Salem
Yellow Candy
Famous Mushroom
Purple Bat Potion
Jack
Ancient Candle
Pumpkin Cupcake
Hello there,

im considering buying a DS mostly because I really wanna play again WW/NL.

I am considering:
- new 3ds
- 3ds xl (ive got a weak point for the animal crossing edition)

I read that the XL screen tends to give less sharp images/video, so I was thinking that for such old games maybe a smaller console is better.
May I ask for advice?

I guess it's time to put my rusty knowledge of these consoles to use.

The New 3DS contains built-in amiibo support, which should be useful for NL's Welcome Amiibo update. On the other hand, you need to buy an external NFC reader if you're planning on getting a 3DS XL (I'm assuming you're referring to the old model and now the "new" one). Plus, you can change the faceplate of the New 3DS to give it that Animal Crossing charm while it's (kind of) not possible on the 3DS XL (I like the AC edition model though, NGL). I looked up some official products for you. But then the former is pretty expensive compared to the latter because it's unpopular and not as well-known in general.

I'll leave it up to you from here. I hope these facts help you out.

I have a 3DS XL and iirc wild world doesn’t use the full screen of it if that’s something you wanted to consider

I think it's up to your preference but like Bobrocks said, the New 3DS can read amiibos! I have a 3DS XL and I can't use the amiibos .. so.. yeah! I do like the bigger screen. I don't like looking at smaller screens but that's a preference thing.

I guess it's time to put my rusty knowledge of these consoles to use.

The New 3DS contains built-in amiibo support, which should be useful for NL's Welcome Amiibo update. On the other hand, you need to buy an external NFC reader if you're planning on getting a 3DS XL (I'm assuming you're referring to the old model and now the "new" one). Plus, you can change the faceplate of the New 3DS to give it that Animal Crossing charm while it's (kind of) not possible on the 3DS XL (I like the AC edition model though, NGL). I looked up some official products for you. But then the former is pretty expensive compared to the latter because it's unpopular and not as well-known in general.

I'll leave it up to you from here. I hope these facts help you out.

I think it's up to your preference but like Bobrocks said, the New 3DS can read amiibos! I have a 3DS XL and I can't use the amiibos .. so.. yeah! I do like the bigger screen. I don't like looking at smaller screens but that's a preference thing.

I have the New 3DS XL and I’m happy with it!

Thank you very much guys! I ended up buying a N3DS. It was cheaper than the AC version and I thought that I wanted to use my Dotty amiibo. I want at least her for sure in my village.
Thank you all again ❤️

Back