What's the last full musical album you've listened to?

Buttonsy

Loser
Bells
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
There are a lot of "what song are you listening to" or "what's your favourite song" type threads here, but I don't think I've ever seen one for full albums! It's been one of my 2019 goals to listen to more albums front-to-back instead of just listening to the singles, so I'm curious what albums people are listening to and what they thought of them.

For me, the last album I listened to was Black Kids' "Rookie" album. It was fun, but it wasn't as good as their previous "Partie Traumatic" album.

EDIT: I guess the title made it unclear, the albums don't have to be a musical soundtrack, they just have to be an album that is musical. That being said, musical soundtracks do count.

Last edited:
I only listen to music in the context of an album (unless there is no album, some artists only have singles). Yesterday I listened to 15 albums straight through while doing a paper.

Beach House - 7. Might not be their best one but it's pretty solid. L'Inconnue and Girl of the Year are the two standout songs for me.

Not sure. I just let the stereo on my van play through every band/album on the memory stick. I think some 'Children of Bodom' album was on last.

In terms of actually putting an album on in my free time though, I had Devin Townsend's 'Ziltoid the Omniscient', 'Ziltoid 2' and Dethklok's 'Doomstar Requiem' all back to back. Concept albums l like those which play out from start to finish like one big musical I'll petty much always listen to all the way through. It's just not the same listening to one of the songs on its own out of context from the rest of the album.

Oh god I listened to so many musicals today, I listened to most of The Last Five Years, then a couple songs off of Be More Chill, then Dear Evan Hansen, then some stuff off of Once on This Island and a little bit of Hamilton (which I'm going to see in a couple days!!!!!)

EDIT: I seem to have misunderstood the goal of this post
I just read the title and thought "musicals!" and didn't even read the thread smh lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I guess my actual answer is that I listened to Wiped Out! by The Neighbourhood last night but honestly usually the only way I listen to music is by queuing up like a million albums and then listening to them throughout the day, I know most people usually put on a playlist but I just prefer listening to albums front to back most of the time (unless it's musicals, in which case I can stand to play one or two [or five or six] songs and jump around between musicals)

Last edited:
The Great Adventure by Neal Morse Band is the last full album I listened to. It came out a week ago and they're my favourite band so I was very excited. I've listened to the full album three times since buying it and I love it so much!

All Inclusive Romantic Getaway by Spendtime Palace.

It's an excellent album if you're looking for some chill rock vibes. It's very recent and I'd consider the band to still be pretty small, though not completely unknown. They haven't put out much but I also haven't disliked a single song they've put out. They have two albums and they follow a consistent vibe.

I'd say Romantic Getaway is more for people who would like to listen to alternative rock with a chill vibe. Something you might listen to while driving somewhere. It's a short album, only 36 minutes long with about 12 tracks.

Their other album, Playdate, is reminiscent of some of the classic rock albums that predate the turn of the millennium. It's something I listen to if I want to feel pumped, as the entirety of the album is pretty fast-paced.

They have a few EPs out there too and some singles. If you're interested in this kind of music, I'd definitely recommend giving it a listen.

I've had DREAMCAR's self-titled album on repeat a lot lately. It's my current obsession.

Although Swan Songs by Lord of the Lost is the one album I listen to all the way through on a regular basis. It just creates a beautiful ambience. It'll be on when I'm doing housework, creative writing, scientific writing, revision, reading, gaming, commuting, in the bath, etc.

Last edited:
oh lol, I was thinking like someone puts on a musical but doesn't even watch it

though in that case, I usually only ever really listen to albums as albums before I rip them to confirm everything's working right (plus it typically takes me a bit of time to tag stuff to my preferences), so judging based off of that, uh...

CYNICISM by Neru, it seems. back in like late march last year (wow, has it really been that long since I last bought an album?)

I don't necessarily mean an album for a musical, just an album that IS musical, I guess I should have made it more clear.
That being said, musical soundtracks sell pretty well, so I'm thinking they do!

Yes, different countries' original Hair cast albums are my life.

Anyways, listen to a collection of Nara Le?o songs called "Raridades 2"(followed some discography of hers I downloaded some times ago)-

surprise, surprise, it's mary poppins returns!

the last non-musical-theater album i've listened to was probably the miles ep from blindspotting, i think? i loved that movie

people... listen to musicals?

I listen to my Phantom of the Opera soundtrack quite often. Not sure if that's the last full album I listened to or not, though.

I usually only listen to full albums the first time I get them. Then, I just let my music play on shuffle or seek out certain songs/artists if I'm in the mood for something specific. I can't remember the last time I bought an album. It's been a while.

In the 'What are you listening to thread?' in the Basement, I'm not sure if anyone's noticed but I ALWAYS list full albums I'm listening to, not single songs! It's actually VERY RARE that I only listen to a song or two from an album!

Back