• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon What's your favourite pokemon?

Zerous

beep boop
Bells
Switch
2944-5199-8685
Froggy Easter Egg
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Planet Glow Wand
Galaxolotl Star Fragment
Glitched Easter Egg
Invader
Invader
Tetris Grid
Pinky
Goomba
Just wondering earlier. As more and more new pokemon get added to the franchise, it can become harder to have a favourite. But what are some of yours? Do you prefer the newer or older generations?

For me, my favourite generation (or at least one of them) is probably gen 4, in which I like a lot of the pokemon. My favourite might be Darkrai, but I alo really like Empoleon, Budew/Roserade and many others.

#lugia is the best Pokemon ever in all of existence ����

My absolute favorite Pokemon is Arcanine, since I remember having one in my first game (Fire Red) and he's always been very special to me.
I also really like Miltank, Crobat, Golisopod, Venusaur, Lurantis, Armaldo, and Froslass.

As for legends, we all know that Giratina reigns supreme :lemon:

Hmm.. I love them all (almost).
If I HAVE to choose..
Arcanine or Houndoom. I adore fire and dark types.

Incineroar. It reminds me for some reason of a character from the Crash Bandicoot games. I also find the design of it in general pretty cool.

Last edited:
Rhyperior or Infernape.

Designs are cool and they're really strong!

Hmm... for me it would have to be...
Gen 1: Blastoise
Gen 2: Politoed or Feraligatr
Gen 3: Mudkip and his evolutions!
Gen 4: Buizel!!
Gen 5: Between Zoroark or Samurott
Gen 6: Hawlucha
Gen 7: Primarina or Lycanroc (Midnight form specifically)

These would probably be my favorites of each regions. but it is always hard for me to pick my mind on #1 favorite.

ninetales!!!!! ninetales has been my favorite for many years now. I really just prefer to save I have a favorite of each generation and not one favorite, but it really is ninetales.

gen one: ninetales
gen two: ampharos
gen three: flygon
gen four: shinx
gen five: hydreigon
gen six: pumpkaboo
gen seven: popplio

those are my favorites^^

Articuno. Followed by perhaps Blaziken. I can't remember too much of all the Pokemon, doesn't help that I haven't played all the gens either!

Top 10:

10: Noivern
9: Sharpedo
8: Xurkitree
7: Conkeldurr
6: Trevenant
5: Zangoose
4: Darkrai
3: Drapion
2: Rhyperior
1 (All time fav!): Infernape

My favorite Pok?mon is a toss-up between Cacturne and Gourgeist. They each have their own unique strengths and weaknesses for me.

Cacnea and Cacturne, up until X & Y blessed us with Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist, were the closest Pok?mon equivalents to jack-o'-lanterns, especially with their orange shiny coloration. As such, since Halloween is my favorite holiday, and day in general, of the year, it quickly became a favorite of mine years back. I really like its typing, moveset, and Attack and Special Attack stats as well. It's a shame that Cacturne is so slow and that its HP, Defense, and Special Defense are absolutely awful for survivability. Even if it's not the best in practical terms, I still love the designs and the potential. I was disappointed that it didn't receive a Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, as I feel it would have really benefited from one and it might have helped it escape obscurity.

Meanwhile, as you can imagine, I was absolutely ecstatic when I discovered Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist. I initially preferred Pumpkaboo over Gourgeist because Gourgeist felt like a bit of a departure from Pumpkaboo's cat/bat/pumpkin design, but as time passed I came to really appreciate Gourgeist. My only real complaints with it are that it lacks Shadow Claw. It has access to Shadow Ball, but that's basically useless with its low Special Attack.

So yeah, they sort of even out to about the same. If I absolutely had to choose, it would probably be Cacturne because, for as much of a glass cannon as it is, it at least has a nice movepool, whereas Gourgeist's lack of access to Shadow Claw really bugs me.

Other favorites: Rowlet, Blastoise, Machamp, Parasect, Kabutops, Omastar, Cofagrigus, Escavalier, Malamar, Trevenant, Palossand, and a few more but this list is long enough already.

Last edited:
It's really hard to say what my one favorite Pokemon is, but recently my two favorites have been Incineroar and Ludicolo, for their goofy designs and how much of a blast they are to use in-game. Though overall, I'd say that gen 2 is my favorite in terms of the Pokemon it has.

Back