• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Wuthering Waves

Yanrima~

History-loving Princess
Bells
Golden Salmonid Egg
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Shooting Star
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Blue Star Fragment
Opalescent Crystal
Blue Rosewater Potion
Enchanted Bloom
Blue Rosewater Potion
Opalescent Crystal
I've decided to make a discussion thread regarding this soon-to-be released free to play open world action game since no one here has made it yet. Here's the trailer for now:

Edit: going to put the gameplay footage here.

The gameplay itself steers towards fast paced action combat in the similar vein to DmC and Nier: Automata unlike other open world games. The game hasn't been released yet but you can preload the game.

I'm not sure if everyone else here is interested in playing it. But I'm certainly interested in playing the game once it's released.

Last edited:
After wasting so much of my life on Genshin and mostly regretting it outside of the multiplayer I don’t think I’ll be trying another free to play anime style game again. It’s hard to get a good impression of the trailer posted here since it doesn’t look like it’s showing any gameplay.

After wasting so much of my life on Genshin and mostly regretting it outside of the multiplayer I don’t think I’ll be trying another free to play anime style game again. It’s hard to get a good impression of the trailer posted here since it doesn’t look like it’s showing any gameplay.
There are couple of gameplay videos but the game is only accessed by few especially when the devs are still trying to tweak it from the beta versions.

There are couple of gameplay videos but the game is only accessed by few especially when the devs are still trying to tweak it from the beta versions.
this looks really interesting.. the gameplay looks quite similar to genshin, which ive been playing for years, and the aesthetic kinda reminds me of honkai star rail, which i started playing recently and have been obsessing over.. if i hear good things about it once it releases i may give it a try

This game looks like it could be a lot of fun, I'm just bummed because I don't think that I have any memory on my PS5 to play it because I have such huge games on it loaded already (like Genshin Impact). I love the character designs, the story seems kind of interesting though I am not sure how smart it is of me to get hooked on another gatcha game. If I had a way to have more space in my PS5 or whatever I'd probably totally play it.

I'll for sure watch people who are streaming it so I can live vicariously through them.

Based on the above videos, I'm not really interested in it. It looks way too similar to Genshin and HSR, and I have the strong fear that it's not going to be fun because of the supposed upped difficulty. Maybe people who want more of a challenge will love it, but not me. I'm more looking forward to the release of Zenless Zone Zero.

EDIT: Going to try it anyway just to see if it's any good.

Last edited:
Very excited to play when I get back to my house c:

I have a feeling I'm really going to enjoy it! All of my friends have been excited about it, so tbh.. joining the hype train xD

I finally booted up the game and finished the basic tutorial. Did some beginner pulls and I'm pretty much happy with the results. Been wanting Aalto along with that other guy since I've watched the open beta gameplay videos.
Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Maybe I'll try it out if it ever comes to PS5. Seems like an okay game but gatcha games usually get a lot of hype and then fizzle out

was following this game for a while. pre-installed it and everything but haven't had a chance to actually play yet. probably will right now, but unfortunately i've heard the launch hasn't been very smooth... apparently there's a lot of bugs/glitches, performance issues, especially on mobile, textboxes cutting off dialogue etc. hopefully i don't run into too much of that on pc.

Okay, I'm REALLY glad I gave this game a chance because it's been super fun so far and the gameplay has been solid. While it does have some bugs that need to be sorted out, I can definitely see it as a serious contender against Genshin Impact. Right now my team is Jiyan, Jianxin, and Verina and I'm currently union level 9. Fun fact: Jianxin was my first five star in the game, and I got her not once, but twice!

I was hesitant to try and download it on my computer since it does not have the best video card/ram that Wuthering Waves but I did it anyway because I really do have bad FOMO. I also don't want to miss out on any of the bonuses that are happening with the first week of the game and all that. The game runs alright on my computer it doesn't have the best graphics and it does get pixelated at points but I'm okay with that. I'm really excited for it to be on the PS5 but there is no date yet announced for it so I will play it on my computer until then.

I've been playing it and I like it more than Genshin tbh. It is alot of fun. And I almost like it just as much as the playloop in a mmo digimon game that I love. Also, there is still a redemption code still active for the game, WUTHERINGGIFT
My spouse has been talking about this game for months and months, so we got in on it as soon as possible. I think the Echos are fun and neat. But I am really loving the characters.

Character names, element, and weapon description ahead if this is something that bothers you.

I am enjoying using Lingyang as my five star beyond Rover, our starter. I still have the ability to get one more 5 Star via the Voucher of Reciprocal Tides, but I am still undecided who to pick. Luckily I have plenty of time since it doesn't expire for a year.
Though, the logical choice is Verina, I just don't care for her that much. I would rather have a different element I think. But who knows when another 5 star healer will come along? Unfortunately she isn't one I am able to try out in a tutorial thingy.. It would be nice if I could, because I may end up being fine with using her.
I thought about Jianxin as I don't know much about her but I think I would rather work on mastering Aalto, who I have, instead for Aero element tbh for now. I feel like gunmen are really helpful in this game for the time being. I wonder if they will ever add other long range projectile characters in the future? Arrows would be cool.
I am curious about Encore but very unsure of Encore's play style. But I was thinking Encore may go well with Taoqi. And I am heavily leaning towards Encore because of that... but I need to try and figure out if she is someone I will actually like using. Luckily my spouse has her so, I could see about trying her out in the tutorial when he is on next.
So, Encore or Verina for me is what it is looking like.
Calcharo is a good choice if you are planning on aiming for Yinlin who comes out later Jun 12 in the Thunder Pours Event. She boosts Electro and is 5 star. So you could have two 5 Stars on your team if you can handle both play style skills though they will both be Electro types. You can use Yuanwu (obtain though Rumbling Hollows event) in your team as well until an electro healer comes along. The event would be beneficial to participate in regardless as you could get wavebands for the characters you already have. So you may end up with characters and wavebands you are wanting anyway... if you have enough Lustrous Tide or Astrite to transfer into Lustrous Tide. I think I am going to save my Astrite for Radient Tide. There may be a character one day that I really like that only accepts Radiant Tide. You can farm Astrite in the Depths of Illusive Realm right now. There is only about a month left on that event.

Of the 4 stars I have and plan on working on,
>Baizhi until I find a healer in the future that I like more.
>I am using Chixia as she is the only gunman I enjoyed playing with and I do well with her honestly. I want to always have her on hand.
>I also have Taoqi which is a broadblade and I liked trying her out in the tutorial for her. I think she could be fun to use in battle. And she already has a waveband unlocked.
>I would like to eventually get around to Sanhua after Baizhi is fully upgraded or out of the picture since they are both Glacio along with Lingyang also being Glacio. I don't think I need that many Glacios, at least for a while. It is nice that this game allows you to set up multiple teams so you can make a quick team switch. But Sanhua is fun.
--
I am curious about Danjin and I do have her, but I don't know if I will ever actually use her. She has a fluctuation of HP and power during play to put it in one sentence from my understanding. She does have an additional blade that comes out during attack animation which is cool. I would be curious to hear from others about this character and what they think of her as they get her stuff unlocked.

Update: I've found out three teams I'm probably going to end up using, which are

Jiyan/Mortefi/Verina
Encore/Sanhua/Baizhi
Calcharo/Yinlin/Jinhsi (if she ends up being a healer)

Also holy cow, Jiyan and Mortefi do amazing damage together if built right. Also, remember to farm echoes daily if you're playing this game. I can't stress that enough. You can have good stats on echoes, but if you don't have the right sets, it doesn't really matter.

Also, apparently Jianxin is the Kazuha role in this game in that she can be paired with anyone aside from Jiyan.

I'm currently Union Level 36 and progressing through the game along with a good buddy of mine. Best wishes to everyone with your pulls once Yinlin arrives! 🎉

I FINALLY GOT JIYAN!!
I've been playing since it's release. Took me 80 pulls to lose to Calcharo about a week ago,,, then... TODAY?!

image.png

2.png

I'M LITERALLY SO HAPPY!!! I've wanted him since the game went live.. AND I DIDN'T HAVE TO SPEND A DIME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I am OVER the moon right now 😭

So, I think my favorite character so far is Taoqi.
I just wish she wasn't in such a disadvantage during time based quests.
And I decided to not go for Yinlin and just continue to save my currency for the time being. Her story quest was interesting and I liked the thought that was put in its development. It's tempting to pull on her banner though.

I've managed to reach Union Level 44 just now, which means I need just one more level to get a free standard 5* weapon and 1,000 Astrites. Ngl, I'll probably end up using it on the broadblade for Calcharo since I have him, but no good weapon for him.

This game so far has everything to be honest. Great characters, great story, great combat. The characters are more fleshed out than Genshin's, the story is better than Genshin in some aspects, and the combat is as well. Hell, even the exploration is more fun and makes me want to try and 100% the entire map. Definitely excited for the future of this game and what it could potentially have in store for us. 🥳

BvDsbnz.jpg

Back