• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Will you abandon New Leaf when New Horizons releases?

I kind of already have as I don't play much at the moment, but I can't see myself returning at all once New Horizons releases. Perhaps in a few years for nostalgia, and as I have a digital copy it's not like I'll be selling off my game, but yeah.

i can see myself at first trying to keep up with it, but i always seem to abandon old games in favor of new games... so i'll probably leave nl behind. i may come back and play it to see how trashy my town got, but i doubt i'll play it every day

I- my town has been dead for years and is a hacked mess and im too lazy to even start up the game lol

Not unless I'm finished. I want the interiors and the town itself to be finished design wise. I want all badges as well and a full catalogue. After that, I can see myself taking a very long hiatus in favour of New Horizons. But not before.

Probably not. I mean I still haven't finished my town and currently don't have a Switch. Plus I tend not to abandon games, just go on verrrry long hiatuses.

I'm going to reluctantly say yes, only because I often find it hard to keep up with more than one town/game at a time... SO more of a consequence of a new game, rather than on purpose.

I don?t put in nearly as many hours as did in the beginning so it won?t be to difficult for me to move on.

With the exception of my GC Town I always end up abandoning the old game in favour of the new. I haven't seen my WW town in ages and goodness knows I've forgotten CF. I try to wrap up loose ends; museum, etc. because I know I'll abandon my town.

IDK Why but GC is the only one I've found to have replay value after the later releases.

Honestly, yeah, lol. I have so many great memories of playing it, but now I feel satisfied with leaving my NL town behind and starting anew on the deserted island!

I've already done so a long time ago. I can't seem to maintain interest in ACNL.

Pretty much yeah, I would have too much time on my hands on doing something that's no longer relevant.

Depends how I like NH. While many parts of it look very appealling, and just having a new game to play in general, there are still some aspects that have me unconvinced.

So, we'll see.

Regardless, I'm not really worried. I've taken long breaks before and I'm sure I'll always check-in on New Leaf at some point and time.

i already did months ago due to burnout, i dont see the point in going back only for me to abandon it again

I kinda have and kinda not. Trying to get back into it for right now to keep me busy until New Horizons is released. I'm sure I will once it does, as I always prefer playing the most new and up to date game. So yeah, most likely will. I kinda need a new fresh start right now, but unfortunately have to wait. >.<

That's very likely. I have two copies of ACNL, but I already only sometimes play on one town. I've done pretty much everything I'm motivated to do in the game, my dream town is finished and I'm proud of it.

I think I'll still pop in once in a while, after a few months. I tend to like taking a little tour of what I did.

Not 100%, in the sense that I'd pop in every so often. But no, I wouldn't play it regularly anymore. Animal Crossing can be hard enough for me to fit in regularly, so I can only realistically play one of the main series at a time.

I probably won't, I have poured too much into New Leaf to let it go, while I'm looking forward to a fresh start in New Horizons, I won't abandon it entirely. If I were planning to leave it, I wouldn't until I get my favourites in the island, then I'd check in every so often.

Play Horizons and check New Leaf.

Back