• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Smash Bros What is your likes and dislikes you have for Smash Ultimate?

Antonio

✦ Any Pronouns ✦
Bells
Switch
5457-1578-2981
Island
Reverie
Orange Balloon
Toy Hammer
Zodiac Dragon Figurine
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
Night Sky Scenery
The game will be arriving on December 7th and with all the news/content coming out via Gameplay, I am super hyped for this installment in the franchise and I want to know what are your likes and dislikes for the game?

- Every character is back
- Isabelle is a new character
- Adventure Mode
- Unique Classic Modes
- The Menu
- Lifelight

Dislikes
- Grinch Leak being fake (Show your face, ya fool)
- Training Mode (I wished we could practice on selected stages as well)
- A full-fledged Adventure Mode like Subspace in Brawl.
- Leaks
- Waiting 12 more days to play it.

The story mode is one thing I'm looking forward to, not everyone's cup of tea I suppose.

Likely an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad that there's no voting for the DLC characters. (Or so it appears.)
Too many meme character suggests that I know people would vote for just because.

I like all the new characters (I'VE WANTED CHROM AND ISABELLE IN SMASH FOR SO LONG OMH) I like the gameplay a lot, it feels much faster than smash 4. I really like the inclusion of the final smash meter too.

In term of dislikes, I feel like the spirits thing was really underwhelming. But that's about it, this game is amazing! I can't wait to get a switch so I can play it!

Not sure that I could think of any dislikes tbh, other than it's kinda sad to see trophies go.
For likes, I'm REALLY excited to try out all of the options they added for stages! Morphing, turning hazards off, giving every stage a Battlefield variant as well, that's gonna add so much variety oml.
Dislikes
- Training Mode (I wished we could practice on selected stages as well)
You can! The white grid thing is just another stage exclusive to training mode. Also can they bring back the Nabbit glitch pls&ty

I heard there is going to dlc for smash ultimate. 5 to be exact. cant tell who they are exactly. oo kaito
I heard also that you can only play as the 8 characters at the start of the game, i hate you cant just play isabelle straight away
I really want to play as pichu even if pichu is potrayed as a joke character

Last edited:
I really hate the idea of that ghost thing for your fighters cause it is half cheating for others when you play online.
I rather to have trophies instead of a ghost thing.

Like:
- It's Smash. There's just a default amount of quality they all have, so that's good...Like Mario Kart, where some are special, some are not, but they're all fundamentally fine.
- Isabelle is in it.
- Lucina returns. I took a strange liking to Lucina in Smash 4 but felt it was down to chance on whether she would return, being a clone n' all.
- Some actual okay looking single player this time around. The single player content on Smash 4 (both versions) was absolute tripe.
- No Waluigi. I fail to believe his popularity is anything more than a jokey meme.

Dislike:
- The amount of content they've shown. Like, seriously, I have absolutely no hype for this game because it feels like there's absolutely nothing left for me to discover. It's on pre-order, I'll have and play it on day one, but there's nothing there that I'm particularly looking forward too since I already know what's there.
- That only 8 characters are available from the start. I like unlocking things, but when they've shown basically everything Smash has to offer and taken away all the surprises, limiting the starting choice to 8 characters feels like nothing but a redundant option stopping me from playing as the characters I already know are in the game.
- That rather than having a costume that took bits from each Zelda game, they've just replaced Link's outfit with the BotW outfit and all his alternate costumes are based on the stupid NES costume that's too small for him.
- No Banjo or Shantae ; - ;

Likely an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad that there's no voting for the DLC characters. (Or so it appears.)
Too many meme character suggests that I know people would vote for just because.

I would agree, but I doubt the amount of weight that poll from Smash 4 held anyway in regard to what characters were chosen. Felt like they pretty much already decided on characters regardless of the results.

Tao
Maybe, it could of been that they had a pre-selected pool they were considering, then whichever got the most votes they did. I could be slightly biased in this as I voted Bayonetta, and she did end up winning.

Last edited:
Tao
Maybe, it could of been that they had a pre-selected pool they were considering, then whichever got the most votes they did. I could be slightly biased in this as I voted Bayonetta, and she did end up winning.

I imagine that's sort of what happened. Already having x,y and z characters already pre selected and announcing them based on popularity, as though the fans had any weight in the vote when realistically they didn't.

I would say I'm also biased, really wanting Shantae in there (and most 'unofficial pools' I saw her winning...by a huge margin) yet Bayonetta winning from "she hasn't overall won, but she won in Europe and most viable in terms of licencing" (or something like that, IIRC).

Regardless, even Shantae (who I personally wanted) and Bayonetta (who I don't care about) aside, there seemed to be so many popular votes that even with Smash Ultimate guest announcements haven't been considered that I just can't take the results of that ballot seriously...Obviously not including the "never going to happen" idiot votes like Shrek and Goku...Along with the 'official' results never being revealed, it seemed like a faux way to make people feel involved when they really weren't.

Tao
I certainly could agree that there was likely more to it.
The way they defined Bayonetta's win seemingly supports they had some pre-qualifiers for those votes.
Some transparency or a list of options would be good for the next time they do something like this.

Like: Pok?mon Trainer is back.
Dislike: How it isn’t out yet.

Last edited:
Love the characters they added, the music is pretty good, and the new mechanics seem to make it much faster-paced than smash 4.

I'm extremely sad Shadow and Isaac didn't make it and the Grinch leak was fake, that the DLC is shaping up to be lackluster, and the story mode looks very meh as well. Overall I'm excited although I am really miffed Sonic keeps getting the shaft in terms of new content and characters - Shadow's been an AT for 3 straight smash games now and it hurts ;-;

Dislikes
- A full-fledged Adventure Mode like Subspace in Brawl.

EX-CUSE ME? The fact that Smash 4 didn't have that is why I hated it, to begin with! Granted this is a pathetic excuse for an Adventure mode, It's still something.

Wither way, I'm legitimately getting REALLY angry with the sheer difficulty of the adventure mode, even on Normal. There's an early fight that I am having extreme difficulty clearing.

pros
waluigi isnt a fighter
richter IS a fighter

cons
alucard isnt a fighter
weird reflex mini game with unlocking spirits
online is like five steps backwards from what sm4sh did and thats saying something

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why did people think the grinch would be in smash

****ed up if true

I don't like how all gamemodes are just the regular old Smash game. Sure Spirit battles have gimmicks but it's still just smash your opponent off the screen or drain their health in the case of stamina. I miss the Stadium modes and things like break the targets.

I don't like how all gamemodes are just the regular old Smash game. Sure Spirit battles have gimmicks but it's still just smash your opponent off the screen or drain their health in the case of stamina. I miss the Stadium modes and things like break the targets.
Hopefully in an update. ]:
Why did people think the grinch would be in smash
Because they’re dumb.

Last edited:

I agree, Break the Targets was one of my favorites of Smash. Really hope that there is a update
and they bring these modes back.

I like that everything is in it but yeah I do miss the Break the Targets.

Some of the battle gimmicks are annoying as sin.

I love pretty much everything.
Except for the awful online. How the **** did it ever end up like this. It's so laughably bad and Nintendo should be ashamed. Seriously, I miss For Glory. That had it's flaws but it was worlds better.

Back