• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Which personalities do you have duplicates of?

I don't mind not having one of each personality, so at the moment I have five normal and three peppy villagers (with one peppy villager leaving to make room for Azalea the snooty). My other two villagers are jock and sisterly. 😊

I didn't enjoy the smug villager dialogue much when I had a smug villager on my island (though I was still sad to say goodbye), but I'm definitely open to finding a new cranky villager. 😊

Normals for sure. Sometimes I have duplicates of lazies or snooties.

I do wish we could have 12 villagers so I could have one duplicate of four personalities instead of just two. Then it would be jock or smug or sisterly. But I feel we are lucky with 10 now instead of 8.

I have two normals, although I do find those personalities rather bland. Then I have two jocks too, which I think works nicely because that way they get some competition. 🏆

On my main island I have 4 lazies . I might change one of them to a smug. On my second island I have 4 peppy villagers. Will change two when I get their photos.

Peppy and Normal for sure. That's always the case in any AC game I've played. I just love their designs the most haha.

I have 2 normals and 2 peppy. I love the normal designs so much, would love to replace Chevre with Ione.

I used to always have 1 of each, then an extra male and an extra female of any personality.

Then I decided to redo my island again and needed specific villagers for the theme. This meant I had 3 normals and either 2 peppy or 2 snooty, so there was no way I was gonna be having all the personality types. I would've preferred to sacrifice having a jock, but until Roswell was changed to smug, there was no smug alligators, which is what I needed. I might still eventually get his amiibo (or get lucky with the campsite and getting him to trade with the right villager) and replace Boots with him, but I admit I have enjoyed seeing Boots zooming about all the time, so I might rethink. As jocks go, Boots is pretty good.

So yeah, I have 3 normals (Chevre, Nan and Flurry) and 2 peppy (Chrissy and Bubbles).

I have 2 normals and 2 smug. Just kind of how it worked out with the villagers I picked. As I wasn't specifically trying to get doubles of those personalities.

Right now my dupes are 2 normals. I've been island hopping for several days now trying to fill in my 10th spot. Likely I will put an uchi, snooty, or lazy but I'm not sure. I've been having terrible luck finding anyone I like even a little bit that's not a dupe type that I don't want (like I can't bring myself to have two jocks.)

I hate that most of my fave villagers are normal type. I wish there was more type diversity in the cute/simple designed villagers.

I have a couple normal and a couple lazy on my island. The personality type doesn't really matter to me, I just tend to base my decisions of who to keep on my island on how they look! The cuter the better for me lol.

I currently have -
Normal: Merengue, Etoile, Fauna, Megan
Lazy: Cole, Sasha
Smug: Marshal, Raymond
Sporty: Dom
Peppy: Tangy

I clearly have way too many normal villagers but they honestly have the sweetest personalities and the cutest designs overall imo.

Its really a pain to have a diversity of personalities because if you have too much of the same personality all of the villagers will start talking the same way. I learned that the hard way when I had 7 normal villagers back on my old island last year. Now I only have 2 Normals on my island and that is pretty much enough for me. Sometimes I wonder if there was new personality types it would not be this difficult to have a variety of villagers.

I'm really strict about having a balanced gender/personality ratio in my island.
Currently has 2 normals and 2 crankies. Despite being content with the current lineup I've been debating to replace one normal villager....I want to try having 2 snooty or 2 uchi for once :0

i have two normals and two lazies. previously it was two jocks for a few months, which was fun, but i swapped one for sasha when the update dropped

Currently, two lazies and two sisterlies. Once Sherb finally gives me his photo (he is now the last villager who hasn’t, and half my villagers moved in after him,) I’ll almost certainly be cycling him out in favor of another snooty (as I’ve only ever had Pancetti this game and want to keep her but would like a second,) or maybe a normal or peppy. Sylvia hasn’t been on the island as long comparatively, so while I’ll probably not keep her forever, I’m fine with her staying until she asks to move.

Cranky and lazy, Wolfgang and Fang and Sherb and Sasha. Couldn't choose between them. Usually I double the lazy/ smug or smug/normal. My current villagers are

Sherb- lazy
Sasha - lazy
Cephalobot - smug
Muffy - sisterly
Petri - snooty
Wolfgang - cranky
Fang - cranky
Ione - normal
Dom - jock
Shino - peppy

Since I managed to get all the series 5 amiibos I decided to switch out a few old villagers to try the new ones. I never used to have an uchi or peppy on my villages for a long time but I've found in NH I really prefer the variety. Currently very happy with everyone, I don't really have permanent residents, just ones I'm less likely to cycle out for longer than others

Last edited:
Smug and normal. I really didn't want to have two normals because I find their dialogue super boring, but I just can't part with Skye nor Ione at this point. I REALLY wish Ione was snooty though. They're by far my favorite personality.

Back