• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Windmill or Lighthouse?

light house would be perfect if your up at night playing because it is on at night...but on the other hand having a windmill increases your town rating alot.

The lighthouse is an eyesore, truly.

The windmill is nice though.

Why not both? I love the windmill! At first back in 2016 I had a single wind turbine, it was hideous. I replaced it with a windmill!
If you will be adding a lighthouse to your town you should put it near the docks/beach hill.
:)

I've always stuck with only the Windmill, personally. I can see the appeal of the Lighthouse, but it's so hard to work into a town without it just being this massive white tower with a flashlight on it, lol.

Ocean on the left, waterfall on the right. I love my lighthouse on this point of land. It is perfect!

HNI_0036.JPG

I personally like the lighthouse best but it looks better close to the cliffs. Windmills can be very pretty and are more usable in the long run so go for whichever one strikes your fancy. :)

Oddly I have NEVER got a windmil suggested before.

And I have got a lighthouse in just about every town I've been in.

I always want to build both then put something like a chair or hammock or make them a picnic/relaxation spot (at least in my current town). They're one of the first things I noticed whenever I visit someone's DA.

I prefer the lighthouse, but I wish it could go on the beach without hacking. I do have a good spot near the cliffs picked out for it though if my villagers ever deign to suggest it to me :p

The windmill is nice but makes me feel like I should be planting tons of tulips or something in front of it, I don't really know how to make it fit into a non-super flowery town.

I don't like the windmill much as its noisy (tho only in its acre) & it feels big/huge/too big.
I put the lighthouse in as it goes on the cliff in a bit of space I'm unlikely to use much anyway, and its quiet.

I know you can only put one lighthouse in per town, & presume that is also true for the windmill?
I also don't know if you can have both a light house & a windmill in a town ---- can you?

I built the windmill because it looks quite nice with flowers. I also really like the bit of pink it has.

I'm trying to figure out a place for the lighthouse, but it's just too big and I wish it could go on the beach :s

Love the look of the lighthouse sitting on my cliff. I would like to have the windmill but I maxed out my PWP.

Windmill all th way! It jut looks awesome!

Back