• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Buying Woo hoo! Got 'em! Thank you, Sakura625! Pokemon in Ultra Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valzed

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Bells
Switch
2305-9568-2503
Island
Amity
Spectral Preserves
Raven Wings Potion
Shadow Kitty Plush
Gourdy
Opalescent Crystal
Gleaming Butterfly Spirit
Black Famous Mushroom
Quirky Doll
Spirit Candy: Wix
Purple Bat Potion
Feedback
99.8% (623) +
Hi! I feel I must warn you that I am a Pokemon game newbie.
I?ve only ever played a little bit of Y and I did play Detective Pikachu.
If you choose to continue on, just remember ? you were warned.

In Detective Pikachu I met and fell in love with Mimikyu. After googling Mimikyu and finding out it was in Pokemon Moon & Ultra Moon I asked for Ultra Moon for Mother?s Day.
Luckily my son likes me and I now have UM.

I have zero knowledge of generations, abilities, Pokeball types, etc.
All I know is which Pokemon I?d like to have.

I?m looking to buy at least 1 Mimikyu but I?d also like to buy any and all shark type Pokemon that are available in Ultra Moon. I recently heard of one that may be called Sharpedo. (The person I was speaking with wasn?t 100% sure though.) Depending on the price I may be interested in a Shiny Mimikyu as well. (I have no clue as to why they?re Shiny. I just saw them when I googled Mimikyu.)

If you?re willing to help a person who is mostly clueless about Pokemon get the Pokemon she?s dreaming of
please post your prices for each Pokemon below. I can pay in IGB, TBT or RV visits*. Thank you!

*I am a big chicken and do not TT. If you?re interested in RV visits as payment and
would like to visit more than one RV I?ll be scanning them in one per day.
Thank you for understanding!

My RVs

All 50 WA RVs
01 Vivian
02 Hopkins
03 June
04 Piper
05 Paolo
06 Hornsby
07 Stella
08 Tylbalt
09 Huck
10 Sylvana
11 Boris
12 Wade
13 Carrie
14 Ketchup
15 Rex
16 Stu
17 Ursala
18 Jakey
19 Maddie
20 Billy
21 Boyd
22 Bitty
23 Maggie
24 Murphy
25 Plucky
26 Sandy
27 Claude
28 Raddle
29 Julia
30 Louie
31 Bea
32 Admiral
33 Ellie
34 Boots
35 Weber
36 Candi
37 Leopold
38 Spike
39 Cashmere
40 Tad
41 Norma
42 Gonzo
43 Sprocket
44 Snooty
45 Olive
46 Dobie
47 Buzz
48 Cleo
49 Ike
50 Tasha

Other RVs
Cece
Celeste
Felyne
Ganon
Inkwell
Viche
Wisp (Villager)

Sanrio Set RVs
S1 Rilla
S2 Marty
S3 Etoile
S4 Chai
S5 Chelsea
S6 Toby

Last edited:
As someone who has been playing Pokemon since middle school, around the time the English versions of red and blue came out, I advise that you will get a lot more satisfaction by catching both pokemon yourself as you can say you put in the effort. Some pokemon you will need to end up trading for due to version exclusives, such as Turtonator being exclusive to Pok?mon Sun and Ultra Sun. With Mimikyu and Sharpedo that's not much of an issue.

Mimikyu is found on the third island, Ula'ula, in the abandoned Thrifty Megamart, which is where you'll have one of the island trials. After you complete a trial is when you can catch pokemon in that specific location, if you're not aware of that already. They're rare, so be prepped to do a lot of searching. Alternatively you can get a supersize Totem Mimikyu from Samson Oak by collecting totem stickers around the islands. He gives you Mimikyu after collecting 80

Sharpedo is found on the last island, Poni, on Poni Breaker Coast. However, it only shows up in what's referred to as an SOS battle, a new mechanic in the Sun & Moon games where wild pokemon sometimes call for help. Better off just fishing for Sharpedo's pre-evolved form, Carvanha, and levelling it up. If you need more info just search the net for guides or buy one

Shiny pokemon are very rare, not many people are willing to trade. However, you can use the 3ds qr scanner to register the code for a shiny pokemon in your Rotom Dex. You can do a YouTube search for a video of all QR codes. I recommend scanning only shiny variant codes as that automatically fills in all possible forms except Mega evolved forms; in the case of a mega evolved pokemon scan the shiny version of that form

edit: If you have Pok?mon specific questions, check this forum for more active Pok?mon-oriented players
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/21237/
Alternatively you can use this one for trading purposes if you don't want to try your luck with the Global Trading Station (GTS)
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/49446/

Last edited:
Thank you for all of the information!

Since I've never finished a Pokemon game other than Detective Pikachu and can't guarantee that I'll be able to finish Ultra Moon I thought it might be better to try to buy the Pokemon I wanted most. I thought if I had Pokemon I really wanted to interact with that it might act as an incentive for me to possibly finish the game.

I had tried not to do too much googling of Mimikyu or the shark type Pokemon because I was trying not to hit any spoilers. I didn't want to know too much about the story ahead of time since I'm truly hoping to try to finish the game this time.

Thank you for the information about Shiny QR Codes! I'll write down that I can scan them in in case no one is willing to sell me a Shiny Mimikyu.

Thank you for the links! I'll bookmark them in case I want to check them out as I progress through the game. Thanks so much!

Hi! It's wonderful to see a new player to the franchise. I highly recommend you play some of the older titles as well; Pok?mon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum are wonderful games for newbies, as they were my first games. As for the Pok?mon you want, yes, the shark the person told you about is called Sharpedo. Another shark-looking one is Wishiwashi, but it has to be lv. 20 (at least) to look like a shark. I'm not sure if you have seen both forms, but a non-shiny Mimikyu is very vibrant and cute compared to its shiny. You can see both versions here (site contains no spoilers, normal sprite on left, shiny on the right): https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/778.shtml
And another thing, besides the fact that it's so cute, Mimikyu is actually really good in battle! It's quite a strong Pok?mon, and it's ability allows it to take one hit, no matter how strong, and it will take no damage for that hit, which is very useful. Something very important to keep in mind, however, is the Pok?mon's level. If a Pok?mon that is traded to you has a high level, it will not listen to you unless you have completed a certain amount of island trials. You can find more info on the specific requirements riiight here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Obedience#In_the_games
Therefore, if someone gives you a level 100 Mimikyu, it won't listen to you until the very end of the game, so be careful! Let me know if you need to know anything else, and good luck! c:

Hi! It's wonderful to see a new player to the franchise. I highly recommend you play some of the older titles as well; Pok?mon Pearl/Diamond/Platinum are wonderful games for newbies, as they were my first games. As for the Pok?mon you want, yes, the shark the person told you about is called Sharpedo. Another shark-looking one is Wishiwashi, but it has to be lv. 20 (at least) to look like a shark. I'm not sure if you have seen both forms, but a non-shiny Mimikyu is very vibrant and cute compared to its shiny. You can see both versions here (site contains no spoilers, normal sprite on left, shiny on the right): https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/778.shtml
And another thing, besides the fact that it's so cute, Mimikyu is actually really good in battle! It's quite a strong Pok?mon, and it's ability allows it to take one hit, no matter how strong, and it will take no damage for that hit, which is very useful. Something very important to keep in mind, however, is the Pok?mon's level. If a Pok?mon that is traded to you has a high level, it will not listen to you unless you have completed a certain amount of island trials. You can find more info on the specific requirements riiight here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Obedience#In_the_games
Therefore, if someone gives you a level 100 Mimikyu, it won't listen to you until the very end of the game, so be careful! Let me know if you need to know anything else, and good luck! c:

I'll make note of the other games you suggested. Thank you! I hadn't heard of WishiWashi but if it needs to be level 20 to look like shark then it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to try to buy one. I actually had seen both versions of Mimikyu and definitely want the normal version more. That's the version I met in Detective Pikachu. My interest in the Shiny version is more because I doubt I'd be able to ever get one on my own considering I know nothing about Shinies. Thank you for the link though! It was fun to see the adorable sprites!

I wasn't aware that high level Pokemon won't listen. That's good to know. I'm perfectly happy to have a low level Mimikyu if someone's selling one. At this point I'd just like to have a Mimikyu at all. lol! Thank you for the link! I'm sure if I start trading more Pokemon that I'll be looking at it often.

Thank you for the information & the offer to help! That's so nice of you! :)

I can get you a low-level mimikyu and sharpedo for free 'v'

And also, Gible/Gabite/Garchomp lines are called the "land-shark" pokemon, if that might interest you ^^

I can get you a low-level mimikyu and sharpedo for free 'v'

And also, Gible/Gabite/Garchomp lines are called the "land-shark" pokemon, if that might interest you ^^

Sakura625, I could hug you! I'd be overjoyed to have a low level Mimikyu & Sharpedo! A "land-shark" sounds amazing! I would definitely be interested in having a low level Gible/Gabite/Garchomp also. Please, please let me give you something for these 3 Pokemon, though. You don't know how happy having them will make me and I really want to give you something to thank you for them. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Ahh, then would I be able to get a visit for Wisp, Chai or Chelsea's RV?

(And what nicknames would you like them to have, if any ^^?)

Ahh, then would I be able to get a visit for Wisp, Chai or Chelsea's RV?

(And what nicknames would you like them to have, if any ^^?)

If you don't mind visiting my town 3 days in a row you can have visits to all 3 of those RVs. I've already scanned in Olive for a trade today but I'd be happy to scan one of these 3 in tomorrow for you. :D

Nicknames... let's see... for Mimikyu if it's a boy I'd like Velius and if a girl Velia. They both mean "concealed" in Italian. For Sharpedo, I'd like Jaws after my favorite movie. I think that would work for either gender. For the land-shark... Hmm... If it's a boy Mano (Hawaiian for any shark) and if it's a girl, Niuhi (tiger shark in Hawaiian).

I'm sorry it took me so long to reply. I was trying to come up with nicknames.

Thank you so much! And would it be fine if I visit with multiple villagers to get most of the RV items?

(Also, what type of pokeball would you like to have for each of them? They all have different effects/animations for when you throw them so I wanted to ask 'v')

Last edited:
Thank you so much! And would it be fine if I visit with multiple villagers to get most of the RV items?

(Also, what type of pokeball would you like to have for each of them? They all have different effects/animations for when you throw them so I wanted to ask 'v')

Oh, yes, you can absolutely come with as many characters as you'd like for each RV. And if you need more time to gather enough Meow coupons that's fine with me too. I can scan these RVs in for you whenever you'd like.

Wow - I had no clue there were so many different types of Pokeballs. The different animations are amazing! I'm guessing the Heal Ball heals the Pokemon inside it. Do the other types do anything to help the Pokemon? Or are some Pokeballs meant for certain types - like is the Diving Ball meant for Water Types? Oh, wait - these specialty Pokeballs must cost a fortune at PokeMarts. I don't want you to spend a lot of your in game funds on special balls. Regular Pokeballs will be just fine. Thank you!

Don't worry about it ^^ I already completed the game and I have a ton of pokeballs (and cash) that I don't particularly need 'v'

All of the pokeballs have different capture rates and effects, and although there are multiple pokeballs designated to specific types, all pokemon are able to be caught with all of the pokeballs.

Pokeball
Allows the player to catch wild Pok?mon. (1x Catch Rate)

Great Ball
Allows the player to catch wild Pok?mon. (1.5x Catch Rate)

Ultra Ball
Allows the player to catch wild Pok?mon. (2x Catch Rate)

Master ball
Allows the player to catch wild Pok?mon without fail. (255x Catch Rate)

Premier Ball

Heal Ball
Fully restores a caught Pok?mon's HP, PP, and status. (1x Catch Rate)

Net Ball
Works better on Water and/or Bug type Pok?mon (3.5x Catch Rate)

Nest Ball
Works better on lower-level Pok?mon. (Catch rate varies)

Quick Ball
Works best when used during the first turn of the battle. (5x Catch Rate)

Dusk Ball
Works better when used in caves or at night. (3x Catch Rate)

Timer Ball
Works better in battles that have lasted longer. (Catch rate varies)

Repeat Ball
Works better on Pok?mon that are registered in the Pok?dex as caught. (3.5x Catch Rate)

Dive Ball
Works better on Pok?mon encountered while diving, surfing, or fishing. (3.5x Catch Rate)

Luxury Ball
Allows friendship with a pokemon to rise faster. (1x Catch Rate)

Fast Ball
Works better on fast Pok?mon. (4x Catch Rate)

Lure Ball
Works better while fishing. (5x Catch Rate)

Heavy Ball
Works better on heavier Pok?mon. (Catch rate varies)

Friend Ball
Immediately befriends the pokemon caught (1x Catch Rate)

Beast Ball
(The description has minor spoilers) (5x Catch Rate)

(I can get you any of these, most of them are just for visual effects)

Don't worry about it ^^ I already completed the game and I have a ton of pokeballs (and cash) that I don't particularly need 'v'

All of the pokeballs have different capture rates and effects, and although there are multiple pokeballs designated to specific types, all pokemon are able to be caught with all of the pokeballs.

Pokeball

Great Ball
Allows the player to catch wild Pok?mon. (1.5x Catch Rate)

Ultra Ball
Allows the player to catch wild Pok?mon. (2x Catch Rate)

Master ball
Allows the player to catch wild Pok?mon without fail. (255x Catch Rate)

Premier Ball

Heal Ball
Fully restores a caught Pok?mon's HP, PP, and status. (1x Catch Rate)

Net Ball
Works better on Water and/or Bug type Pok?mon (3.5x Catch Rate)

Nest Ball
Works better on lower-level Pok?mon. (Catch rate varies)

Quick Ball
Works best when used during the first turn of the battle. (5x Catch Rate)

Dusk Ball
Works better when used in caves or at night. (3x Catch Rate)

Timer Ball
Works better in battles that have lasted longer. (Catch rate varies)

Repeat Ball
Works better on Pok?mon that are registered in the Pok?dex as caught. (3.5x Catch Rate)

Dive Ball
Works better on Pok?mon encountered while diving, surfing, or fishing. (3.5x Catch Rate)

Luxury Ball
Allows friendship with a pokemon to rise faster. (1x Catch Rate)

Fast Ball
Works better on fast Pok?mon. (4x Catch Rate)

Lure Ball
Works better while fishing. (5x Catch Rate)

Heavy Ball
Works better on heavier Pok?mon. (Catch rate varies)

Friend Ball
Immediately befriends the pokemon caught (1x Catch Rate)

Beast Ball
(The description has minor spoilers) (5x Catch Rate)

(I can get you any of these, most of them are just for visual effects)

Wow - I'm in awe that you've finished the game! I'm just starting out and it seems like it's going to be quite the journey. I'm glad that you have extras of these Pokeballs so that it won't cost you a fortune in game. I like I would like Friendship Balls, please. I really want these Pokemon so I'm going to work hard to build our partnerships. Thank you so much!

Wow - I'm in awe that you've finished the game! I'm just starting out and it seems like it's going to be quite the journey. I'm glad that you have extras of these Pokeballs so that it won't cost you a fortune in game. I like I would like Friendship Balls, please. I really want these Pokemon so I'm going to work hard to build our partnerships. Thank you so much!

Ahh, I forgot to mention that the friend ball immediately befriends the pokemon (for the person who caught it) ;v;

Would you prefer luxury balls instead?

Ahh, I forgot to mention that the friend ball immediately befriends the pokemon (for the person who caught it) ;v;

Would you prefer luxury balls instead?

Oops! I think you did mention it and I asked for the wrong type. I did want the Luxury Balls but was thinking about building our friendship and goofed up. I'm sorry about that. lol!

Last edited:
Oops! I think you did mention it and I asked for the wrong type. I did want the Luxury Balls but was thinking about building our friendship and goofed up. I'm sorry about that. lol!

(ahh don't worry about it, I should've specified that it only raises friendship for the person who catches it www)

It might take me a while to get your pokemon ready, I hope you don't mind ^^

(ahh don't worry about it, I should've specified that it only raises friendship for the person who catches it www)

It might take me a while to get your pokemon ready, I hope you don't mind ^^

It's hard to remember to mention things that are almost second nature to you. And my asking for the wrong one didn't help. :)

Oh, that's fine. No rush. Just knowing they're on the way makes me so happy! You don't have to wait for your RV visits though. I can start them whenever you'd like. Would you like to start tomorrow? If so, who would you like me to scan in? Thank you for everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back