• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Would you pay for DLC?

Would you pay for DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 130 82.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yes and more for their hard work

The hard work was the game.

You can't advocate to pay them more, it's ludacris.

Not every AC player has an abundance of wealth. They work hard to save money for the console, the game, and accessories.

They don't need to be overcharged further because nintendo keeps reading mindless statements of people saying "YEAH, bring on whatever you want, because we'll pay for it!!!"

People are already paying enough for it.

The hard work was the game.

You can't advocate to pay them more, it's ludacris.

Not every AC player has an abundance of wealth. They work hard to save money for the console, the game, and accessories.

They don't need to be overcharged further because nintendo keeps reading mindless statements of people saying "YEAH, bring on whatever you want, because we'll pay for it!!!"

People are already paying enough for it.

Ok, then lets go back to the days when games didn't get updates. Nintendo should add the updates, and then never again.

Forgive me for wanting more of games I love. I wish ACNL had gotten more support, so I would have had more to play.

I pay for dinner. Wow, it was good. Maybe I might want a dessert, should it be free because I bought dinner? Unlimited desserts because I paid for dinner once?

Last edited:
Yep, if it was quality dlc that I'm interested in, like a new island for a private home, a spa or a city etc.

Ok, then lets go back to the days when games didn't get updates. Nintendo should add the updates, and then never again.

Forgive me for wanting more of games I love. I wish ACNL had gotten more support, so I would have had more to play.

I pay for dinner. Wow, it was good. Maybe I might want a dessert, should it be free because I bought dinner? Unlimited desserts because I paid for dinner once?

I paid for a full course meal. :)

I'm not saying never.
I'm saying not monthly, or even yearly, and if it is worth it.

But to deliberately withhold something the game has previously had, or to not put it in the game right away, seems sneaky to me.

Anyway... we'll see what happens down the line.

When I bought BotW, I expected a complete game, and ended up getting way more than that. When they released DLC, I bought it, because I wondered what else they could do.

If/when DLC is available for AC:NH, I hope it's at a point where I wonder what more could they do, and not, it's about time.

I paid for a full course meal. :)

I'm not saying never.
I'm saying not monthly, or even yearly, and if it is worth it.

But to deliberately withhold something the game has previously had, or to not put it in the game right away, seems sneaky to me.

Anyway... we'll see what happens down the line.

Nintendo does well with dlc, I wouldn’t doubt them

i would resent that ac has come to paid dlc but would pay for it nonetheless since i'll get so much use out of the game

It depends on what it is. I could go for projects based on other games. Like what if Nintendo announced the town clock from Clock Town in Majora's Mask, I could go for that.

It'd have to be pretty damn good content for it to be paid. We didn't have paid DLC in New Leaf ? and we even got a new area in that game ? and we shouldn't in New Horizons, unless it's a considerable amount.

That being said, I will just so I'll have the full game.

only if it were to add a lot of new futures - i wouldn?t pay if it was just for some furniture or clothing.

Back