• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What series are you currently watching?

Adventure Time - I've never actually watched it before and my husband has never seen all of it. We're near the end of season 5 now. I'm really loving it so far!

Mob Psycho 100 which will end next episode :’j I’ve been a superfan for a long long time so seeing it end for real feels bittersweet.
I also started watching Wednesday during lunches! love the vibes.

Adventure Time - I've never actually watched it before and my husband has never seen all of it. We're near the end of season 5 now. I'm really loving it so far!
Nice! You can also watch the HBO 4 part specials without having HBO now to. And I think Adventure Time is making a comeback. I really liked the whackiness of the earlier seasons. Some of the mid-series stuff got a little too serialized soap-opera drama for me.

Just finished watching 'The Traitors', it was sooo entertaining! Going to start watching season 2 of Alice In Borderland as it's out on Netflix now.

Just started the 2nd season of The White Lotus. I loved the 1st season so I’m hoping the 2nd one will be just as good!

currently watching gilmore girls but since ginny & georgia s2 is here im watching that instea
Post automatically merged:

i’ve begun watching season 2 of ginny and georgia on netflix! i’m only on episode 2, but i’m really enjoying it so far!
how chaotic is it so far

I just binge-watched all eight episodes of Lookism on Netflix in a single sitting because I'm in too much pain to do much else. I had low expectations but I really enjoyed it. It tackles difficult topics in a light-hearted enough way that it doesn't leave you in a depressive pit at the end but it's take-home message still makes a powerful impact.

Aside from that my partner and I are slowly working our way through Wednesday. Plus I started watching The Circle season 5 last night. Trashy reality TV shows are my #1 guilty pleasure.

I just binge-watched all eight episodes of Lookism on Netflix in a single sitting because I'm in too much pain to do much else. I had low expectations but I really enjoyed it. It tackles difficult topics in a light-hearted enough way that it doesn't leave you in a depressive pit at the end but it's take-home message still makes a powerful impact.

Aside from that my partner and I are slowly working our way through Wednesday. Plus I started watching The Circle season 5 last night. Trashy reality TV shows are my #1 guilty pleasure.
i really liked wednesday, just be ready for the end though lol

finished wednesday a few weeks ago, it was good imo

the only thing that i didn’t like is that they didn’t give some of the side characters much of a personality. like both tyler and xavier have the personalities of a cardboard box imo, why does thing, a literal hand have more personality than those two. the ending was a plot twist but at the same time kind of predictable with making the boyfriend (tyler) the hyde.

xavier is still incredibly sketchy because of his drawings (he definitely has some kind of connection to the hyde but the series kind of makes you forget that by the end) and the phone scene. i have always liked xavier better than tyler even tho he’s kind of creepy, i knew i had a dislike for tyler from the start.

anyway thing was one of my favorite characters next to wednesday, jenna ortega’s acting was great. if there’s ever a 2nd season i’d like to see more scenes with the family even tho it’s wednesday’s show. i heard people were complaining about the casting of mortica and gomez but i wouldn’t know better since i’ve never seen anything addams family related before. also lurch looked off at the end so maybe that’s not really lurch..

Last edited:
I've finished a couple of shows recently.

🏴‍☠️ Black Sails 🏴‍☠️
I really cannot praise this series enough. A combination of real and fictional pirate characters come together in an epic tale about the battle for control of Nassau. It is harsh, brutal, and mature, but most of all honest. The characters are truly nuanced and each of them well represented. It covers serious topics related to love (including LGBT+), death, slavery, oppression, and ambition. The music is also top tier. 10/10

🐍 BlackAdder 🐍
On a different note, this Rowan Atkinson comedy is full of wit and hilarity. Each of the 4 series covers a different point in history with roughly the same cast of characters.

My favorites in order:
- Series 2 with Queen Elizabeth
- Series 3 with Prince George
- Series 4 during WWI
- Series 1 with Richard IV

There is also a Christmas Carol special with Queen Victoria that is quite good.
Definitely recommend if you are a fan of Rowan Atkinson's brand of comedy.

The Witcher: Blood Origin
I'm not quite done with this one as I've only watched 3 of the 4 episodes so far, but I might as well go ahead and comment. The last episode can't possibly change my feelings on this series. It simply doesn't live up to my expectations based on The Witcher. The acting is subpar. I know what emotions they're trying to convey, but the show doesn't make me feel those emotions. There are some characters I want to like, but the depth and storytelling just isn't there. I'll finish it since I'm almost done, but I cannot recommend it in good conscience.

i finally started watching wednesday on netflix! i meant to watch it sooner, but i got caught up with other shows haha. i’m currently on episode 5, and i’m really enjoying it so far! my mom’s watching it with me, and she’s enjoying it as well. i love jenna ortega in anything, and i think she makes a great wednesday addams. <3

I started a couple of new series today.

Season 2 of Alice in Borderlands
The first episode picks up right where season 1 left off. Introduces some interesting new twists and characters. Can't wait to see what's in store.

The Tale of Outcasts
A new anime airing this season. An immortal demon and a young orphan girl form a bond. I liked the first episode and I'm looking forward to more.

finished wednesday, and now i’ve started watching season 2 of chucky with my dad! we had plans to watch it eons ago, but then we got caught up with other stuff haha. we’re only on episode 3, but i’m enjoying it so far! i’m really happy that glen and glenda have made an appearance; they’re actually my favourite character/s from the series, and it’s always bugged me that they were never brought up again after seed of chucky. ^^

excited to see how the rest of the season goes!

Currently watching the anime adaptation of Nana on Youtube with my sister! Heard about it via word of mouth, got curious, and decided to look it up on Youtube one day to see if the episodes were there and it's there in it's entirety (except for one episode 😭)
I had heard that it's portrayal of relationships was more realistic and down-to-earth in comparison to most other josei/shoujo, and yep it definitely doesn't pull it's punches on certain subjects lmao
I'm enjoying it so far! As I'm approaching the final handful of episodes I can't help but feel that the pacing is getting a bit rushed, but that's anime adaptations for you lol

I hope that I can eventually start on season 2 of Demon Slayer and finish season 1 of To Your Eternity so I can watch the 2nd season that's coming for it!

Season 3 of All Creatures Great and Small, excited to see the show back for new season. :)
I was coming here to post the same thing! I've seen every episode so far. The books were a favorite of mine as a kid (and and still are). The show is so cozy and wholesome, like a cup of cocoa on a cold winter day.

Currently watching The Last of Us on HBO and Pressure Cooker and kaleidoscope on Netflix. On cable I’m watching Kids Baking Championship. Seeing kids with a passion for baking is adorable and wholesome!

Back