• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Yoshi's Woolly World

No, the game and amiibo don't even take up half the space in the box.. They could've easily put the game directly behind the amiibo, and then made the box long and thin, but for some reason they made it into some massive cube?

And the yarn yoshi amiibo aren't even that much bigger than the figure amiibo. Their boxes are actually smaller than the smash ones, so it's nothing to do with the size of the amiibo itself.

I honestly didn't see the packaging myself, I just noticed the difference between the yarn yoshi amiibo size compared to all other amiibos

I honestly didn't see the packaging myself, I just noticed the difference between the yarn yoshi amiibo size compared to all other amiibos

Ye IK, and it doesn't really bother me either I just think it's dumb they made the box so big

well big boxes for big things, they purposely made the yarn yoshie amiibos big to make them look more like plush toys than figurines

Woolly.jpg

But yea, it's more clear what I mean there about 'wasted space'.

Like I said, I'm not actually bothered about big needless boxes (the box is rather nice actually), it's more that I loved getting instruction manuals to look through but they've been 'phased out' to reduce waste...So when something like this comes along with a lot of waste yet I don't get a nice instruction manual to look through it irritates me more than it should.

Yea, he is bigger but the box is the same size. He just kinda fills it xD

Last edited:
^ wow, it's much worse that I imagined! the mario party bundled with amiibo looked very neat I wonder why they didn't stick to that

but it's just a box so who cares?

Like I said, I'm not actually bothered about big needless boxes (the box is rather nice actually), it's more that I loved getting instruction manuals to look through but they've been 'phased out' to reduce waste...So when something like this comes along with a lot of waste yet I don't get a nice instruction manual to look through it irritates me more than it should.

I remember opening mine up, and I hadn't opened the flap on the side the game was on all the way, so I was staring into this big empty box like "WHERE MA GAME" then I opened the flap a lil bit more and was like "fml"

but it's just a box so who cares?

Me ; - ;

I'm keeping the box though. I opened the Amiibo really carefully so I could put the box back in. Though I don't know why because now it just looks like somebody stole the Amiibo...Not sure what I was trying to achieve there.

I remember opening mine up, and I hadn't opened the flap on the side the game was on all the way, so I was staring into this big empty box like "WHERE MA GAME" then I opened the flap a lil bit more and was like "fml"

I did the exact same thing. It actually took me longer to work it out though. I started looking through the other box to see if it was in there.

I felt so stupid...

Last edited:
Me ; - ;

I'm keeping the box though. I opened the Amiibo really carefully so I could put the box back in. Though I don't know why because now it just looks like somebody stole the Amiibo...Not sure what I was trying to achieve there.

I did the exact same thing. It actually took me longer to work it out though. I started looking through the other box to see if it was in there.

I felt so stupid...

ah the tease, THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT HERE YET! who cares about the box, I just want ma game, boo :'C

Yea, he is bigger but the box is the same size. He just kinda fills it xD
I always thought the box looked a little too big XD

probably the same reason why NA got most main series Pokemon games months before EU got the, pre XY, why NA got NL and ORAS a week before Europe, like NA is getting HHD a week before Europe, and why NA got CF 4 days before Japan and 2/3 weeks before EU????

I think Xenoblade X is getting released here before Europe, I guess to make up for waiting 2 years for it to come over?

I think Xenoblade X is getting released here before Europe, I guess to make up for waiting 2 years for it to come over?
don't think so. i googled it and it says dec 4th for NA and december 2015 for PAL, so yea, it'll most likely be before, but it'll only be a few weeks at most, which is pretty tolerable. i do think the wait between release for yarn yoshi in PAL and NA is stupid but you can't really do anything about it.

I want the Pok?mon Amiibo compatible tho
they are compatible they just dont give you a pokemon skin, they just give you a green yoshi with an amiibo t-shirt (same with every amiibo that doesn't have a yoshi skin)

MlWA77tuRO0O-cWoKr

also for my own reference and in case people are interested, im gonna list the yoshi amiibo skins below, i beleive it has every skin for all released amiibo so far;

MlWA77ttQV81I6eObQ
MlWA77ttFoMMe94kf4
MlWA77tuARAkZemJnb
MlWA77tusrUSUOPkwN
MlWA77tsfr8DRTqUgu
MlWA77tvELIgugzf_I
MlWA77tuXkglxLgZ0p
MlWA77tuhnIE-9AJsr
MlWA77tsx6I6myxs8K
MlWA77tt5LQRYU6do8
MlWA77tuciQlUO9FsY
MlWA77tuf4UsBiPhaX
MlWA77t2Bz8FzXxye0
MlWA77t9zt0fmlp1ZJ
MlWA77twjOcx9K18j3
MlWA77twzZog_CI7wg
MlWA77t8hz8bNRa1CW
MlWA77t43A8sE9O96E
MlWA77tw7k8uyjXmrk
MlWA77t-7xkjnF_Y2A
MlWA77t-SU0L7RV0Gg
MlWA77tuQo8MYAxN7C
MlWA77t_xhsiZDluzH
MlWA77t1_SID4f1hdB
MlWA77t2DekX2lDfUU
sooFmrF.png
2Y6Sejj.png
mdWeXxZ.png
9KvISTk.png
dbqt0Qa.png
hpCwCV7.png
cVWP7Sg.png
o9hGG0V.png
3AL1Q9B.png
DdBE9Ie.png
67qnbQq.png
yt70V2A.png
KlxJfRp.png
MlWA77t9ukgM4bRonA
CIRIkUAWsAAoM3F.jpg:large
MlWA77t8JMwDymhTXp

Last edited:
don't think so. i googled it and it says dec 4th for NA and december 2015 for PAL, so yea, it'll most likely be before, but it'll only be a few weeks at most, which is pretty tolerable. i do think the wait between release for yarn yoshi in PAL and NA is stupid but you can't really do anything about it.

I just saw that we get a LOT earlier indeed, it is out now! I did not know that it was october for US :eek: But on the other hand, US gets most of the games earlier. (Except for HUGE titles like Mario Kart and Splatoon obviously, they get released on the same day as the other regions)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just saw that we get a LOT earlier indeed, it is out now! I did not know that it was october for US :eek: But on the other hand, US gets most of the games earlier. (Except for HUGE titles like Mario Kart and Splatoon obviously, they get released on the same day as the other regions)

Oh and Meta and Dedede costumes look awesome, so sad that i do not have any of these two... T-T

oops just bought king dedede amiibo for the yoshi skin

It's stupid how Australia gets it today, but NA gets it in Mid-October.

australia got it yesterday

but yea i think this is like maybe one of the worst release line ups i can remember for a nintendo game

EU/AU get it late June
JPN gets is mid July
NA gets is mid October

its pretty dumb

so.. NA wants to know if you guys are enjoying the game...

- - - Post Merge - - -

and i love that yoshi skin, cant wait to use my yoshi amiibo to get it

and i love that yoshi skin, cant wait to use my yoshi amiibo to get it

How do you even get it? I guess the yarn amiibo won't work and the Smash Amiibo apparently does nothing. Does it need to be the SMW Yoshi?

I'm ordering it when I get paid anyway but it's a little odd if it specifically that Yoshi Amiibo.

Last edited:
The thing is, ESRB already rated this game, so it could have been easily released this month to make up for the summer drought. Can someone explains why is Nintendo obsessed deserting the early summer with nearly no worthy games in America?

I believe Nintendo has delayed the game because they need to put out some more store exclusive amiibo before the game is due...

Back