• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What's something you're still holding out hope for that we get?

Music options (turn off music but keep sound effects, or even play music from old games)
Easier way to restart an island - Automatic flattening, any type of new game+, moving out, ...
Let us customize the other buildings, like being able to change the town halls design in New Leaf
A few miscellaneous QoL things (mostly bulk craft and purchase tbh), I love the outdoors storage that we got though.
I know we just got new hairstyles, but - more! And more colors. I wish there was a nicer blonde. Happy with what we got though!
More plants + nature, always more plants! (Furniture as well, but I'm more interested in nature) Again, happy with what we got but always want more.
Rugs and wall furniture (on cliffs) outside.

Knowing Nintendo they are pretty sneaking with how they do updates. They like to hide stuff that they don't want to know. What really surprised me is that they were showing new items in Nook Cranny's but then it just made me question "Why show them if the shop is not going to get an upgrade?" I mean would it make more sense if there was more space to display all these new furniture? It didn't make any sense to me.

Also when we saw Kapp'n we know for a fact that he takes us to mysterious islands that have different themes are going with them. To me its more of a updated version of the Nook Mile islands but instead they have more going on with the islands. Which is making me worried that the mini games that people were hoping for could not be shown. I like to be wrong, but I am not so sure if you can ask your friends if they can travel with you with Kapp'n.

Then, and this maybe controversial when I say this, but I really haven't seen anything new regarding villagers. I know you can invite them to your home and they can invite to their home which is a returning feature we know from New Leaf, but what is making me worry is that I am not sure if they actually went and fixed up what the villagers say. I mean I want the villagers to say new things, but know how the dialogue has been so far it makes me worry that the villagers will still say the same stuff, even the newer ones that were announced will still talk the same way as each other depending on the personality.

Lastly, I know they showed off Brewster but part of me is worried that we may not be able to work for Brewster. Since they spend only 3 minutes on him I still don't get how we are going to get The Roost. All we know is that he serves Coffee, you can chill out with your villagers and friends, but that was pretty much all they shown. I was kinda hoping they would show a bit more, but maybe I am being too critical and they will save all that stuff as a surprise when the update come out.

Especially since it's looking like this is the last content update ever aside from patches and holiday-related things, I'm really hoping and praying that these few things on my personal list are somehow included, and they just weren't featured. It would be really weird if they weren't, of course, but who knows.

1. Gracie Grace -- I really, really was holding my breath to see if she was amongst the other vendors on Harv's Island. And who knows -- maybe she is! They didn't show us a full encompassment of it. They could've kept that from view, or forgotten to include it. Another possibility is that she's somehow tied to what I note below. Either way I'm really REALLY hoping for her. I at least want her furniture set to come back, as well as some of her clothing items. I love her so much. The Gracie series is one of my favorites, and the Gorgeous series is my second favorite. So please Nintendo. Don't forget Gracie. :(
  2. Nook's Cranny Upgrade -- I'm surprised this wasn't included especially since they seemed to listen so carefully to the other updates. However, like a few others have noted, it's possible that it could be there, just not featured in the Direct. One of the most telling lines that there might be more to the update than was shown is the fact that at the end of the 'free content' part, the narrator said: "You will experience this new content in various ways, some of them outside of what we've shown you today".
  3. the Post Office/pelican characters -- still holding out for these cuties. Ugh. My heart. I miss them so sorely. I hate the lame little postcard stand so freaking much. I loved the immersion and stupid extraneousness of going to the post office. I loved the pelicans so much. I miss Phyllis. :(
  4. Copper & Booker -- cutie police doggies, enough said. I really doubt they'll be included at this point. But I do miss them.

Overall I'm very satisfied with everything that was announced in the Direct, but if I could just wish for a few more little things...
-More returning plants and fruit! I really want violets, clovers, and dandelions back (and carnations would be nice too), as well as the missing tropical fruit/perfect fruit. And dead trees! I've always liked the look of dead trees in colder seasons, and so I enjoyed using them in fall and winter in New Leaf. I'd love it if they made a proper comeback!
-More hair and eye colors! I really want a stark white and a lighter brown hair color, and they seem high enough in demand. I'm hoping Harriet will have these options too and it just wasn't covered.
-Other NPCs that haven't currently been shown, like Gracie, Booker and Copper, etc. I love the Princess and Gorgeous series and would love to have them in New Horizons, and I've been hoping the police dogs would make a return. The only other AC game I've played is New Leaf and I had Booker there, so I feel like I really haven't seen much of Copper outside of his campsite dialogue.
-And some smaller QoL updates, like an Able Sisters shopping cart, music volume options, etc., but I'm hoping that those will be added in 2.0 and were just too minor to include in the Direct itself.

Substantial amounts of new dialogue
Old NPCs - Gracie, Booker/Copper, Pete/Phyllis/Pelly (sadly seems a bit late for them) - and their associated items. I think Gracie is worth a dream?
Minigames, including Brewster job
Bridges joining cliffs etc.
I'll assume we'll get it, but a substantial amount of new clothing/furniture is the most important thing.

Not hoping for, but would still like: WW holidays (like you said), I particularly miss Bright Lights and the Flower Fest. Missing Amiibo villagers. Pocket Camp-style items, at least in the vein of Nook Miles items.

Shop upgrades and something on the opposite side of the Roost since it’ll bother me that there could something interesting that could go on the other side of it. But other than that, I cannot complain. I’m super happy for everything that’s going to be added to the game soon.

This update has fulfilled all my needs except one….dead trees.

I’m super happy for this update, but if that was randomly thrown in there, it would be the best thing ever.

I also very much wanted shop upgrades to be a thing again. Perhaps with Harv's island expansion I won't miss them.
It has it's own dedicated thread, but GracieGrace. 😭 I really wanted to see her (Or her prodigy fashion student LaceyLace, I'm not picky) come back with exclusive items. I also just super enjoy the character.

I loved the new updates, can't wait for that DLC.
I feel like there might be more than they could have mentioned in the video; they usually have a time limit and sometimes might keep things for us to find out when playing, not really sure.

I do have some things I would have liked to seen though:

- SCARVES, I thought there might have been a chance after getting bags, just gimmie my warm scarves ;_:

- This is more or less a little idea, I thought would be cool to have. Treehouses. But like you couldn't tell its a treehouse other than the fact there would be a ladder against the tree, and when you go up you have a lil room where you could pure more items if that makes sense. U dunno, treehouses for this game always seemed like a good idea.
Kind like in pocket camp where you can design the inside ofyour RV and upstairs too.

- Better dialogue for villagers. If they're bringing older villagers back, maybe they're gonna bring older dialogue back. Because I honestly don't enjoy talking to a lot of my villagers half the time.

- Bridges that don't need water, so like cliff bridges. (ooh imagine a suspension bridge across two treehouses?)

I think the only thing I wasn't fond of, was that villagers can just come into your house without telling you again, Inever enjoyed that because you can't carry on with designing, and I'd always stressed myself trying to go back to the main room before they left thinking I was ignoring them.

The Tortimer Island mini-games. They didn't show it but the game needs it!

I also really want them to move KK to the café, was very disappointed when the café was shown to be that small. Other than that, I was utterly blown away!

honestly the update was SO amazing i can happily live without all this stuff but you know there is always more haha

- nook upgrade + tropical fruits (this MAY be in the update, you never know. maybe they want us to find that out ourselves)
- qol stuff like multi crafting
- ITEM LAG FIX i really hope its in the update and they just didnt want to talk about it ;;
- with the new stuff i would have loved like one or two extra acres to our island and maybe that we can have 12 villagers now since we get so many new ones
- minigames (also i feel like its a little too late for that now, that would have been perfect at the beginning)
- DESERT ISLAND ESCAPE i miss it
- new bridges and inclines ??? thats a big one that i miss and still hope its in it even tho they didnt show it

I'm happy with the update but I just want the island tour mini games😔 I want to bully a small robot.

The Tortimer Island mini-games. They didn't show it but the game needs it!

I also really want them to move KK to the café, was very disappointed when the café was shown to be that small. Other than that, I was utterly blown away!
This. Especially moving K.K. to the café. I don't like how he takes up the entire square when he's in town (and sits so close to the door), even in rain! I mean, come on... I'll forever miss that cosy WW café where he had his own stage ;;
But looking at the café interior from the direct it's likely not going to happen.

Back