• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Why do you keep playing?

Because it has some features that weren't in future installments, and it just feels so different. I still play Wild World and City Folk though.

I'm getting Animal Forest 64 soon so I can see things that weren't in the American version or e+, like the bell shrine.

Oh, I play this one, CF (not much anymore) and NL.
I just really like the GameCube version since it's my first town, and the characters are all great...
Compared to newer, I mean. I just really don't like what they did with the dialog, nor that they removed the "request system" of jobs...

Last edited:
Why not? It's a fun game and it has some great music. Even though I don't play it as often as I play the newer games, I still like to check on my village from time to time. In addition, it has features/events that the later games don't have. For example, I try to check out the cherry blossom festival each year.

Because it has some features that weren't in future installments, and it just feels so different. I still play Wild World and City Folk though.

I'm getting Animal Forest 64 soon so I can see things that weren't in the American version or e+, like the bell shrine.

get ready to change the clock EVERY SINGLE TIME you start, because it doesn't continue with the game off! You know the Bell Shrine is also in + right? Playing Animal Forest is going to be very, VERY limited. You can't annoy the villagers. You don't have a museum, so nothing to do with all your collected stuff other than sell them to Tanukichi. Same with fossils, but you do send them away to be analyzed, so you can sell them too. It's clearly a game that NEEDED the famicom games, and for that very reason they threw in like 9 or so of them.

I actually already knew that it's limited and you have to change the clock every time you play. I haven't played in over a week, but I might turn on the game again soon.

Maybe the reason I play GCN is because I need variety compared to WW and CF.

Back