• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

whats the best island kapp'n has boated you to?

shooting star island, definitely. i’ve seen just about every kapp’n island by now and that one is by far my favourite (although i do love the cherry blossom island as well...) shooting star island is just sooooo pretty

i ended up on star fragments island, so far that's the best i got!

I just unlocked Kapp'n on my new island yesterday and he took me to the vine and moss island! Was pretty happy to grab all those bushes, haha!

I ended up going against a promise to myself and TT'ed a year forwards and then back again. Once I heard how new islands got the short end of the stick with how his islands work, I kinda knew it had to be done. ): But fingers crossed it's worth it!

i havent seen any islands yet outside of the season im in atm so maybe im just really unlucky lol

Cherry blossom island, bamboo island, wheat island, potato island, tomato island, and today he took me to an island that had both tomatoes and bell trees (1,000 bells on them.) on it.
FEz_YLyUcAwFtbZ.jpeg
FEz_YLhVEAg3o9D.jpeg

Last edited:
Shooting stars for sure! But I also have a soft spot for the winter islands. The first time I landed on one I put on some Christmas music and felt a lot of peace. Just sat on the screen for a little while.

I love the shooting star island but he took me to the cherry blossom island as well and that was my absolute fave. So pretty and full of pink trees. * v * I ended up staying for a while since I needed the petals really badly for a few projects and enjoyed it the entire time.

I enjoyed the cherry blossom island and shooting star island the most. However, the glowing moss and vine islands are also great. I'm sad that I haven't yet found the suspicious cauldron recipe but I've gathered plenty of glowing moss. I love the look of it.

Definitely the meteor shower island. I also like that you can hit rocks and get various star fragments.

Second place would be the heavy rain island. You get a gyroid fragment AND a gyroid. Also it rains forever in that island. I dislike heavy rains in reality, but in game, I like the mood in that island.

I haven't been to glowing moss island at night, but I bet that would be a sight. I always go in the morning so I doubt I'll get to see it anytime soon.

Definitely the shooting star island!
It's really pretty, and I have a star-themed island, so it really helps me out lol

The best I've ever had was an island full of wheat before Leif was selling it. I don't go on a tour very often though, certainly not daily.

Once I heard how new islands got the short end of the stick with how his islands work, I kinda knew it had to be done. ): But fingers crossed it's worth it!

Could you clarify this? I restarted my island about a month ago and I've only been to the islands with different vegetables growing, the money island, and the glowing moss/vine island but I thought that was just a coincidence. Will the other Kapp'n islands be time locked somehow?

I definitely like the glowing moss/vine island best so far. I love those plants. I'm going to festoon them all over my island.

Could you clarify this? I restarted my island about a month ago and I've only been to the islands with different vegetables growing, the money island, and the glowing moss/vine island but I thought that was just a coincidence. Will the other Kapp'n islands be time locked somehow?

I definitely like the glowing moss/vine island best so far. I love those plants. I'm going to festoon them all over my island.
Yes, the rare island types are time locked until you reach a certain date in-game for each island with your character. For people who've been playing the game for over a year (or TT'd so their island was created over a year before the in-game date), this isn't an issue, but in your case you wouldn't see most of these rare island types for months.

Absolutely, without a doubt, no second thought, shooting star island.

I hardly play at night, and the rare times I do are not guaranteed to have a meteor shower. I'm still missing several many recipes and a few types of star fragments. I take Kappn's boat daily so any bit of meteor showers helps.

I've only had Kapp'n unlocked for a few days now, but today he brought me to an island with wheat! I was very excited because I haven't had the chance to get any wheat seeds yet. I made a ton of cooking recipes after that!

None. I've only been to potato island a total of four times now. :v Everything else was normal. Not even Bell Tree island.....

The only remarkable one I've been to so far has been a Fall island with some acorns on the ground and with maple leaves floating through the air. Otherwise only been to fairly basic islands, one of which had potatoes and one of which had wheat.

Back