• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

When did you start playing Animal Crossing?

Ever since wild world came out i was hooked. I wish i heard about the gamecube version when i was younger though :'((

Im seriously thinking about buying the console and game soon though bc why not

When I was eleven. Wild World was my first game on the DS :)
I didn't play for a while, then restarted when New Leaf came out.

Unfortunately back then, I didn't really understand the concept of the game,

and I was wondering why a raccoon kept pestering me in the game.

Last edited:
Since 2007 :blush:
My brother introduced me to it while we were in the car when I looked at his ds and he was pretending to be chased by tom nook xD

I started playing Animal Crossing when I was about 6 years old and had a gamecube, and my first town was named Mew, second town Pokey, and we reset a lot, and I just named my towns Mew and Pokey since.

I think one of my friends brought their game to my 9th birthday party sleepover (6 years ago). I created a character in her WW town, and then I fell in love with the game so I went and bought my own copy the next day with my birthday money. I've been playing ever since. I will say I'm much better at the game now, since I couldn't figure out how to fish for until like a year after I got the game.

Last edited:
i played ac since the game cube version came out
after my memory card got stolen, i never played again. did not play CF or WW. I started NL in Oct. 2013

Last edited:
Well, the only way people on here were really playing it in 2001 was if they were playing Doubutsu no Mori on a Japanese or modified N64, since it wasn't released in America until 2002. I myself started playing it in November of 2002 (I was in my mid-20's quite a bit older than most posting on this). It started because I took a seasonal job at Toys R Us, and after pitching this game to parents (Toys loved us selling it because we'd try to talk them into getting the GC/GBA link cable as an upsell, especially since the GBA was selling more than the GC was, we also sold guides for the game, and had a ton of signage about the game). Which is funny people are calling it Population:Growing, since that was the slogan, NOT the name of the game, which was simply Animal Crossing. After selling it to numerous parents, I decided to buy it myself- along with a cable, thank you Toys employee discount! I wanted it more for the NES games, but came to love this real time VERY cute simulation game. Now, almost 12 years later, I'm hooked on the series, VERY hooked!!

Last edited:
City Folk was my first game and I bought it for myself for my 20th birthday back in 2011. I thought the game looked cool and if I didn't like it, I'd just return it. I popped it in my Wii and named my first town Myrtle. I've been addicted to AC since then!
And since then, I've bought the original AC (I bought it a couple months after buying CF), then WW (last May) and NL (February).

7/14/13, my brother and sister went to GameStop to buy NL. I though it was stupid, but I thought, what if it ends up actually being good, and I'm left out? So I bought it and have loved it ever since, and I'm the only one of us still playing it.

I started playing last year :(
I was never good at keeping up with simulation games. So, it never really crossed my mind, until I downloaded Wild World's rom and loved it. So, I went out and bought New Leaf, shortly thereafter, in August last year.

2002, I got population growing.. I don't remember what my town was called, but I think I was frustrated cause I couldn't fit my name in the 8 character limit. I remember running to the tv after school to play it ; v; good memories..
I played it during the summer for 18 years (not the same file but the same disc/memory card).

Wild World never interested me since I was so used to playing alone, and City Folk wasn't as fun since I didn't have time for it in middle/high school. But I digress.

Last edited:
I started playing wild world in maybe 2006-2008. On Christmas I am pretty sure. But I remember I saw some kid playing at my friends b-day party and I just loved it and I would not let that game go. My parents bought me a ds just so I could play that game. And I bought city folk when it came out and now new leaf. Also since I didn't own a 3ds I had to go buy one to play new leaf.

I played the game cube version in 2001. Been loyal to the franchise all this time.

Last edited:
Back