• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Splatoon Worst Salmon Run Teams?

Hydra is one of my least fav weapons, maybe up there with the Dynamo. 'Nore' always try to bully me whenever I get them since she likes using those bigger Splatings and Dynamos, lol.

Oh great job! You were able to finish somehow :) Flyfish. I hate it when they spawn on that part in Lost Outpost where there are grills that you can barely submerge in ink. It feels awkward to throw a bomb coming from the side lol and that usually happens at the start. Also in Salmonid Smokeyard during hightide when there are tons of them spawning on the other side then your teammates deal with them and stay there almost the whole time (pretty sure they'll end up dying). That's a guaranteed 'that's a wrap!' xD

Oh yeah I agree, I cannot use Dynamo rollers either lol. It's painful using it because you move so slowly ugh xD

Salmonoid Smokeyard is a kinda awkward stage on high tide. I don't know how many times I've accidentally killed someone by taking off on platforms without someone xD I'm not very considerate of my teammates lol. I try to take more note of that now haha.

I was playing last night and I think I became the worst teammate. There was a few games where the team was on Wave 3 and I didn't realise until it was too late that I was the only one alive. I tried to revive my teammates but ended up getting swamped by enemies. Oops, rip whoever was playing with me last night :(

The worst thing ever is when you get stuck with three members of the same clan and they just flat out ignore you. A few nights ago I was playing SR and I got stuck with three people from some kind of clan. I don't associate myself with any clans, so I was just flat out awkward.

Anyway, at the beginning of the run, they were squidbagging (octobagging? they were all Octolings), which wasn't bad, as my teams usually do that before a wave starts... but they didn't stop. They just kept bagging and mashing the "Booyah!" button. Then, they just kinda went off in threes. Usually, my teams go off in twos...but they just kinda left me. Then, it was apparently my fault whenever they all got splatted and left me to fend off all of the Steelheads and Steel Eels.

Didn't realize that I've rescued my teammates 10000+ times already lol it's not really an accomplishment or anything but yeah, I've been playing too much SR, I guess.

25gz3h4.jpg

I just realize that people on salmon run are better now.
I been meeting good players who actually knows how to play the game and they do not keep on dying.

i rarely ever play salmon run with randoms. it's rare for us to lose that way and i almost always lose with a random lobby
in terms of weapons i hate playing salmon run with ones that have a speed penalty, like the tenta brella

people who pick up eggs, but then never go back to the basket.... they just sit in the thick of the onslaught and kill salmonids.

LIKE DO YOU GET THE POINT OF THIS GAME
so it ends up I always move the most golden eggs, like last time I played, we had like 65 and I had contributed 28

then I stand at the basket spamming "This Way" but they don't get it

- - - Post Merge - - -

they run out at the start of like Marooner's bay and kill a scrapper right as it comes out. When it is so much easier to transport eggs if you let them come to you by the basket then splat em.

This is kinda unrelated, but SR's grading system is absolute rubbish. Sometimes I find people with offensive names and don't want to play with them. So, I found one today and dropped out before the match started. The "time to go to work!" Didn't even display. It penalized me.

I lost a rank (was at profreshinal) because 3 of 4 people disconnected...leaving me to fend for myself...and that bear docked my pay and rank...that wasn't fair at all and mocks that because i got no eggs and that i should read the manual...maybe you should not dock me when i'm the only one standing....

A week ago, I had quite often the problem that we always lost our 4th member, either the games starts with only three players (including me) or we lost one in the middle of it. One time, the game starts and it was only me and another person, of course two people doesn't come far, especially when you get surrounded by the enemies pretty quick and has no chance to get the eggs to the basket. I also had a few times the
problem to play with others who either jokes around and doesn't take it serious or they don't know what to do. It's really frustrating sometimes...

Last edited:
Okay now these days I'm with really bad teammates.
these teammates always don't know how to make it through one round and they only do because of me cause i'm the only one who really knows how to stay alive.
That's it I'm only doing salmon run when grizzco has a new clothing to unlock in salmon run.

Tbh, I hate playing with randoms on Overachiever or early Profreshional rank. Sometimes I play with my girlfriend and she doesn't play as much so her rank hovers around Overachiever to Prof 100. I'd end up as "support" if she goes down. Obviously, I have no problem with her since I'm just a few distance away to communicate with her, but gosh even with Japanese teammates. It's not always a guarantee or I'd always feel confident that we'd finish the wave. People don't know how to strategize. Wait for the Scrappers, Steel Eels and Steelheads to come near the basket and don't just go at them head on at the start or try to kill Stingers then end up dying because you're using a slow weapon. Let the ones with faster weapons handle them (or use Stingray/Inkjet if too many). Speaking of weapons, please know your roles and priority. If you're using a Sploosh or a Dapple Dualies, your priority is to take out Stingers then pretty much any other bosses except Steelhead unless you're on Salmonid Smokeyard lol. Try to be familiar with your weapon's range. Chargers aren't hard to use in SR with little practice. I suck using chargers in Turf lol but they are one of my favorite weapons in SR. Also, learn to properly kill a Maw especially at higher ranks by throwing a bomb not just shooting them. I'm okay with people dying as long they're putting the eggs when they're alive not just there trying to kill the bosses (then end up dying again) and not depositing the egg. I always like to maintain my rank at least around 400 for the next set.

Last edited:
Tbh, I hate playing with randoms on Overachiever or early Profreshional rank.
Oops that me ��

It really sucks being a support. I've sunk to 40p on Profreshional since I have been playing with people with lower ranks and just went on a losing streak lol. I'm usually around 100p which isn't that high anyway, but still it makes me feel anxious because I can easily slip below Profreshional again.

Playing with friends is so much better though because at least you all know how to play the game properly and know how to communicate lol. The worst thing is people who don't communicate. Like seriously, please call out "this way" if you need help defeating bosses or collecting eggs, otherwise you just end up wasting time wondering around trying to find where the bosses are. It ain't that hard but people on lower ranks just don't do it lol. One of my friends is on part-timer, one is a go-getter and one is an overachiever, so I literally am the support by reviving them all the time xD

Oops that me ��

It really sucks being a support. I've sunk to 40p on Profreshional since I have been playing with people with lower ranks and just went on a losing streak lol. I'm usually around 100p which isn't that high anyway, but still it makes me feel anxious because I can easily slip below Profreshional again.

Playing with friends is so much better though because at least you all know how to play the game properly and know how to communicate lol. The worst thing is people who don't communicate. Like seriously, please call out "this way" if you need help defeating bosses or collecting eggs, otherwise you just end up wasting time wondering around trying to find where the bosses are. It ain't that hard but people on lower ranks just don't do it lol. One of my friends is on part-timer, one is a go-getter and one is an overachiever, so I literally am the support by reviving them all the time xD

haha well pretty much you're an exception and not just "random" to me :p I mean, I'm talking about when playing Freelance and for the most part, I've been getting Japanese teammates. Maybe, it's just me expecting a lot from them haha. My family only plays until they reach 1200p for the prizes then I'll be all alone, grinding up to 10000-15000p, so let's say in a day, SR is pretty much what I only do xD Oh yeah I can relate haha like you, (I think or maybe) I have a knack at surviving and reviving people so I try to act as support trying to keep everyone alive if I can, so I don't mind if they die often as long as they're putting the eggs whenever they can.

I've been into 10 Hazard Level Max today playing Freelance and luckily beaten eight of them. So many people getting Profresh 600+ today (all Grizzco weapon rotation on Spawning Grounds).

Last edited:
I feel as if sometimes it's not the people, but the weapons, too. On the rotation that master.leor mentioned above, so many times my team got stuck with all sloshers or sloshers and chargers. The sloshers are ridiculously slow and both consume massive ink. My team played well, but so many Boss Salmonids showed up that we could hardly react.

There was one time I was just playing salmon run on my own...
And the game just literally put me alone and since in survived the first wave it took me out 10 points in the second way either way :/
Like I wish they fix that issue that long time ago
To not play it alone ever again

Ok aside from that
While I was an overachiever
I had 2 people.... who were just squid jumping and booyah all and just grab eggs they see...while the other was a charge and was taking so long time to shoot because he did not know how to use a sniper weapon :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

All this happens months ago
Like in June or july

Geez, just reading this makes me extremely happy that I haven't done Salmon Run in ages. This sounds horrible.

You can't expect everyone to be on the same page when Nintendo's idea of people communicating is to download an app and call them. If this game has some way to talk or even type on the game without the use of an outside source it'd be easier for teammates.

Here and there, I had the bad luck to get teams where the other members are either kinda lazy or
realizing the situaiton not fast enough. Like, when all team members are splatted except for that
one person who not listen to the 'Help!' from the others at all and also gets splatted before saving
the rest of the team. Sucks a lot when this happens.

I feel as if sometimes it's not the people, but the weapons, too. On the rotation that master.leor mentioned above, so many times my team got stuck with all sloshers or sloshers and chargers. The sloshers are ridiculously slow and both consume massive ink. My team played well, but so many Boss Salmonids showed up that we could hardly react.

100% agree with this. I also had the feeling sometimes that my team is actually good, but they can't
handle the weapons. Like, it's not their fault, it's the fault of SR and the selction of weapons, which
sometimes is in fact so ridiculous and the worst. I admit, I struggle myself with this problem most of
time and I kinda feel bad in that moment when I get splatted and yell for help so often because I
can't deal with the weapon at all and don't get any enemies down.

Also, those slow and massive ink consuming weapons (like the sloshers) sucks so much. I hate when
there is a SR which has such weapons in the selction. I don't even bother with SR in that time because
I know I'm gonna lose with these dumb weapons.

Back