• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Your First Videogame

My first was the original Kirby game on gameboy.
I STILL own it and it STILL works. :blush:

My first video game was The Legend of Zelda, my first video game that I didn't share with my siblings was Pok?mon: Silver Version

My grandfather bought me a gameboy and tetris was the first I have ever played. Ahhh memories.

I got Bubble Bobble and Super Mario Bros. with my NES back in 91 for Christmas. I technically played Bubble Bobble first, so I guess Bubble Bobble was my first game.

Last edited:
I think my first game was sonic the hedgehog for the sega genisis way back in the day

I don't remember the first one I got, but the first one I played were Rayman 2 the Great Escape.
Wish they had continued making good rayman games instead of the ******** rabbits, the new 2 rayman games were okaY, but nothing beats the style of the great escape.

Hmm, I think it was Duke Nukem 1 for PC, back in the day. If not Duke, then it was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. The ones that were on those big, flat, ugly 5 inch floppy disks.

oooh yes, we had those too, lol. I can't even remember which ones anymore.

We also had Atari & NES. On Atari, I remember Lemmings, Paperboy, and something with a ball and ramps idk. For NES, it was Final Fantasy, Super Mario Bros., Baseball, Skate or Die, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles that I can remember off the top of my head.

I couldn't pinpoint exactly which was the first bc it was so long ago and I was so young, lol.

either rayman, spyro or crash bandicoot. i did have a dreamcast but i don't remember ever playing it.

My gaming life began when I was about 3/4; my dad purchased a Playstation 1 in 1997 along with Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider 2 (and every Tomb Raider henceforth) - these were my first games. I used to watch my dad play and then play myself and subsequently cry with frustration when I fell down a black hole in Crash Bandicoot.

Also; media: take note - I played a game with guns and I am not on the streets killing people or in gangs (although admittedly, it did have pretty terrible graphics and not at all as lifelike as some these days... but still!)

Last edited:
Either the Flinstones for the SMS/Genesis or Super Mario Kart for the SNES.

Last edited:
By memory, my first video game was Duck hunt on the Nintendo NES. It could have been another one but I don't remember it, it was some creepy game with stone corridors lol

wolfenstein2.gif

What a classic, my dad got me playing this when I was like 7

I completed Wind Waker when I was eight, that's the first game I completed ( ? ▽ ` )ノ though I used to play Sonic and Mario Bros. 2 and 4 for hours when I was about five or six.

Super Mario Sunshine, or Luigi's Mansion. I forgot which one...
Either way I loved playing them when I was 5 <3

Pong, Wario Land 3, Pok?mon Red and maybe some more together with my Gameboy Color

Back