• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Why have they stripped so much from the game???

I just wish the cafe and gyroids could come back! Oh and the dream suite or something similar :) But tbh I'm really liking the game right now, especially if played as intended (no time travel, no cheats etc)
And also some more kinds of fruit would be cool, but not a deal breaker! Having mangoes aka the best fruit would be great though!

Last edited:
I'm starting to get that feeling too.

I thought something was off when I realised there was only half the fruit trees, but I've logged my entire island and I didn't find a single stump pattern.

People are saying they will update it later... But on that point I would like to add that New Leaf had all these extra things right at the beginning and we still had a major update.

Like do we only have 1 type of sapling even?

When I think on it, we just have less in every respect, only now we have a crafting mechanic. I feel like they've drawn more inspiration from the mobile game instead of the main series, and it's just making me sad.

If this game is this popular, I don't even think they are going to fix it.

There just all this STUFF missing, and the STUFF is what makes Animal Crossing. I don't know what to say.

Pocket camp wasnt even that good I remember downloading and trying to get into it but I just couldnt, it was just so boring constantly customising stuff all the time

The NPCs first. Harriet, Katrina, Leif etc.

Do you have proof they are stripped? Just because Nintendo didn't give you them on a golden platter on day 1 doesn't mean they're stripped.

Harriet didn't unlock in Wild World until Nookington's was unlocked, which was months into the game.

it's a lot of stuff to be missing if they really are absent. hopefully it'll be in the updates they've promised and not as paid dlc

The lack of some of the NPCs like Harriet/Shampoodle and Cyrus don't bother me so much because their functions are still in the game. While I understand people might miss these characters, personally I'm glad I don't have to wait two weeks (or however the heck long it was in NL, I remember it was horrible) to get Shampoodle so I can change the tacky hairstyle I was given on day one. And us doing our own customization and it being instant is much better than Cyrus in NL, where we had to wait.

Now, the lack of other NPCs like Redd who do have unique functions missing from the game is confusing. I'll hold onto optimism and hope that they're coming in a later patch. Although there's nothing saying Nintendo will do that. I actually might find it refreshing if they do patch these features in later. It might incentivize me to come back to the game or keep on playing it. New Leaf with all of its amazing features in the base game got boring to me really fast. The last time I regularly played that game? The month it came out. I want New Horizons to be different. I want to keep on playing it.

personally I'm glad I don't have to wait two weeks (or however the heck long it was in NL, I remember it was horrible) to get Shampoodle so I can change the tacky hairstyle I was given on day one.

Or that

- You had to take asine quizzes for hairstyle and color.
- You could only do it once per day.

In New Horizons, I will change me hair and color up to 3 times in 5 minutes to test them out and see if I like them. Harriet will likely show up as a villager and offer to sell us new hairstyles and colors to unlock, or maybe wigs.

Reese and Cyrus's functions have not been replaced, as we've yet to get our beloved flea market replaced.

Last edited:
Reese and Cyrus's functions have not been replaced, as we've yet to get our beloved flea market replaced.

Cyrus's functions have been replaced. Reese's, no. I didn't mention her for that reason.

The things I miss most are, in order :

- Brewster and the Roost
- All the fruit diversity we used to have
- Paintings in the museum, and Redd
- Some nostalgy things like Rover, the gyroids, etc.

But all of these are so little things to add and so commonly missed that I'm quite optimistic they will be back some day ;)

Do you have proof they are stripped? Just because Nintendo didn't give you them on a golden platter on day 1 doesn't mean they're stripped.

Various people have been through the game files, myself included. This is it. Also no froggy chair.

SPOILER_ETV8K04XYAIUbDa.jpeg

Last edited:
Various people have been through the game files, myself included. This is it. Also no froggy chair.

The direct literally said we will get updates and more NPC’s. That isn’t speculation that’s confirmed.

Last edited:
I do think Reese will return considering - maybe this is a stretch...? - her icon is available for use on a Switch account. This also applies to Rover !

I mean... no one has even progressed far enough to say these NPCs ARENT in the game at all and nintendo even alluded to the idea that they will be added in through later updates? Hence why their amiibo dont work yet

yeah ive completed the story and i am extremely sad how much they cut.

SPOILERS:

no katrina, no redd, no nat, no phineas, no gracie, etc..

I still think a lot will be added in later updates. Everything they show just tells me that they're really trying to contain the timet travellers, so I think they'll add a lot later now that they can.

At least I really HOPE so. But there's a lot of stuff in game that would point towards updates, like the little unused dock and Nat's research area in the museum. A few NPCs I'd really miss are Leif, Katrina and Kapp'ns family. Especially Kapp'n and the rest would work really well with the island theme since they already were on an island?

Tortimer's island tours were really fun for me, I now miss a way to play online without having to become friends or visit someone's specific island. I liked the mini games with random people a lot and I'd really miss it if it wasn't in the game.
I also hope deep sea diving will make a comeback, it was one of my favorite new activities in NL, and again, it would really fit the island theme.

Last edited:
yeah ive completed the story and i am extremely sad how much they cut.

SPOILERS:

no katrina, no redd, no nat, no phineas, no gracie, etc..

You time traveled past tutorial phase, you haven't completed anything.

Let's not forget, Nintendo hid a lot of content behind a day-1 patch to stop early hackers, and reviewers from seeing them. They are probably still hiding stuff to stop time travelers from getting them too early.

You time traveled past tutorial phase, you haven't completed anything.

Let's not forget, Nintendo hid a lot of content behind a day-1 patch to stop early hackers, and reviewers from seeing them. They are probably still hiding stuff to stop time travelers from getting them too early.

Yea no nintendo made it so NH was very hard to just.. TT through.
We get what we get when they decide we can have it lmaoooo, us TTers are no further along than anyone else aside from a few extra buildings :p

But wait, I'm confused about this because Bunny was supposed to be added during the day 1 update, right? Was this info from before that?

Back