what do you think of pokemon as it is today?

KCourtnee

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Posts
2,458
Bells
3,085
Dragon Tokens
0
do you like the older pokemon games/pokemon/episodes or the new ones?

i like the old everything. i grew up playing the old games and watching the old shows with the original character voices. i hate the new crap. -.-
 
Hate the new pokemon <.<

yea I'm using my wii's browser so i can't post a video or link but anyway...search "pokemon what happened to you?" on youtube.
 
Kanto and Johto seasons of the anime were awesome.
It was sub-par on Hoenn, and utter crap in Sinnoh.

Games from Gen I and II were great.
I didn't like Gen III.
Gen IV was alright.
 
kanto and johto were the best regions and always will be. all the cutest, classic pokemon. the pokemon now look like nintendo ran out of ideas and names for them. and a lot look like robots
 
feature wise, I'd say gen IV and gen II are up there, due to wifi and clock, respectively.

gen IV is a lot better imo, if not only due to the physical/special move split. that's probably the most defining change in the actual game since the addition of dark/steel.

hoenn didn't really bring a lot to the table, but you have to restart somewhere, I guess.

as I've said before, hoenn being half-water is utter *censored.2.0*.
 
Psychonaut said:
feature wise, I'd say gen IV and gen II are up there, due to wifi and clock, respectively.

gen IV is a lot better imo, if not only due to the physical/special move split. that's probably the most defining change in the actual game since the addition of dark/steel.

hoenn didn't really bring a lot to the table, but you have to restart somewhere, I guess.

as I've said before, hoenn being half-water is utter *censored.2.0*.
it was hoenn that brought the physical/special move split and all that cool stuff :l
 
Rogar said:
Psychonaut said:
feature wise, I'd say gen IV and gen II are up there, due to wifi and clock, respectively.

gen IV is a lot better imo, if not only due to the physical/special move split. that's probably the most defining change in the actual game since the addition of dark/steel.

hoenn didn't really bring a lot to the table, but you have to restart somewhere, I guess.

as I've said before, hoenn being half-water is utter *censored.2.0*.
it was hoenn that brought the physical/special move split and all that cool stuff :l
No, it was definitely Sinnoh.

Anyway, I don't think the newer games are as bad as people make them out to be. I actually loved Hoenn. Introduced a lot of kick-ass pokemon, like Sceptile and Walrein. Only problem I can really find with it is that it's all water.
 
MrCrazyDavis said:
Rogar said:
Psychonaut said:
feature wise, I'd say gen IV and gen II are up there, due to wifi and clock, respectively.

gen IV is a lot better imo, if not only due to the physical/special move split. that's probably the most defining change in the actual game since the addition of dark/steel.

hoenn didn't really bring a lot to the table, but you have to restart somewhere, I guess.

as I've said before, hoenn being half-water is utter *censored.2.0*.
it was hoenn that brought the physical/special move split and all that cool stuff :l
No, it was definitely Sinnoh.
^ qft

which is a huge reason why sneasel (not to mention plenty other pokes) got a huge boost in the switch. pursuit/any dark type moves would be laughable in the face of calm mind psychic types. and then there was physical/special split. :eek:!

and the + 50% special defense for rock types in sandstorm.

hoenn brought abilities, that's what I'm forgetting. contests don't count, imo.
abilities are a very huge thing in the game, how'd I forget that :/

still, the water killed any kind of joy I had in that game. ;-;
 
After Hoenn I lost all faith in what they have some nerve calling "Pokemon" now.
 
L Lawliet said:
After Hoenn I lost all faith in what they have some nerve calling "Pokemon" now.
Hoenn is where the real competitive/srs bzns pokemon battling started to get interesting. it brought about limited EV'in (before, you had max ev's for all stats), abilities, and added some cool pokes.

where the game is located sucks, due to erryday i'm surfin'.

gen IV has a much better location, I think. and it added the physical/special split, not to mention some more cool pokes to use.

anyone who thinks pokemon died when hoenn came out needs to take out the nostalgia goggles. 4 srsly.
 
All the games are pretty cool, still

the television series however, can't compeed (they are now even aired on the most peculiar times :r) <small><small>idiotic disney xd</small></small>
 
Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
After Hoenn I lost all faith in what they have some nerve calling "Pokemon" now.
Hoenn is where the real competitive/srs bzns pokemon battling started to get interesting. it brought about limited EV'in (before, you had max ev's for all stats), abilities, and added some cool pokes.

where the game is located sucks, due to erryday i'm surfin'.

gen IV has a much better location, I think. and it added the physical/special split, not to mention some more cool pokes to use.

anyone who thinks pokemon died when hoenn came out needs to take out the nostalgia goggles. 4 srsly.
KEYWORDS:After Hoenn
 
i only played 2 pokemon games a long time ago. i didnt really like them at all so i havent played the new ones.
 
L Lawliet said:
Psychonaut said:
L Lawliet said:
After Hoenn I lost all faith in what they have some nerve calling "Pokemon" now.
Hoenn is where the real competitive/srs bzns pokemon battling started to get interesting. it brought about limited EV'in (before, you had max ev's for all stats), abilities, and added some cool pokes.

where the game is located sucks, due to erryday i'm surfin'.

gen IV has a much better location, I think. and it added the physical/special split, not to mention some more cool pokes to use.

anyone who thinks pokemon died when hoenn came out needs to take out the nostalgia goggles. 4 srsly.
KEYWORDS:After Hoenn
keywords: lolololol

after hoenn could mean hoenn and on, or could mean just after hoenn, not including it.

either way, gen IV wasn't all that bad, and I'd assume that more people like sinnoh than hoenn, overall.

either way, nostalgia goggles need to come off.
 
Back
Top