• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Who can tell me about the Bad influence of the Time Travel??

Negative effects? Butterfly effect? The spiraling out of the control TTing that leads to your game having no structure, rules, or identity?

TTing forward has the same effects of spending that same amount of days not playing. So villagers can move out, flowers will wither, weeds will pop up, etc.

TTing backwards is a little more complicated. Flowers, mail, stores and the like will stay the same, as if you haven't done anything. Villagers in boxes will move out (instead of not being in boxes yet).

I recommend being careful. Is there anything in special you want to do with TTing? If it's just to do more everyday, I recommend talking a lot with your villagers. Be suspicious if anyone hasn't tried to move out in 4 days or so, if you have 9 or 10 villagers.

If you play smart and carefully, TTing doesn't have any downsides. But you have to be really careful. An inattentive moment made me lose Avery.

The main problem is that you could lose a villager. I am always talking about how TTing made me lose Flurry!

(but at least she went to a lovely home with Patypus, and now I have Marina from Moonflow, & am just as happy with my little pink Octopus.)

but I lost her with just 2 days of time travel!

I still TT, but ONE day at a time & rarely (e.g. I was looking forward to Freya's birthday for ages, then I was busy that day & had to TT backwards to give her my gift)
but that was just 1 day.

So I do TT every now and then---but only by one day.

As for TTing by hours---I do that all the time when the shop is shut. I TT a few hours on a regular basis & it does nothing that I have noticed.

In other words TT a few hours here and there, or even a day...but be very careful & plan if you intend to TT more than 1 day....you could lose a villager.

If you plan to TT more than 1 day, ask for help before you do it & people will tell you what to check for. :)

Oh, I forgot the most important thing: travel backwards any amount of time and all your turnips will spoil!

they say that backwards time travel for any length of time counts as one day as far as villager move-out issues are concerned.

you'd want to enact the beautiful town ordinance so that weeds and dead flowers wouldn't be an issue.

they say if you get a villager ping to move out and deny their request, that you are then okay to save, quit, and timetravel forward as far as you want and no villagers will have moved out in the interim. (i have done this but only jumping forward 2 or 3 weeks)

Also if you put that ordinance that makes your town clean you don't have to worry about weed, rafflesias and stuff coming up every other minute... But yeah villagers moving out and stuff I guess.

I dont know if this is true or not as I havent tested it, but somebody here said that if an alt character buys the turnips then they wont spoil if its a different character who loads up after time-travelling. again, havent tried this myself as i dont really buy turnips...

I dont know if this is true or not as I havent tested it, but somebody here said that if an alt character buys the turnips then they wont spoil if its a different character who loads up after time-travelling. again, havent tried this myself as i dont really buy turnips...

I was told this too but it didn't work for me. :( thankfully I only spent 5k on turnips so I didn't lose much but as far as I know the alt-character buying the turnips thing isn't true.

TTing one day at a time is the safest if you're worried about villagers moving out. But I think everyone's got the most important points covered. But also know that all the loading up of your game can cause your grass to deteriorate more quickly.

I was told this too but it didn't work for me. :( thankfully I only spent 5k on turnips so I didn't lose much but as far as I know the alt-character buying the turnips thing isn't true.

huh. good to know; when i test it i'll spend low like you did.

TTing one day at a time is the safest if you're worried about villagers moving out. But I think everyone's got the most important points covered. But also know that all the loading up of your game can cause your grass to deteriorate more quickly.

but if you skip several weeks forward the grass grows back, and then some.

Oh! I wasn't sure about that, so am happy to have it confirmed. I did a massive jump with my other town which didn't have much grass deterioration so didn't really notice.

My main town's poor grass is deteriorating and I've been painstakingly planting flowers over the dirt patches and watering them so they'll grow back. ACNL: the only game where I'm excited to watch the grass grow! :D

Another thing: if you want to do a big jump, do it right after a villager request to leave but you tell them not to go. That'll stop anyone else from moving out.

even within the same day?

yup, as far as I know, go back one minute and bam, goodbye turnips.

the thing of using alt characters also doesn't work. so don't TT backwards if someone else plays the game! haha

saving only updates the damage of your grass afaik, it doesn't automatically destroys your grass more and more.

Bad things about tme travelling could be, villagers moving out, if you time travelled without the beautiful ordinance inact hybrid flowers will wilt away and die if not watered the day of or following day, everytime you time travel ahead or back the store items are different so if you missed or forgot to buy an item before you time travelled it might take some time to appear again and sometimes time travelling too much burden your villagers but not really they might give you a gossip name like stump maker or pro listener ect.. good luck

if you do it right there's literally no downside. use the 3ds clock, make sure there are no villagers planning on moving out, enact the beautiful town ordinance, and TT away. i usually only go one day at a time, or i'll go backwards. the only safe time to TT forward more than one day is immediately after denying a villager's request to move. if you actually spend real time away from the game, look in your 3ds's activity log to see the last time you played, and change the 3ds's clock to that date.

enjoy!!!!

Hm, the ones I am aware of are as follows:
1. Mail box gets full, very annoying to take care of, especially if it's multiple waves of them (takes more than one day to clear out all of the cache basically)
2. Weeds, weeds eVERYWHERE
3. Flowers will die unless you have a "beautiful town" ordinance up
4. Villagers can easily move in and out without you knowing, and you may lose some dreamies! D:
5. Don't have any turnips, because they will spoil with any time travel.
6. You may miss special events (holidays, villager's birthdays, etc)
7. You may miss items at the different stores if you travel too far and not day by day
8. Villagers will get upset that you haven't spoken to them in a while if you travel too far
There's probably more, but you get the general gist. If you wish to time travel, please calculate very carefully! If you are worried to mess things up, just time travel day by day and get everything sorted. Best of luck to you!

Back