WoW FPS Help.

Mr. L

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
Bells
So, I installed WoW and got it up to date and everything, only problem is it runs like 8 FPS. I tried everything, lowering the display options to low, defraging my hard disk, even setting my windows vista to look all *censored.2.0*ty so it claims it'll run faster, but it doesn't.

And please don't say "buy a new graphics card" because I''m pretty tight on cash right now.

FarrenTheRobot said:
Are you running fullscreen?
Because usually things run better for me when in a window.
I'll try running it in windowed form.

Sorry, but you might have to buy a new graphics card since the FPS is so low. The graphics card would be the number one problem in this. What kind of graphics card do you have? Also, don't know if this would affect it much, but Windows Vista isn't really that good. It's been known to cause lower performances on games, especially older ones.

Was up to 18 FPS in windowed for like 15 seconds, then sadly went down again.

I suppose I'll try to update the drivers online or whatever you call it.

I know you don't want this answer, but you're gonna need a better rig.
What are your specs?

WoW's just finished maintenance, aswell as still suffering from the bugs of the major 4.0.1 patch, not sure about the US servers but the EU servers have been going down today to apply bug fixes due to FPS loss and such.

My guess is that it's just WoW, as I had severely low FPS earlier when I usually get 60FPS. Just wait until tomorrow or something.

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0
System Model: HP Pavillion dv6500 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 (2CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Chip Type: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

Jas0n said:
WoW's just finished maintenance, aswell as still suffering from the bugs of the major 4.0.1 patch, not sure about the US servers but the EU servers have been going down today to apply bug fixes due to FPS loss and such.

My guess is that it's just WoW, as I had severely low FPS earlier when I usually get 60FPS. Just wait until tomorrow or something.
Well, hopefully WoW is the problem for what I am suffering from.

Back