturizer. 'bout it.

Aaa, I've never really had to take skincare that seriously, I've been blessed with clear skin and no major problems for most of my life. I've taken more of an interest in moisturizer though, since I realised I had some dry patches on my face. It's been more of a concern since I'm 20 now I guess, I didn't care so much when I was younger.

I just use a simple daily moisturizer and it's improved my skin a lot! My face is a lot shinier and glowing now, and the amount of pimples I get has gone down (I didn't get them that often anyway, but now they're much rarer, smaller, and go away within a day or two). I get comments about how good my skin looks now!

One thing I do struggle with is my lips. They go dry and cracked very easily if I don't religiously use lip balm because I have the nasty habit of biting them :cautious:

Bringing this back since I've made a lot of product changes over the last couple months, though my obsession with skincare rages on.

name: Oblivia
age range: 30s
skin type: Normal to dry, with a lot more dryness in the winter months
skin concerns: Moisture and age-preventative maintenance
skin sensitivity: More reactive than sensitive
other information: I avoid anything with AHAs or BHAs, retinol, dimethicone/cyclopentisiloxane or other silicone-derivatives, parabens, or scrubbing agents

current products:
Morning Routine:
  • Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser
  • Dr. Lara Devgan Vitamin C+B+E Ferulic Serum
  • Derm Institute Youth Alchemy Eye Cream
  • Ayuna Cream II - Rich
  • Herbivore Botanicals Phoenix Rosehip Anti-Aging Face Oil

I've been sticking to the above products for the last 4 weeks after a friend recommended the Ayuna cream. The company ethos really vibed with me, so although it was pricey, I decided to splurge on it in hopes it'd somehow be better than what I was already using. I want to say that I noticed a difference in the moisture level of my face around day 5, and by day 14 my skin was noticeably brighter, more glowy (this is without makeup because what even is that during quarantine) and was super soft, even after washing off the product at the end of the day. That alone told me that this cream was affecting my skin on a cellular level, as so many products seem to lose all of their perceived benefits as soon as they're off your skin. My routine as far as application has stayed the same: serum all over face, neck, and eye orbit, eye cream, then face cream. I take 1-2 drops of the oil and pat it on after everything else has soaked in a bit.

Night Routine:
  • Dr. Barbara Sturm Cleanser
  • Dr. Zenovia Skincare Hyaluronic Acid + Peptide Serum
  • Osea Eye Firming Cream
  • Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream OR Crème Ancienne if I feel really dry
  • Biossance Squalane and Vitamin C Rose Oil

The only difference here is the new serum, which I really like. It seems to do a great job of holding in moisture overnight and my skin feels really soft upon waking up in the morning.

favorite products + why:
My favorite of all the new products is the Ayuna cream, by far. Pretty sure I've already covered why up above, but did I mention it also smells amazing?! Yeah, it smells amazing. 😅

skincare feels like such a large and often complex thing with so many reasons and products, meanwhile i'm over here using free samples of skincare products whenever i remember to...

Bringing this back since I've made a lot of product changes over the last couple months, though my obsession with skincare rages on.

name: Oblivia
age range: 30s
skin type: Normal to dry, with a lot more dryness in the winter months
skin concerns: Moisture and age-preventative maintenance
skin sensitivity: More reactive than sensitive
other information: I avoid anything with AHAs or BHAs, retinol, dimethicone/cyclopentisiloxane or other silicone-derivatives, parabens, or scrubbing agents

current products:
Morning Routine:
  • Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser
  • Dr. Lara Devgan Vitamin C+B+E Ferulic Serum
  • Derm Institute Youth Alchemy Eye Cream
  • Ayuna Cream II - Rich
  • Herbivore Botanicals Phoenix Rosehip Anti-Aging Face Oil

I've been sticking to the above products for the last 4 weeks after a friend recommended the Ayuna cream. The company ethos really vibed with me, so although it was pricey, I decided to splurge on it in hopes it'd somehow be better than what I was already using. I want to say that I noticed a difference in the moisture level of my face around day 5, and by day 14 my skin was noticeably brighter, more glowy (this is without makeup because what even is that during quarantine) and was super soft, even after washing off the product at the end of the day. That alone told me that this cream was affecting my skin on a cellular level, as so many products seem to lose all of their perceived benefits as soon as they're off your skin. My routine as far as application has stayed the same: serum all over face, neck, and eye orbit, eye cream, then face cream. I take 1-2 drops of the oil and pat it on after everything else has soaked in a bit.

Night Routine:
  • Dr. Barbara Sturm Cleanser
  • Dr. Zenovia Skincare Hyaluronic Acid + Peptide Serum
  • Osea Eye Firming Cream
  • Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream OR Crème Ancienne if I feel really dry
  • Biossance Squalane and Vitamin C Rose Oil

The only difference here is the new serum, which I really like. It seems to do a great job of holding in moisture overnight and my skin feels really soft upon waking up in the morning.

favorite products + why:
My favorite of all the new products is the Ayuna cream, by far. Pretty sure I've already covered why up above, but did I mention it also smells amazing?! Yeah, it smells amazing. 😅
thank you for sharing your updated routine!! What kind of smell does the ayuna cream have?

the only skincare products i put on my face is a moisturiser and the occasional sunscreen when the sun is too intense when outside

the only skincare products i put on my face is a moisturiser and the occasional sunscreen when the sun is too intense when outside
sunscreen is one of the best things you can do for your skin! <3 that's exactly the same skincare routine I did (moisturizer and sunscreen) until i became a lotion fiend recently.

thank you for sharing your updated routine!! What kind of smell does the ayuna cream have?
I'd describe it as a kinda earthy/herbal with citrus notes. It's definitely unique and I've never smelled anything quite like it!

Right now I'm using these products:
- Origins GinZing refreshing scrub cleanser
- First Aid Beauty glow radiance pads
- Wishful honey balm belly moisturizer
- Youth to the People super berry hydrate + glow dream mask
- The Ordinary's "B" oil

I haven't had a pimple in literal months but I have 1-2 right now and I only just recently started the Wishful honey balm moisturizer, so I'm wondering if that is the culprit. Wishful stuff is heavily fragranced and that's not usually my preference. Like, it's HEAVILY fragranced. Their Yo Glow enzyme scrub is supposed to be really good though.

name: mai
age range: 18-22
skin type: dry!
skin concerns: hyperpigmentation and sometimes pimples!
skin sensitivity: not very sensitive ig

currently, my skin care routine is splashing water on my face and putting on type of mask (every three days) that my mom bought from walmart.
i don't know that much about skincare so i'm trying to research before 2021 so i can get my health back on track. if anyone has any tips on how to get into skincare/what products i should look for, i'd appreciate it! <3

not entirely sure how to do this but here goes

Name: Rosie
Age range: 13-16
Skin type: Mixed -
it looks like it's dry and can indeed get super dry but it's also incredibly oily. i can rub my finger against my nose and then draw on the mirror with the grease left behind (ok... that's kinda gross)
Skin concerns: dryness and blackheads, i rarely get pimples thankfully
Skin sensitivity: moderately sensitive

~~Routine~~
I wash my face twice a day - in the morning and in the night (unless i forget... heck, i think i forgot this morning ;-;). if i'm in the mood then i'll use some Up and Up oil-free acne wash, which so far has worked to reduce the size of my blackheads and from blackheads appearing. I put a thin lair of that on and wash it off with warm water, and then i put some CeraVe face moisturizer on, which helps my face look -young- and -babyish- (kinda?)

soo yeah. it works ig. my face looks good anyway so >:)

Back