• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What made you interested in Animal Crossing?

It was the real-time, seasons changing element to the game.
More specifically, I was drawn to the Christmas lights on the Winter trees on the back of the Gamecube case.

I still remember being a kid browsing the Gamecube isle at Blockbuster and looking at the back of random game cases.
Once I saw the Christmas lights, for whatever reason, I HAD to play it.

A bunch of my friends got ACNL when it was released in America, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon.

played animal crossing wild world on my cousins ds then I wanted it the next day. Eventually, I was more addicted to it than her, and at some point we all played animal crossing and in the end everyone stopped except me. I just moved onto new leaf while they all decided to get a life. true story haha.

I grew up with Animal Crossing! I think my brother really influenced me and my other siblings (sister and little brother) to keep getting the new ones after GameCube. We had GameCube, Wild World, City Folk, and of course, New Leaf. My brother (older) and I are planning on getting Happy Home Designer, because we like designing. It's my childhood :)

I played the Animal Crossing GC game when it came out when I was littler. I've always liked animals so I guess that's what drew me to it?

When Wild World came out there was an advert for it, I hadn't heard about Animal Crossing before then. I thought it sounded like a good game, looked really cute and the idea of being able to visit people over the wifi. I bought my DS in a bundle with the game and got totally hooked on it. I wish I had known about it earlier.

When i was younger, my friend was playing the gamecube version at her house, and let me borrow it for a week
after that i was hooked

I went over to a friends house and they were playing it on the gamecube at the time I had a gamecube myself so I went and bought the game the next day.

My brother had the gamecube game and let me play, it was so different and fun... but I didn't have a gamecube. I bought a DS later just so I could get Wild world. Then got a wii for Christmas with Mario kart included, and just had to go get the City folk game of course, but I also got the original on gamecube since the wii was backward compatible to the gamecube.

I decided to get a 3DS because I wanted to play Pokemon XY, and they were having a deal: buy the 3DS with any game and you get Pokemon XY for free. I saw some gameplay for ACNL and thought it was really fun so I decided to get it. My days with Pokemon didn't last very long but I'm still playing New Leaf so :)

My first game was the GC game, and I was interested in it because we had it. That's pretty much it. I didn't buy the game or know anything about it until we played it. I think my sister had a friend that played it and liked it, and that's why we ended up buying it.

My friend wouldn't stop talking about it and told me she thought I'd enjoy it.

I was thinking about investing in a 3ds anyway so I figured if I had more than one game that I was interested in it would make it more worth the while.

Back