• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Will you abandon New Leaf when New Horizons releases?

More than likely. My activity on the game has recently come back, but it was pathetically low over the my freshman year of college (although that's probably to be expected), so I doubt I'll have time to keep playing it.

Probably, but I'll likely goof off with it every now and then for a change.

I already have abandoned ACNL, and I have not came back since 2018. Nor will I ever come back. In fact, I may not even go back to the 3DS.

I've honestly already abandoned New Leaf. I don't have inspiration for it anymore, nor the motivation I need to make myself happy with my town. Right now, I have my eyes set on New Horizons. That will be my only focus, and I plan on building my town into something really great once the game releases. New Leaf is cute, but it's just very restricting and limits my creativity far too much. I might return to it eventually, but for the foreseeable future, New Horizons is where I'll be when the game drops!

I still play City Folk occasionally, so I'll still get on every now and then to play New Leaf... I hope. I've got 1800 hours on this game, hopefully my villagers won't mind if I'm gone for a couple months upon New Horizon's release. Don't have a switch yet though, gonna have to work on that.

More than the likely. I've already done everything I've needed for my main town, so I don't see myself sticking around much after.

nah
i would go back to old towns once in a while just in case if some villagers left
Pompom moved it while Butch left while i havent visited that town for a month. I dont like Pompom. Dont get mad at me because i hate Pompom, its my opinion

nah, bc while i do have a job i need that money for clothes/stuff for school/ \helping out my family so it willprobably be a while tilli can afford a switch! ill still be playing new leaf till that time comes

nope, because my town is far from finished and i like to finish projects before starting others. also, i don't even have a switch yet so i won't be able to play horizons as soon as it comes out :(

Last edited:
I will probably abandon it, yeah. My goal for right now is to finish my dream town(s) and upload them to the dream suite, but other than designing my town etc and admiring what I did with it I don't really play NL anymore anyway. So once NH is released I'm going to devote my full gaming-attention to it instead.

Really really quit playing ACNL because my game in there crashed Dec 18 18 and I lost interest in NL anyway. OBVUSLY WAITING FOR THE NEW GAME.

as if i already haven't abandoned it haha

i really feel like i completed absolutely everything i wanted to do in new leaf a few years ago, and i probably won't be picking it up again for a loooong time

No, I won't. I've made a lot of memories from that game and I wouldn't want to throw it all in the bin once the game comes out. Sure, there's more responsibility, but I'd rather do that than to have my heart broken when one of my beloved villagers move out.

as if i already haven't abandoned it haha

i really feel like i completed absolutely everything i wanted to do in new leaf a few years ago, and i probably won't be picking it up again for a loooong time

Same, I kinda lost interest after time travelling so much to get everything in the game. I’m kinda glad their won’t be any time manipulation in this upcoming came for that exact reason.

I've pretty much played consistently since 2013 so there's reeeeally nothing else i can milk out of the game. I play now just to check up on my villagers and keep me going until the new game comes out

Last edited:
I personally won?t be abandoning New Leaf, seeing as how I don?t think a town is ever truly ?complete?. Also, while I?ve had a Switch since the Christmas of 2017, I don?t know if I?ll be purchasing ACNH. I share a Switch with the rest of my family, and because there can only be one island per console, it?d take some of the experience out of it. Everybody has a different play style, and sharing one island would be difficult. So as of right now, I do not plan on abandoning ACNL. It makes me sad to see so many people leaving the game, because I?m just now getting into it, and I was hoping to make some friends. However, I do think I will still have fun playing solo.

I’m kinda glad their won’t be any time manipulation in this upcoming came for that exact reason.

That's not confirmed. The time manipulation excerpt was taken from a statement about cloud saves, which makes changing the clock (What almost all of us refer to as "Time Traveling") irrelevant to the topic. It makes more sense that they were talking about real time traveling. You give your friend a rare item or 1,000,000 bells, and go back in time when you still had the item.

I've already talked about this, so here is what I said

Time traveling isn't going anywhere. The game works with real time, so unless it's an always online game, which it isn't going to be, restricting time travel is impossible. 100%.

The game relies on the system clock, so if you turn your switch off even a minute, the game can load into the current time.

Even if locking the clock offline was possible, it would be very asinine. Think about people who go on vacation or move to different time zones.

Last edited:
Back