• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What will you name your island?

See, I usually name all my towns Mistwood. However, since this is an island, that doesn't sound very fitting. I honestly have no idea now.

Probably Widmouth after my first ever AC town. It was also a little holiday farm in Devon along the coast that I use to visit as a kid so it kinda fits the theme.

Not sure about it yet, but I'm thinking Tropico since it's an island and all and I'll be like a dictator deciding everything lol

I don't want to think of my island as a tropical one, so I don't think I'm going to have the name play on the island theme. I was thinking of something to do with letters or packages because they're something very satisfying for me somehow. Something like Letterbox, only of course I'm only expecting an 8 character limit.

Seeing your bird profile pic, maybe you could include pigeons or doves into your town name, as they used to deliver letters! It's too bad 8 characters doesn't give you much room.

Last edited:
I've wrote down a ton of names in a book because I don't want to have to restart if I start to hate it lol. My top 3 picks would be Saturna, Patina, or Salt Pond (If they let us do more than 8 characters!). I really really hope we can have more than 8 chars for our names, it would give me so much more to work with. I want to add things like "cove", "pond" and "lake" at the end of my towns.

I see a lot of people are skewing towards a tropical theme :) For me, even being on an island is not enough to change my constant town theme of a rainy forest. I will make it work dammit! lol

I am now heavily leaning towards one of these three:

Avonlea
Seashell
Coral

Personally I'm not fond of names that are just words. Maybe you could like, make coral into ''coeral'' or something? If you say it out loud then it's still kind of like coral but it looks unique? I think? Maybe even replace the ''c'' with a ''k'' to make it ''koeral''. I dunno just a suggestion for free, do with it what you want. I think it's a good idea though :p

I wanted to stick with the island theme so I came up with Atlantis, Faraway, Wuhu (from wii resort), and Turtle.

And if the character limit increases I may add things like Bay, Cove, or Island to the ends of them.

I'm still brainstorming and some ideas depend on character limit, but a few I like so far are:

- Basil Bay
- Pitaya Bay
- Bee Balm Bay
- Banana (Bay/Beach)
- Coconut

Basil Bay sounds awesome tbh

I might be biased since that's my real name, but whatevs

Last edited:
I'm in the middle of Mimosa (the plant, but also it kind of goes with the island theme) or Azure. Leaning much heavier toward Mimosa!

Personally I'm not fond of names that are just words. Maybe you could like, make coral into ''coeral'' or something? If you say it out loud then it's still kind of like coral but it looks unique? I think? Maybe even replace the ''c'' with a ''k'' to make it ''koeral''. I dunno just a suggestion for free, do with it what you want. I think it's a good idea though :p

I always have named my towns something based off nature or a mythical place. Perhaps silly and not very unique. But I?m a vanilla girl :)

I named my recent town Hymoonia in New Leaf, which was a animalish varient of Hyrule (3Ds is now cracked on both top and bottom screens so having a hard time actually playing lol). That being said, I like having little connected stories in my head, so maybe I'll go with an animal varient of Breath of the Wild's Eventide island....having abit of trouble thinking of a good name though...some being "EvenMeow" or "Wooftide"....idk, do you guys have any ideas?

I'll probably name it after a French town, these are my current options (please help me choose):

* Concarneau
* Saint-Paul
* Saint-Pi?rre
* Camembert
* Trancault
* Fontainebleau
* Billancourt
* Saint-Louis
* Ch?tillon
* Besan?on
* Floimont
* La Fourche
*Ch?lons

Well, when I was 5 and got the GameCube game I named the town "Sadie" because I didn't know how to spell "city" now this one's an island/beach so "bech" might be funny 😂

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'll probably name it after a French town, these are my current options (please help me choose):

* Concarneau
* Saint-Paul
* Saint-Pi?rre
* Camembert
* Trancault
* Fontainebleau
* Billancourt
* Saint-Louis
* Ch?tillon
* Besan?on
* Floimont
* La Fourche
*Ch?lons

I don't speak French so I have no idea what these mean but Fontainebleau sounds sick, if that was too many characters Ch?lons sounds super cool too

I'm planning on calling it Reinhof, which means "pure court" in German. I just think it sounds nice. :)

Back