• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Would you go into the game blind?

I went in completely blind with New Leaf. I didn't know anything about how anything worked. I only knew it was real time based. It turned out well and I loved it. I played it for 3 to 5 months before finding Bell Tree.

I think if people came in completely blind here, they would be pretty pleased if they like this type of game. But if they preferred Call of Duty or Halo or something similar and tried any Animal Crossing blind, they would have a 50/50 chance if liking or hating. And if they didn't like it, then that's OK. Not every game is for every person.

Edit: wait, this is an old thread? Darn. Why are so many threads being necro'd recently?

i definitely prefer to go into AC games blind. for me it just makes them more fun. i did hear a lot about how good acnh is and i had high expectations of it,, but when i started playing i was kinda disappointed. i like acnh a lot but there's so much they could've done better, coming to this game from new leaf. so yeah i wish i went in totally blind just so i wouldn't be as disappointed and just because i like doing it with AC games.

I wanted to avoid resetting as much as possible so I tried to look up info some info about the first few days on the island. I did not spoil myself that much though. I think I only looked up how to build the museum as early as possible, and I learned that the starting villagers will always be an Uchi and a Jock.

I definitely looked into things before starting New Horizons, which I hadn't done with any of the previous iterations. There still ended up being a bunch of things that I had no idea of—mainly the beach rocks, dock size, native flower, peninsula, and sister fruit. Thankfully, I lucked out on all of those things and got what I would have rerolled for had I initially known. My island seemed meant to be anyway when I realized my sister fruit was pears as I either wanted cherries or pears as my native fruit and cherries were my natives.

I did dive into New Horizons blind because I didn't know anything about AC having never played one of the games and I didn't know much about video games in general at all. It was frustrating at times but it was also fun to discover unexpected things in ACNH. It has many really good features.

Yeah, when I first played NH in March 2020 I went into the game blind and tried to avoid spoilers before hand. Even after starting the game I tried to resist reading tips and tricks about the gameplay and instead tried to discover them for myself, at least for the first 1-3 months.

Back