• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Spotify sucks. Why people even support that is beyond my ears and eyes...brain too perhaps.

I would agree, I want to own my music not stream it. However, I've found that Spotify has the only competent shuffling feature for my playlists that I can find. It's the only one that actually goes through my whole playlist once without repeating the same songs over and over and over again.

I thank Spotify for keeping me sane, as the other shufflers (like my iPhone's native shuffle feature) were awful and were making me hate songs I had loved before because it kept on repeating them over and over again while never playing many other songs.

---

Anyway, I think mine is loving winter and hating Spring. Like, I despise Spring to the deepest part of my core. I get depressed when everyone else is getting happy. This isn't something that typically causes controversy, but it's just so deeply ingrained everywhere that Spring = happy, and winter = depressing. It really makes you feel like the odd one out when everything and everyone says that and you strongly disagree.

My parents get pretty irritable with me on this subject, because we're polar opposites. They spend all winter complaining but then when I say one thing during Spring about it being miserable they give me glares like "quit ruining it for us."

I talked about it with some friends yesterday, but Crocs are actually cute?? When I was younger someone told me they looked lame so I stopped wearing them LOL. Now that I’m older I think Crocs match my outfits better. My friend has two Crocs he wears frequently and he is ROCKING those shoes with his black-colored style. Also, they’re super comfy!

Speaking of controversial footwear, I think Uggs are cute and the hate that they get is undeserved. Wish I could afford some because they look very warm and comfy

I pour milk first and then the cereal. It’s the right way of eating it IMO, it’s a control thing for me I get to visually see how much milk I’ve poured. (I’m a little lactose and I’m a bit of a control freak.)

Speaking of controversial footwear, I think Uggs are cute and the hate that they get is undeserved. Wish I could afford some because they look very warm and comfy
Uggs are great. They were by far the comfiest boot I've ever warn. Felt like slippers. Their drawback was how they weren't waterproof. Definitely not a winter boot by any means.

Jacques Pepin is hot. If you don’t know who that is, he’s a French chef in his 80s best known for various cooking shows on PBS. He was a fox in his youth, with his dark hair and hairy arms— but he’s just as handsome now. He has those big dark eyes and French accent and that cute little belly….😭💕 So what if he’s old? He makes cooking hot— in multiple ways.

Also, I’m not into shopping. Someone could say, “Ah, that shirt looks good!” I’d think, “So does that exit!”

- The Nintendo Switch feels so overrated and overhyped to me the 3DS(The system itself + the gaming library) was so much better I can make a whole list of the switch's problems that the 3DS doesn't have. Edit real quick: forgot to mention of course the switch has good things the 3DS doesn't but yeah...
Not really unpopular, unless you venture over to a community like Nintendo reddit. Really any social media community is not a good gauge on how the majority feel about something.

Like think about it, does the Switch have any jingles or sounds (besides the click) that make it memorable? The Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U all had different themes depending on where you were on the dash. Heck even the main section of the Wii U had a memorable tune. Now the Nintendo shop doesn't have its own soundtrack like it did with Wii U and before.

They sacrificed a lot to be 'mature' and now its just shallow.

I pour milk first and then the cereal. It’s the right way of eating it IMO, it’s a control thing for me I get to visually see how much milk I’ve poured. (I’m a little lactose and I’m a bit of a control freak.)
That’s sacrilege! 😂

Cereal always goes first 😂
Post automatically merged:

I think there is a time and a place to be serious, and funny should be people's default, not the other way around.
Never be afraid to have a laugh! 😂

Karl Pilkington is the funniest man on the planet. I’m in tears listening to him talk.

@BrokenSanity When I hopped into this thread, your post was the first one that it brought me to. Probably since I haven't really actively been here since that date. So it showed me the 'latest' reply in terms of ones that I have seen. I wasn't attacking you or at least trying to. Sorry about that. I just meant that I agree and quite a lot do. The Nintendo reddit community takes any kind of opinion that isn't 'Hail Nintendo' with extreme prejudice and downvotes it into oblivion.

It is true that most unpopular opinion threads are just popular. I just wasn't sure if you had received a lot of scrutiny from the fandom parts of social media for voicing that opinion.

Most agree that Switch Sports is very lacking compared to it's predecessor that came out in 2006. I've never played the Switch version, but it's kind of disheartening if they did put less content and or effort into a game 16 years later. It feels like they're putting less effort into a lot of their games as of late.

Or that they charged $60 for the new +online membership, but it was released with tons of glitches. Feels like that should had been addressed and tested before being brought to the public. But during 3ds and Wii U era online play was free and it's really just about the same since their games rely on P2P online and they don't have dedicated servers.

@BrokenSanity You're not being a toxic Nintendo fan at all. What IS toxic is having the mentality that you can't like something and have issues with it at the same time. I liked Nintendo back then but nowadays I'm disliking them. It's because I want better from Nintendo. You don't have to be grateful for anything they do whatsoever. They're a business and you're a consumer. End of story. You two aren't friends. You have every right to speak your mind about what you choose to spend your money on.

I feel that Nintendo games are lacking and very empty, yet they charge $90 CAD for them. It's pathetic. You're also absolutely right where most games don't even run right on the Switch either. How many Switch ports suck compared to the same game on another system? Too many to count.

Edit: It's 2022. No excuses for this crap.

Self-depreciating humor is awkward, not funny.

Mukbangs and ASMR videos make me nauseous.
I guess I should clarify— in mukbangs, it’s not the eating itself that bothers me, but they way they go about it. It’s the loud chewing and slurping that disgusts me— and if the food’s messy, I’m definitely out.

With ASMR videos…I like listening to relaxing noises to sleep, but those aren’t my type. I tried a deep ear cleaning one once and it just made my head hurt lol. The whispering and clicking spit noises irritate me. I don’t get the “tingles”.

Oh! And another unpopular opinion of mine— I like astrology. I think it’s fun and I don’t take it too seriously, but I find it interesting.

I guess I should clarify— in mukbangs, it’s not the eating itself that bothers me, but they way they go about it. It’s the loud chewing and slurping that disgusts me— and if the food’s messy, I’m definitely out.

With ASMR videos…I like listening to relaxing noises to sleep, but those aren’t my type. I tried a deep ear cleaning one once and it just made my head hurt lol. The whispering and clicking spit noises irritate me. I don’t get the “tingles”.

Oh! And another unpopular opinion of mine— I like astrology. I think it’s fun and I don’t take it too seriously, but I find it interesting.
With ASMR, it's definitely about the type you listen to. Spit sounds or eating sounds gross me the heck out but give me a video of plastic packaging crinkles and I'm happy lol. But it's not for everybody.

I wouldn't call it the worst book I've ever read, but I'm not really a fan of it and I love classic literature.
At the time I found it dull and confusing. Then again, I was a teenager. I had a bad experience in that particular class so maybe I'm projecting it onto something associated with it lol.

Crash Bandicoot>>>>>Sonic the Hedgehog

Last edited:
I just remembered during the fair's coloring event that I hate coloring 😭 Like I absolutely DREAD those color by numbers books, they stress me the hell out. I think of way too many things while coloring, like what palette to use, where I need to shadow things, how saturated and light I want my colors to be, etc. and at some point I find it boring 😭 Accidentally leaving uncolored spots I didn't see stresses me out too. Coloring is just massively overwhelming for me and my brain shuts off at some point and I need a break. It has never been a relaxing past time for me, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back