• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Will we all be forced off of ACNL in the year 2050?

Kit

Doing my best!
Bells
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Think about it. ACNLs clock only goes to 2050. When we all get to that year, I bet almost all of us won't be playing ACNL. What's going to happen to those that do? And the ACnL forum is so active now. But what about when a new AC game comes out...will this side of the forum face the same abandonment as what happened with the previous games?
Scary thought.

I'm pretty certain another AC game will be coming out before the year 2050... It's just the circle of life. The next game will be even better than this one.

That's how video game websites usually work. When a new game is announced, everybody wants to talk and about it and flocks to it's section of the forums. I've seen it happen in Pokemon forums, it's actually quite fun with all the speculation and such. If the next AC game comes out on the Wii U though, this forum will probably still be pretty active because most of us have the 3DS, I don't think its the same for the Wii U.

I am curious about the 2050 thing. Does time just stop flowing? Do events never happen?

Another game will come out, yes. But what will happen to everyone in this sections of the forums?? All the work we have spent..just wasted when we find a new game. It saddens me, because the new game will probably be for the WIIu, which I do not have and do not plan on getting :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's how video game websites usually work. When a new game is announced, everybody wants to talk and about it and flocks to it's section of the forums. I've seen it happen in Pokemon forums, it's actually quite fun with all the speculation and such. If the next AC game comes out on the Wii U though, this forum will probably still be pretty active because most of us have the 3DS, I don't think its the same for the Wii U.

I am curious about the 2050 thing. Does time just stop flowing? Do events never happen?

That's kind of scary, I suppose it just goes back to 2012

maybe updates in a few years will alloww the year to go past 2050. but most likely wwe wwill get a neww animal crossing game

I figure that the clock just resets. After December 31st, 2050, it'll be January 1st, 2002 or whatever year it goes back to.

I'll be like 52 in 2050. Oh my god.

Yeah, the fact that the new game might be on the Wii U kind of saddens me considering the fact that I don't
really like or care for the wii/wii u. Heck, I purchased my 3ds solely for pokemon (once i finished that i went
straight to animal crossing lol.)

What happens when it's new years in 2050? Does it just stop and 2050? Will it go to 2051?

Everybody just talks about the forums,while nobody mentions about the poor signature artists who will have to update alot of signatures. The City Folk board is dead. And this board shares the same fate. Sadly.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people gravitate to the 3DS because of its portability, and the other awesome games available as well as Animal Crossing. I'll admit, I got the console mostly because of ACNL, but because there's more games I can get and play, I play this game a lot more than City Folk (which I need to hook up the Wii for, to the TV...)

Which is why I'll probably not get any AC game for the Wii U. It's like how I always used to play Wild World since I could play it everywhere!

In above posts, I really wish a new game doesn't come out for the wii U. ;-; I don't really like the system.. but it's most likely true so it'll bring attention to nintendo's system. Dx

In above posts, I really wish a new game doesn't come out for the wii U. ;-; I don't really like the system.. but it's most likely true so it'll bring attention to nintendo's system. Dx
Ugh I hate the WIIu! It was a terrible idea to begin with. We already have tablets! We already have handheld things! We already have a wii! We don't need to combine all those things pointlessly and waste more money

Sincerely doubt id be playing Nl in 2050 lol.
Doesn't the gamecube clock stop in like 2030 or something?
I also hope one doesnt come out for the Wii U..

I'd assume that the ACNL might get shut down before then due to the introduction of other DSes and AC games into the market. But I haven't read anything about Nintendo's promises for 3DS servers, so I'm not sure.

Ugh I hate the WIIu! It was a terrible idea to begin with. We already have tablets! We already have handheld things! We already have a wii! We don't need to combine all those things pointlessly and waste more money

I know right? Some concepts of it I found interesting, but I would never buy it personally. I heard it was laggy (may have been fixed) But even through that, it's not a nice design. I would love love love love another AC game on the 3DS; or maybe a new leaf patch or anything to show that Nintendo understands the love for the AC series ;-;

I doubt the Wii U will last long enough for us to get an Animal Crossing title, tbh. I have a Wii U but I only have like 5 games & I've not touched it since Christmas, literally have no time to sit glued to my TV or have the awkward and clunky gamepad sitting in front of me.

But with the 3DS, I can have it sitting in front of my keyboard so when I'm done with homework or taking a break I can just do something simple & set it aside again.

Think about it. ACNLs clock only goes to 2050. When we all get to that year, I bet almost all of us won't be playing ACNL. What's going to happen to those that do? And the ACnL forum is so active now. But what about when a new AC game comes out...will this side of the forum face the same abandonment as what happened with the previous games?
Scary thought.

That's in forty-six years though, lol. I really doubt there'll be anyone who's still playing the game, or even using a 3DS. Imagine how outdated a 3DS will be XD
Fifty years ago video game consoles didn't even exist. In fifty more years there'll probably be much better technologies and people wouldn't want to use one of these old 3DS things.
So I'd say don't worry. c:

Think of it as this way:Where will All of us,be at the year 2050. I'll be in my mid-50's by then. But do you think everyone here will still be searching in the forums?I can't guarantee it. Nothing lasts forever,except the memories you had in TBT.Let time pass,and do its job. Let the new generation have their opportunity at expressing their opinions in the "new bell tree". I won't be around,the mods wont be around,all of us right now won't be Think of it as a real"belltree". The old ones die,while new saplings grow. But the real question is,will there still be a Nintendo to make a new Animal Crossing game in 2050 for the future generations of gamers to play?

That's in forty-six years though, lol. I really doubt there'll be anyone who's still playing the game, or even using a 3DS. Imagine how outdated a 3DS will be XD
Fifty years ago video game consoles didn't even exist. In fifty more years there'll probably be much better technologies and people wouldn't want to use one of these old 3DS things.
So I'd say don't worry. c:
Agree with this, who's to say anyone's 3DS will even properly work by then? Dead battery ;-;

new generations will play this game with emulators it they wish
plenty of old games even those from early seventies now can be played with emulators so...
I'm not sure if even facebook or other now used social network will be still around
so I'm pretty sure this forum will be shut for good by that time
perhaps its datas would be stored in some host sites as the current way back machine site
who knows?

Back